PDA

View Full Version : The Oscars

Evil Chris
02-27-2005, 08:49 PM
I am... although I didn't see any of the more nominated films this year.
I like to watch the tributes they always put together for them.

Peaches
02-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Possible movie spoiler alert!!

Several years ago Kevin Spacey accepted his award for The Usual Suspects by saying "I am Keyser Soze". I hadn't seen the movie yet, so of course it was a spoiler. I won't watch them any more :awinky:

cj
02-27-2005, 08:57 PM
fuck it, i have to wait until tonight till its televised ;-(

if anyone feels like posting the winners ...... it will help me update private celebrity in realtime :awinky: :biglaugh:

Evil Chris
02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
We're off to a funny start with Chris Rock anyway. :agrin:

cj
02-27-2005, 09:01 PM
peaches, i remember that!!! it was the stupidest thing he could have done!!! it ruined that movie for millions afterwards ... i'm so glad i saw it before then.

Yug
02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by cj@Feb 27 2005, 05:58 PM
fuck it, i have to wait until tonight till its televised ;-(

if anyone feels like posting the winners ...... it will help me update private celebrity in realtime :awinky: :biglaugh:
The update the winners list live here:
http://www.oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/index.html

if your interested. Plus they probably have it live on one of the cable channels cj.

Evil Chris
02-27-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm impressed... Beyonce has sung three songs over the course of the show so far.
Changed clothes and makeup each time as well.

and DAMN she's hot!

BillPMB
02-28-2005, 12:43 AM
Try this Evil Chris,

put a 10 penny nail in the ground with a string tied under the strike head
tie the string to a hamster's tail
soak the hamster in kerosene
ligh the hamster on fire
try to pee the hamster out before it gets fried

WAY more fun than watching TV (especially the ghey gold dudes)

;)

Lisa
02-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Did you wet the bed as a child? :o

SykkBoy
02-28-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm used to tape-delayed and forgot they were live tonight, so missed most of the show

I wasn't overly excited at a lot of the nominees anyways, but I'm glad to see Sideways won for Best Adapted Screenplay

Bestat
02-28-2005, 01:44 AM
Hmmm, I saw most the nominated films, and sorry Sykk I thought Sideways sucked. The characters had no redeeming qualities and I could have cared less about them.

Finding Neverland was an excpetional film, and I was glad to see it at least aknowledged, though did not expect it to win. May Depp one day receive the Oscar he so deserves!

Was nice to Eastwood win again, but was rooting for Marty, maybe next year.

:ph34r:

SykkBoy
02-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Bestat@Feb 28 2005, 01:45 AM
Hmmm, I saw most the nominated films, and sorry Sykk I thought Sideways sucked. The characters had no redeeming qualities and I could have cared less about them.

Finding Neverland was an excpetional film, and I was glad to see it at least aknowledged, though did not expect it to win. May Depp one day receive the Oscar he so deserves!

I loved Finding Neverland too
one of my top ten of 2004

I'm not gay, but if I was, I'd be all over Mr. Depp, hehehe

yeah, too bad Marty got overlooked, maybe next time...or he'll just be the Susan Lucci of the Oscars

kath
02-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 28 2005, 12:26 AM

I had to hear my daughter oooh and ahhhh over Mr. Depp all evening.... OMG mom, look at that suit... OMG mom, look at his hair!.... OMG mom, he's so cool!.... OMG mom, he's SOOO hawt!....

Will I survive the teen years? She's just 13! Ack! :o

I have to admit though that I did like Chris Rock's bit where he interviewed the movie-goers from the Magic Johnson theater... it's true that most "average" movie-goers don't name Academy nominated films as their faves for the year... I'd only seen 1 of the films on the list. Loved that bit where they said: White Chicks was the best film of the year - they were robbed!!! lmao

:rokk:

Almighty Colin
02-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I started watching it but got bored.

grimm
02-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Feb 27 2005, 05:50 PM
I am... although I didn't see any of the more nominated films this year.
I like to watch the tributes they always put together for them.
no, was at the hornets/nuggets game.

i could care less about the oscars. id take electroshock therapy over the academy awards.

grimm
02-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Feb 28 2005, 12:26 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Feb 28 2005, 12:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bestat@Feb 28 2005, 01:45 AM

yeah, too bad Marty got overlooked, maybe next time...or he'll just be the Susan Lucci of the Oscars [/b][/quote]
gay, gay, gay. again, gay. not that theres anything wrong with that, but gay.:)