PDA

View Full Version : The Future Of Adult Entertainment Video Games

DWC Software
02-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Video games have always had the perception that they are played mainly by kids. This is not the case anymore. The average age of a video game player is 29 years old and for someone buying a video game, it is 36 years old. The video game industry in 2004 passed the movie industry in ability to generate revenue. With how successful the video game industry is doing, and the older demographics that are fueling it, I feel that an adult entertainment video game is bound to catch the eye and money of a large portion of the adult market.
Currently we at DWC Software are working on a demo of a game called BoneTown, which we feel will turn some heads in the video game industry. It will be a free roaming game similar to Grand Theft Auto but instead of focusing on violence, it will focus on making the main character the biggest pimp in BoneTown. It involves the player kicking guys asses in bar fights, getting drunk and eventually picking up and having sex with every girl in BoneTown. After successfully picking up a girl, the player will be able to have sex. In this sex mode the player will be able choose the position they want to be in, the thrusting speed, what they grope and all the other dirty shit they want to say and do while having sex. It will be a unique and mature gaming experience, where the players can live out all the fantasies they have of being rich, famous and desired by women. It will transport them into a world beyond their wildest imagination where the parties never stop and beautiful women are plentiful. It will offer them a chance to experience the life of a Casanova, without ever leaving their room.
The demo we are currently working on will illustrate how the picking up of the women work within the game will work, since that is the big variable. We know that other activities within BoneTown will be fun, such as fighting, gambling, dancing and racing boats; our demo will prove that picking up women can also be fun. We have been working on the idea for close to five years and on the demo for about five months. We feel that BoneTown is at a point where we would like to show it to interested parties. We need investment of around $250,000 to complete the entire game. It will be sold for $50 upon its release, fourteen months after we commence development. We have already acquired a publisher who will handle the packaging, distributing, marketing and world-wide licensing. Upon release of the game, the breakeven point will be nearly reached through world-wide licensing alone. This means that if we sell 75,000 units, greatly under the industry average, we will create roughly $3,000,000 in revenue above the breakeven point. Also within BoneTown there are many opportunities for advertisement within the game for companies, products or people.
If you are interested, we can send you our Business Plan. If not we would greatly appreciate if you passed this along to anyone you know who might be.

Andrew Hall, CEO
DWC Software
www.dwcsoftware.com
hod@dwcsoftware.com

Nickatilynx
02-24-2005, 02:42 PM
It will be a unique and mature gaming experience, where the players can live out all the fantasies they have of being rich, famous and desired by women

My life is not a game!!!

;-))

Red
02-24-2005, 02:57 PM
and what if I want to be rich, famous and desired by men? I'm seeing a little discrimination here.

DrGuile
02-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Is it a multiplayer online game?

If it is, fully expect every girl to actually be short fat man in basements...

JR
02-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Feb 24 2005, 12:09 PM

since they will be calling themselves "athletic, tanned, 18 yrs old and bi-sexual", i might still give them a chance.
:)

Nickatilynx
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Feb 24 2005, 12:09 PM

Some of them give great cyber though.

Look , Frenchie , don't knock it til you've tried it!!!

;-))

DrGuile
02-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 24 2005, 03:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 24 2005, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Feb 24 2005, 12:09 PM

Some of them give great cyber though.

Look , Frenchie , don't knock it til you've tried it!!!

;-)) [/b][/quote]
Lol, I'll be sure to call Nickole@ilynx next time I want to cyber.....

pervert.....

DWC Software
02-24-2005, 03:41 PM
It will be multiplayer online and for the first version all of the girls are going to be AI not actual girls.

Nickatilynx
02-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DWC Software@Feb 24 2005, 12:42 PM
It will be multiplayer online and for the first version all of the girls are going to be AI not actual girls.
So they'll be blonde then?

Yug
02-24-2005, 05:20 PM
What systems are you developing it for (xbox, ps2, cube, pc?). You say its 'like' grand theft auto, are you implying that the graphic style is similar to that of grand theft auto 3 (or san andreas basically)? or at least will it be at the end of development?

When you say multiplayer, do you mean via xbox live, ps2 broadband, pc network, or do you mean splitscreen.

Your publisher, where will you be selling the game? Is it too explicit to sell in normal game retail stores such as EB? Will it only be sold online and at all good adult stores?

Your figures state you project to sell 75,000 units, saying this is low for the industry. I'm wondering does your game fall under the 'video game with adult themes' category, or the 'adult video game'. If you can't distribute it via the same methods that other normal video games are distributed, then those numbers you project don't really mean anything.

Please send me your business plan to yug@yugstar.com as I'm interested and know some other people who might be interested in one form or another. Don't be thrown by anything I say, I'm just interested in finding out the exact details, as it sounds like a brilliant idea.

:rokk:

Biggy
02-24-2005, 05:39 PM
The idea isnt unique or original, but no one has executed properly.

I've heard this idea from at least 2 people, I've seen one game even marketed for it thats similar.

DWC Software
02-24-2005, 06:12 PM
We are currently developing it for PC/Mac/Linux Systems because of the financial barriers of getting a game on the playstation or xbox. It will be like grand theft auto in the sense of how you view and move around the environment. Also in the sense of starting missions at your own leisure. There will be missions that advance you through the game but just as in gta, you can forgo the missions and just have fun. You will be able to try to have sex with every girl you see in BoneTown, whether she is part of a mission or not. We are currently in talks with our publisher about content and the type of locations the game can be sold. But the foot is comming down if they try to cut out the sex. The sex aspect of the game is going to totally revolutionize how sex can be delt with in video games, giving the player more control then ever before.

Yug
02-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by DWC Software@Feb 24 2005, 03:13 PM
We are currently developing it for PC/Mac/Linux Systems because of the financial barriers of getting a game on the playstation or xbox. It will be like grand theft auto in the sense of how you view and move around the environment. Also in the sense of starting missions at your own leisure. There will be missions that advance you through the game but just as in gta, you can forgo the missions and just have fun. You will be able to try to have sex with every girl you see in BoneTown, whether she is part of a mission or not. We are currently in talks with our publisher about content and the type of locations the game can be sold. But the foot is comming down if they try to cut out the sex. The sex aspect of the game is going to totally revolutionize how sex can be delt with in video games, giving the player more control then ever before.
will you be licencing an existing game engine, or have you developed your own?

DWC Software
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
We are using the torque game engine