PDA

View Full Version : Bar Fight

iamkathi
02-20-2005, 07:33 PM
So, My husband calls me today from Seattle and tells me our 32 year old daughter is in her room and will not come out. It seems she was out last night with her new boyfriend and several girls she hangs out with. The new boyfriend is an "Ultimate Fighter" and is quite a big, burly guy. They were in a bar and one of the locals started drama with him and the BF just walked away. He can be sued if he gets involved in a situation like this and lose his sponsors. He though his group was following him( mistake in my opinion...he should have looked after the girls <_< )

So my daughter got hit from behind by another girl...and then punched in the face when she got up. I know they must have surprised her...she has a 2nd degree black belt and can take care of herself. I watched he take down a pro football player once when he got fresh with her. She teaches kickboxing, so she isn't a push over.

She now has a huge swollen black eye and a busted lip.

What's a mom to do?

I suggested she forget it...move on, get medical attention for that eye and not go to that bar again. Her girls are suggesting revenge.

Children... do they ever grow up? Do you ever stop worrying about them?

JoesHO
02-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Kathi...

I am a firm believer that sometimes violence is the only answear.. ( this appears to have been one of them )

it is a dangerous world we live in now, and you never know when some methhead will start shit, or whatever and they might not stop, so I am of the mind set the best course of action is to squash the problem right from the get go when you know that it is going to go down.

( I do not agree with going back though for some random attack) now if it was people hey knew and it looked to be something that was on going, then I would have to agreee it is time to visit them and end it quick, rather than look for when they will strike next

anyway from a moms perspective it is hard either way, so all youcan do is pray , and hope they do the right thing for the right situations . I wish you well on the whole situation.

dig420
02-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I think her BF was a tae kwon do student or something, he wasn't an MMA'er. I've known a lot of them and never met one who'd walk away from a confrontation and leave his group there. In fact, I've never known one who would walk away. Those guys live to fuck people up.

Nickatilynx
02-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah...sorry I did a lot of boxing in my youth...

I've never in my life walked away from a row.

And the bit about "you may never hit someone with a clinched fist" is ummm bollocks.

Be first ,Be hard , and leave fast ;-))

and the MMAs I know..ie Scottpb and Anthony ......it would have got ugly..

real quick.

:)

but I would not go back.Then there will be charges

if I remeber from youth I could beat the shit out of someone , but once they were down , I had to retreat.

In fact in England the law was if someone is on the ground and you put the boot in it becomes Grevious Bodily Harm.

Tell them do not go back...however if they happen to run accross them in a dark alley... :)

Hell Puppy
02-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Been a long time since I was in a bar fight. Old age and the wisdom that comes with it dictates that I will have now made my exit as soon as I see the storm brewing.

However, I have done my time in such fine establishments as the "Dizzy Duck Inn" (ya duck in, ya waddle out) back when testosterone levels were higher than common sense.

It's that bottle, cue stick, glass or fist that comes from behind that will get you no matter how well you take care of yourself. Never fly solo, always have someone you can trust with you, and when it breaks out, get back to back with them and fight your way to the door.

Of course nowadays I'm not even gonna step foot in a place that's likely to be necessary.

Nickatilynx
02-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Feb 20 2005, 05:22 PM
Been a long time since I was in a bar fight. Old age and the wisdom that comes with it dictates that I will have now made my exit as soon as I see the storm brewing.

However, I have done my time in such fine establishments as the "Dizzy Duck Inn" (ya duck in, ya waddle out) back when testosterone levels were higher than common sense.

It's that bottle, cue stick, glass or fist that comes from behind that will get you no matter how well you take care of yourself. Never fly solo, always have someone you can trust with you, and when it breaks out, get back to back with them and fight your way to the door.

Of course nowadays I'm not even gonna step foot in a place that's likely to be necessary.
Good advice.

:)

grimm
02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by dig420@Feb 20 2005, 04:54 PM
I think her BF was a tae kwon do student or something, he wasn't an MMA'er. I've known a lot of them and never met one who'd walk away from a confrontation and leave his group there. In fact, I've never known one who would walk away. Those guys live to fuck people up.
an MMA'er or a Black Belt in anything has to register as a lethal weapon with their state. if they assault another human being, it is automatically upgraded to assault with a deadly weapon possibly manslaughter or attempted manslaughter. however, a person is allowed to use all reasonable force to assure his/her safety.

Basically as it was explained to me, they can fight back, but once they are "safe" they have to back off and let the appropriate security or authorities handle it.

iamkathi
02-20-2005, 08:45 PM
See, if I was with her this would not have happened. My first husband was Military Intellegence. It was his hobby to teach me to take care of myself, in subtle ways. I never go the same way to a destination. I never go into my house the same way, through the same door. I always get to a table first in a restaurant, and there is a particular chair I will pick, depending on the doors and windows. I am on constant look out of my surroundings and it has helped me on several occasions. And in Bars, I will always check for exits and bouncers. Bouncers are your friends in most cases and can help if all else fails.

These are the things a Step-Mom should pass along to a daughter... not the cooking and cleaning stuff, I'll leave that to her biological mom.

Her father even told her... it is a good thing that Kathi was not here or someone would be in the hospital.

I think I have convinced her that revenge is not the way... and her beautiful face will be ok in a few weeks.

And I have been corrected... she is only a test away from her black belt in tae kwon do ( as I understand this). Her BF is an Ultimate Fighter.
:cryin:

Anthony
02-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 20 2005, 05:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 20 2005, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dig420@Feb 20 2005, 04:54 PM
an MMA'er or a Black Belt in anything has to register as a lethal weapon with their state. if they assault another human being, it is automatically upgraded to assault with a deadly weapon possibly manslaughter or attempted manslaughter. however, a person is allowed to use all reasonable force to assure his/her safety.

Basically as it was explained to me, they can fight back, but once they are "safe" they have to back off and let the appropriate security or authorities handle it. [/b][/quote]
Sorry Grimm,

You are wrong.

You are saying that because I train in MMA, I must now go register myself?

Urban myth.

I don't get much oppurtunity to say you are wrong, so I'll savor this.

Rolo
02-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by iamkathi@Feb 20 2005, 05:46 PM
I think I have convinced her that revenge is not the way...
Revenge can be profitable... issue a $10.000 "dummy ticket" to the attackers for them being stupid, and hand over the collection of the ticket to locale bikers or gangs for a 50/50 split. Now either the attackers will get messed up, or you will get $5.000 :cool1:

Newton
02-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Kathi..

It is always sensible to pick the seat straight away, to grab the table you want in a position where you can see everything, ever vigilant is the key to watching for trouble and always have your back against the wall or a pillar.

To me personally, if you go out you protect those around you, especially women with whom you are going out with regardless of their fighting abilities. UFC Fighter or not you protect your loved ones with every ounce of energy you have, making sure they leave the scene if possible whilst you stay and block the door if need be. The bouncers are your friend and will help when things kick off normally, but sometimes the perp has to be floored and then walkaway.

Old school perhaps, I dunno ..

pushpills
02-20-2005, 10:58 PM
There's nothin' like revenge for getting back at someone.

Vengence is pretty good too.

grimm
02-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 20 2005, 05:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 20 2005, 05:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dig420@Feb 20 2005, 04:54 PM

Basically as it was explained to me, they can fight back, but once they are "safe" they have to back off and let the appropriate security or authorities handle it. [/b][/quote]
one caveat, i have never been certified in any martial arts.:)

and anyone ive ever had to deal with had it coming:)

Nickatilynx
02-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 20 2005, 08:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 20 2005, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 20 2005, 05:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dig420@Feb 20 2005, 04:54 PM

Basically as it was explained to me, they can fight back, but once they are "safe" they have to back off and let the appropriate security or authorities handle it.
one caveat, i have never been certified in any martial arts.:)

and anyone ive ever had to deal with had it coming:) [/b][/quote]
I think the " had it coming " clause should be a globally recognised law. :)

DrGuile
02-21-2005, 11:44 AM
uh.... I think you should up your standards on where you guys go out... Especially restaurants, if you have to sit your back to a wall....

Winetalk.com
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
make your daughter watch Kill Bill and afterwards she'll kill them all....if you can buy her tix to Japan to by Honzo Steel
;)

JR
02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
everyone who gets their ass beat has the typical story about why they were just sitting there minding their own business and had no idea what was going on and got hit for no reason. if she would have gotten lucky and popped the guy in the mouth before getting hit, she and her friends would be bragging for the next 30 years about that guy she hit in the bar that one night.

there are no innocent victems in bar fights. especially when you are in a group, you are a blackbelt in anything and with an alleged "ultimate fighter" and you then mix yourselves with alcohol and other drunk people. Sounds to me like a crowd that was looking for trouble and found it.

Vick
02-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Have to agree with JR
Nothing against you kathi and I'm not saying I don't believe you or you're being lied to but .....

Something is either being left out of the story or lost in the translation
2+2=22

Serge - Don't know if anyone could get Honzo steel ever again B)
But
"Do you want to fuck me?"
"Yes, Yes"
"It is I who have penetrated you"
Can still be effective

DrGuile has a point but occasionally I like dumps too

Looking like an evil person who has mental problems and no $ doesn't hurt either
(in reality I'm about as lethal as last week's lettuce)

In addition - Revenge is a dish best served cold

*KK*
02-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Feb 21 2005, 09:10 AM
In addition - Revenge is a dish best served cold
I prefer the term, I can wait to get my pound of flesh.

JoesHO
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Did I mention, I am a lover not a fighter ? :inlove: :inlove: