PDA

View Full Version : Steroid use...

TheEnforcer
02-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Have any of you ever used steroids before? I had the opportunity back when I was in high school and almost did it but decided not too.

HoneLynn
02-23-2005, 07:30 PM
I have been around people that have done them and let me tell you, the personality changes and roid rages are scary!! Funny thing is, the person taking them doesn't believe they are acting any differently. :zoinks:

SykkBoy
02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
I take them all the time for my asthma

grimm
02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 23 2005, 03:52 PM
Have any of you ever used steroids before? I had the opportunity back when I was in high school and almost did it but decided not too.
nope, never did.

TheEnforcer
02-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by HoneLynn@Feb 23 2005, 07:31 PM
I have been around people that have done them and let me tell you, the personality changes and roid rages are scary!! Funny thing is, the person taking them doesn't believe they are acting any differently. :zoinks:
Yeah.. it can certainly affect your personality.

VooMan
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
I remember one guy in my high school. He was 6' 2" tall and skinny as hell. He started working out, and at one point he looked great. Perfectly proportioned, ripped, etc...

Then he went too far. You could tell he was on the juice, as he got HUGE in no time, gaining about 80 pounds in one school year, plus he got the acne, his face got all puffy, and his body basically exploded. All the signs of steroid abuse... He also went from a quiet kid to roid rage. It was bad...

I worked out all through high school and college. I was always very strong for my size, but no matter how hard I worked out I just didn't seem to gain a lot of muscle. All the men in my family were smaller wirey types... It may be tempting to gain a pound of muscle a week on steroids, but the internal damage is unbelievable. Besides the horrific liver damange, your testicles shrink and your hair can fall out. So much for becoming the big manly stud, a lot of guys end up bald and impotent. Probably not the look they were originally going for...

Hell Puppy
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by HoneLynn@Feb 23 2005, 07:31 PM
Yup, one of my roomies in college did 'em. And when he'd cycle on, it was like Mr. Hyde walked in the door.

Nickatilynx
02-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Roids were never on the smorgesborg of drugs that I feasted on.

Peaches
02-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I can honestly say I've never taken anything on purpose that would make me beefier :)

SykkBoy
02-23-2005, 08:11 PM
I know when I got my asthma switched from previntil tp albuterol, I would go through periods of roid rage...it was bizzare, I'd find myself snapping at the smallest things...so they switched me back

TheEnforcer
02-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 23 2005, 08:10 PM
I can honestly say I've never taken anything on purpose that would make me beefier :)
Hahahaha!!

Nickatilynx
02-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 23 2005, 05:12 PM
I know when I got my asthma switched from previntil tp albuterol, I would go through periods of roid rage...it was bizzare, I'd find myself snapping at the smallest things...so they switched me back
Thank fuck for that.

Thats all we'd need a pissy , hippy!

;-))

grimm
02-23-2005, 08:15 PM
ive never had to even consider anything to add bulk or muscle, thats for sure. lol

Nickatilynx
02-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 23 2005, 05:16 PM
ive never had to even consider anything to add bulk or muscle, thats for sure. lol
Thats not what Grogan's girlfriend said....

;-))

squirtingcarly
02-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Don't they make a mans penis disappear? :blink:

grimm
02-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 23 2005, 05:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 23 2005, 05:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 23 2005, 05:16 PM

;-)) [/b][/quote]
you run into her at the liquor store?:)

grimm
02-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by squirtingcarly@Feb 23 2005, 05:20 PM
we are talking about STEROIDS. not MARRIAGE

:)

Nickatilynx
02-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 23 2005, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 23 2005, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 23 2005, 05:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 23 2005, 05:16 PM

;-))
you run into her at the liquor store?:) [/b][/quote]
yeah a couple of hundred times.

Anthony
02-23-2005, 09:13 PM
First off Lance, your asthma medicine doesn't have enough steriods to make you roid rage. It's all in your head. I have a friend who shot up Anarval for 2 weeks. He would rage like nuts, till he found out he had fake roids. To rage and rage hard, would mean serious amount of roids. Unless you were taking asthma breathers that pushed over 200mgs of steriods into your lungs, your rage is well, an excuse to be pissy. :)

Extra testosterone will make your hair fall out, if you are predisposed to it. Steriods will make you an asshole, if you are one or better if you let it.

No, it does not shrink the penis, but it does the testicles. A 12 week cycle starts the cusp where you have more testosterone being injected into you than your testicles produce.

What you are all citing are the worst examples of abuse. When done properly with a doctor, to treat testosterone deficency, you do not roid rage, you do not lose hair, okay, you might break out in pimples and acne a bit.

From my understanding, it's not uncommon to gain over 20lbs of pure muscle in a 4 week period using steriods with proper diet, supplementation, and rest.

SykkBoy
02-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Feb 23 2005, 09:14 PM
First off Lance, your asthma medicine doesn't have enough steriods to make you roid rage. It's all in your head. I have a friend who shot up Anarval for 2 weeks. He would rage like nuts, till he found out he had fake roids. To rage and rage hard, would mean serious amount of roids. Unless you were taking asthma breathers that pushed over 200mgs of steriods into your lungs, your rage is well, an excuse to be pissy. :)

I don't need excuses to be pissy ;-)

while it was the typical roid rage that athletes tend to experince, it changed my behavior enough that they put me back on the old stuff...

Nickatilynx
02-23-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Feb 23 2005, 06:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Feb 23 2005, 06:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Feb 23 2005, 09:14 PM

while it was the typical roid rage that athletes tend to experince, it changed my behavior enough that they put me back on the old stuff... [/b][/quote]
LIGHTWEIGHT!!!!!

Anthony
02-23-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Feb 23 2005, 06:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Feb 23 2005, 06:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Anthony@Feb 23 2005, 09:14 PM

while it was the typical roid rage that athletes tend to experince, it changed my behavior enough that they put me back on the old stuff... [/b][/quote]
Typical is generic.

I get pissy at my training partner when he says stupid shit like "Don't be a bitch, keep going." I know my body better than anyone (Well everyone except Nickatilynx). So it pisses me off to hear it. After the umpteenth time, my rage consisted of "Shut the fuck up, you are pissing me off." But I'm a laid back person.

I've seen big roid monsters hit benches, throw weights around when they get pissed off, just storming through with the dead shoulder hoping someone doesn't get out of their way. Those dickheads are assholes. They were assholes before roids, they are even bigger assholes on them.

I've heard of even worse rages, one of my friends go so pissed at his girlfriend one night, he picked her out of bed and threw her in the lake near his house. Now that's really out there.

From my experiences to the really violent ones equal a large gulf to call typical. My response could be from anything, bad lunch, bad day at theoffice, not getting laid. It doesn't mean it's roids.

I still stand by my earlier statement, you are using the very small amount of steroids in an inhaler, you are using it as an excuse to be pissy. :nyanya:

VooMan
02-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Anthony, I can definitely agree with much of what you said... especially the acne. I forogt to mention that guy in my school was covered in acne all of a sudden. heh...

Under a doctor's supervision there's no doubt that it can be done without all the crazy side effects, but how many gym rats are under a doctor's supervision? I had a friend who wanted to get huge... now. Fucked up his liver bigtime.

squirtingcarly
02-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 23 2005, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 23 2005, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-squirtingcarly@Feb 23 2005, 05:20 PM
we are talking about STEROIDS. not MARRIAGE

:) [/b][/quote]
Marriage does that? Hmmmm who are you married to? I like my husbands penis too much to make it disappear. :awinky:

JR
02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
http://www.steroid.com/
its a good site.

this site has good explanations of each product where all the explanations are copied from each manufacturer.
http://www.mailorder-steroids.com/shop/catalog/login.php

there are different side effects to different drugs, different degrees and different effects when different drugs are used together. bodybuilders usually use combinations of 2-3 drugs minimum and most i know do it under doctors supervision or have a background in exercise science/nutrition or medicine. people that abuse steroids with no base knowledge of good diet and proper training technique are usually very easy to pick out of the crowd in my opinion. there are a few kids like this killing themselves at my gym.

i read about it all the time just because i know so many big people that do use various steroids.

no, i have never done any illegal steroids.

yes, i probably might some day... but i think its much much safer to stack growth hormone and testosterone, and would probably do that first. if i was to use decca or dbol or anything else as well, i would not do it without doctors supervision.

Hell Puppy
02-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah, one thing I didn't mention in my post is they work, and they work well if you have the discipline to combine them with a good diet and gym regiment.

You can add muscle mass, and lots of it, very quickly. And if you're willing to put in the time you can get yourself into a shape that just isn't possible naturally.

I personally wouldn't touch 'em.

JR
02-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Feb 23 2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, one thing I didn't mention in my post is they work, and they work well if you have the discipline to combine them with a good diet and gym regiment.

You can add muscle mass, and lots of it, very quickly. And if you're willing to put in the time you can get yourself into a shape that just isn't possible naturally.

I personally wouldn't touch 'em.
Ron agrees

well... not with the last sentence.

http://www.bigroncoleman.com/media/Gal_Feb15LG.jpg

JR
02-24-2005, 12:17 AM
hahha.

Ron is apparently also shy about the topic of drug use in bodybuilding.

http://www.bigroncoleman.com/Pages/Nutrition.html

Over the years I have received numerous questions about how to add mass to one's frame. To put on mass can be a painstaking task for some. I have found that the following things can help a great deal with adding mass to the frame.

a. Eat, eat and eat some more

b. To add strength and mass, try to consume four to six meals a day. Choose from a variety of food groups at mealtime. Try to include lots of potatoes, rice, pasta, fruits and vegetables

c. Make sure you are eating enough. A low fat diet and avoiding refined foods are good, but it won't help you build mass. On the same note you don't want to eat a high fat diet all the time. Fat provides additional calories, the fat-souluble vitamins A, D, E and K and raw materials for important hormones that stimulate muscle growth.

d. Monitor the amount of mass you are gaining. Measure your body parts and weigh every week to see if you are going in the right direction.

e. Lastly, continue to train hard. And remember gaining mass won't happen overnight.

Anthony
02-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 23 2005, 08:25 PM
http://www.steroid.com/
its a good site.

this site has good explanations of each product where all the explanations are copied from each manufacturer.
http://www.mailorder-steroids.com/shop/catalog/login.php

there are different side effects to different drugs, different degrees and different effects when different drugs are used together. bodybuilders usually use combinations of 2-3 drugs minimum and most i know do it under doctors supervision or have a background in exercise science/nutrition or medicine. people that abuse steroids with no base knowledge of good diet and proper training technique are usually very easy to pick out of the crowd in my opinion. there are a few kids like this killing themselves at my gym.

i read about it all the time just because i know so many big people that do use various steroids.

no, i have never done any illegal steroids.

yes, i probably might some day... but i think its much much safer to stack growth hormone and testosterone, and would probably do that first. if i was to use decca or dbol or anything else as well, i would not do it without doctors supervision.
At 36, I'll take all the help I can! :) Steroid.com is an excellent resource center.

If I were to take steroids... I would take a stack of Winstrol (http://steroid.com/87.php) and Deca Durabolin (http://steroid.com/32.php).

Two very effective (http://steroid.com/effect.php) steroids with very little side effects when not abused. Winstrol gives you a hard chiseled appearance, and Deca Durabolin gives huge strength and size gains.

Egypt
02-24-2005, 10:21 AM
You know, you did the right thing in high school. It simply isn't worth your health. :o

I know some people, who used steroids - they all say it's bad and, that results are not your's really. :(

So continue not to use! Just listen to people's experience!

DrGuile
02-24-2005, 10:51 AM
I dont need steroids, you should see the one huge ab I have built! Massive ;)

The Stickman
02-24-2005, 04:03 PM
I have friends that do it.... everything in moderation...

First the muscles get big....
Second the ego gets big....

...last... the nuts shrink!

I won't do it! :yowsa:

Nickatilynx
02-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by The Stickman@Feb 24 2005, 01:04 PM
I have friends that do it.... everything in moderation...

First the muscles get big....
Second the ego gets big....

...last... the nuts shrink!

I won't do it! :yowsa:
ahahahahahahaha nice!!!!!

Stickman,

Tell us a little about yourself...why not start a new thread and introduce yourself?