PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock and the Oscars

TheEnforcer
02-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Was reading this article about Chris Rock and his hosting the Oscars and got to this part which i thought was funny as all hell!!

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/14/deadline-finke.php

It’s no exaggeration to say that the stakes are huge for Rock on Sunday night. He’ll be blamed if the telecast stutters in the ratings, even though this is a star-challenged year where none of the five Best Pictures have even come close to $100 million in grosses, a sign they haven’t been seen in fly-over country. It could also damage Rock’s film career, which is on life support already. He’s bombed so consistently at the box office that, I’m told, he pulled up to a stoplight on Sunset in his Mercedes convertible one day and saw that the driver exactly parallel was trying to talk to him.

“I just rented Head of State, and I want my four bucks back,” the driver told Rock. With that, the signal turned green and the two cars inched forward to the next light.

All of a sudden, a wadded-up $5 bill came sailing through the driver’s window.

“Keep the change!” yelled Rock, all smiles as he drove off.

HoneLynn
02-23-2005, 05:19 PM
:lol: I'm sure he wanted to throw something more damaging than a $5 bill at that driver.

Evil Chris
02-23-2005, 10:26 PM
I like Chris Rock... he's always made me laugh. His style of standup comedy is the type I like most. Can't say I've liked many or any of his movies much, though.

Is giving him host of the Oscars a black thing? I haven't heard anyone in the media mention that yet.