PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of barry bonds coments?

JoesHO
02-23-2005, 11:15 AM
I must preface this to say, I absolutly think him and others did and are using steroids in profesional athetics.

However, I also think that the press really badgers these guys, so they have the right to play the press as they see fit in my opinion.

I think that if you want to pressure the players, you should expect them to blow you off.

JR
02-23-2005, 11:18 AM
they should all use steroids... people want to see records broken. its good for the game and more entertaining.

JR
02-23-2005, 11:21 AM
but then again, i think they should use weapons in sports also.

sports bore me.

DaddysGirl
02-23-2005, 11:43 AM
they are being paid millions of dollars to entertain, there is some responsibilty that comes along with that as far as the off the field requirements, i.e interviews ~imo

DrGuile
02-23-2005, 11:50 AM
I think he's one hell of an idiot... man, talk about ego...

PRESS: Barry, you cheated to break records and make millions, what do you think?

BONDS: Hey man, quit being an ass, this stuff is old new, its all in the past.

I mean WTF? Its not like he got caught and had to pay the price... he's saying that he cheated and should be respected and not bothered about it....

Nickatilynx
02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
And look what happened to Ben Johnson when he got caught...

His career was fucked...

How come no one cares if baseball stars take roids?

JR
02-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by DaddysGirl@Feb 23 2005, 08:44 AM
they are being paid millions of dollars to entertain, there is some responsibilty that comes along with that as far as the off the field requirements, i.e interviews ~imo
wrong.

they are being paid to perform and achieve. not entertain.... thats why their performance is measured by statistics and not a laugh-o-meter

SykkBoy
02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 23 2005, 12:33 PM

His career was fucked...

because roided up baseball players who hit lots of home runs put bums in seats....
Ben Johnson didn't

DrGuile
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Feb 23 2005, 12:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Feb 23 2005, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 23 2005, 12:33 PM

His career was fucked...

because roided up baseball players who hit lots of home runs put bums in seats....
Ben Johnson didn't [/b][/quote]
How do you figure? What's the average attendance for the 100m dash at the olympics?

Or any major track and field meet?

JR
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 23 2005, 09:33 AM

His career was fucked...

because olympic atheletes are not supposed to get caught either and generally less people care about the olympics. also, they are held accountable to the world, not just to sponsors in the US. its just as much about global politics as it is about competing.

if ben johnson ran 160 times a year, had 10-100 million in endorsements, competed all over the US and it was leading up to the world series every year and 10's of millions of people actually cared and were on the edge of their seats every time... he would have been bigger news.

the olympics suck too. i think weapons and drugs should be allowed in the olympics and made available to all athletes. how boring is that shit? luge? curling? uneven parallel bars? B O R I N G! curling would be cool though if someone was shooting arrows at them or something... its something to think about.

DISCLAIMER:
these are just my opinions and ideas. however, the IOOC may use any them they wish and have free license to do so from me.

DrGuile
02-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Also, how come Barry Bond as the right to wear body armor at the plate? That thing he has isnt a brace, its a kevlar suit ;)

DaddysGirl
02-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 23 2005, 12:36 PM

they are being paid to perform and achieve. not entertain.... thats why their performance is measured by statistics and not a laugh-o-meter
I disagree

Vick
02-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 23 2005, 12:45 PM
Curling? uneven parallel bars? B O R I N G! curling would be cool though if someone was shooting arrows at them or something... its something to think about.

I've posted about it before. Nude Olympic Womens Curling
Watch the ratings go up on that event

Baseball is boring and ignorant so it's hard to care about

Professional athletes are paid to perform and outstanding performances put asses in the seats so outstanding performers (and good negotiators and great showmen) get compensated more

How many college kids (or Americans in general) would have accepted brain cancer as a result of steroid use as a trade off to have a career in the NFL?

NFL = Modern day gladiators

SykkBoy
02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by JR@Feb 23 2005, 12:45 PM
if ben johnson ran 160 times a year, had 10-100 million in endorsements, competed all over the US and it was leading up to the world series every year and 10's of millions of people actually cared and were on the edge of their seats every time... he would have been bigger news.

that was my point

it's all about the $$$