PDA

View Full Version : Ok, everybody else owns a fucking board...

sarettah
02-21-2005, 03:47 PM
So, now we do to :yowsa:

http://www.thejewelryboard.com

Downloaded phpbb last Monday. Had it up and working in about 10 minutes :)

Very cool....

Going to try to use it to generate some traffic to http://www.paperjewels.com and http://www.weekend-jewelry.com

Anyway, been futzin around with it, embedding a couple of different banner rotations (1 for jewelry designers sites, one for just products I have affiliate codes for) and it is just about ready to go. Now, all I need is some posters and some traffic...lololol

Anyone got any REAL mainstream stuff (not edge stuff like penis pills etc) and might like to help us out by pushing some traffic our way, let me know and I'll throw a banner or 3 into the rotation for you. Right now my "related" banners (women's products and so forth) are all coming from one affiliate management thing...They suck big time at keeping their banners up and running, so I would love to have some friends and family trades to try out..

Anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanx in advance

Hell Puppy
02-21-2005, 04:20 PM
How much are you paying per post?

:stout:

gonzo
02-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Now we know what he did with them nickles from The Butcher!

sarettah
02-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Feb 21 2005, 04:32 PM
Now we know what he did with them nickles from The Butcher!
I didn't receive any nickels :(

or dimes or quarters or nothink............

(it's ok, I was undercover anyway :yowsa: )

sarettah
02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Feb 21 2005, 04:21 PM
How much are you paying per post?

:stout:
I'm paying 3 times as much as Nick and Gonzo pay me :yowsa:

Winetalk.com
02-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I beg your pardon????

I don't own fucking board,
I own WINE board!

sarettah
02-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Winetalk.com@Feb 21 2005, 04:50 PM
I beg your pardon????

I don't own fucking board,
I own WINE board!
Are you WINING about your FUCKING board again ???? :yowsa:

(actually, a separate conversation with you is planned for later :groucho: )

JoesHO
02-21-2005, 05:01 PM
congratulations Sarreth, I hope it does well for you.

sarettah
02-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Feb 21 2005, 05:02 PM
congratulations Sarreth, I hope it does well for you.
Thanx Joe.........

But, like all the other Jewelry stuff, this will be Jen's baby in the long run. I'm just working on getting it up and running and getting it into the SE's :)

It is also giving me a practice run on setting up and customing out forums and such. I have a test platform built with a phpnuke install that I am tearing apart to use as a front end for a tgp and I have torn apart a goodamount of the phpbb code to embed all the rotation stuff.

Learning can be fun :)

But traffic generation :( for me, that's drudge work......... But, we all gotta do what we gotta do I suppose.

OppBoards.com
02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey Sarettah,

I checked out your paper jewels site and it's pretty interesting. I have an idea which you guys might find usefull. It's a site that lets you put your design on various kinds of clothing like t-shirts, as well as coffee mugs, ornaments, calendars etc. It's very easy to set up, and I am able to sell a few of my creations with it.

Anyways, if you haven't heard of cafepress, check them out. Here is my refcode:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=mapsu

sarettah
02-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by OppBoards.com@Feb 21 2005, 10:30 PM
I checked out your paper jewels site and it's pretty interesting. I have an idea which you guys might find usefull. It's a site that lets you put your design on various kinds of clothing like t-shirts, as well as coffee mugs, ornaments, calendars etc. It's very easy to set up, and I am able to sell a few of my creations with it.

Anyways, if you haven't heard of cafepress, check them out. Here is my refcode:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/storeref.aspx?refby=mapsu
Thanx :)

I will keep it in mind.

The Other Steve
02-22-2005, 02:38 PM
God - this place has been nice and peaceful for the last few days and now you're back posting it's like Friday night closing time at the pub :gbounce:

Hit me up on

211 172 496

Marie's got a mainstream women's site that she might be prepared to trade links for and I've got a couple of other sites that a link trade might work both ways.

Lykos
02-22-2005, 08:29 PM
I own a board too,but only for webmatsers from Ex-Yugoslavia countries,lol:)

sarettah
02-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by The Other Steve@Feb 22 2005, 02:39 PM
God - this place has been nice and peaceful for the last few days and now you're back posting it's like Friday night closing time at the pub :gbounce:

Hit me up on

211 172 496

Marie's got a mainstream women's site that she might be prepared to trade links for and I've got a couple of other sites that a link trade might work both ways.
Hey Steve :)

I will do that. Probably sometime tommorrow. I am just coming off of about 14 hours of sitting in front of the puter. I hand coded a couple of sites for the first time in a long time. Everything from designing the logo on. I still have to get it all keyworded and such but for tonight, I am turning in.

So, I will try to hit the icq tommorrow some time like I said. :)

Thanx :)