PDA

View Full Version : Am I strange?

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 11:05 AM
I can sit and listen to Sinatra or Harry Connick Jr. for hours.

I love NPR and especially programs like Prarie Home Companion.

I listen to alot of classical music. My favorites would have to be Stravinsky and Wagner.

Spaghetti westerns are some of my favorite movies. I have seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly probably 30 times. Fist full of dollars, For a few dollars more, Paint your wagon, Outlaw Josey Wales...you name it. Movies like Cool hand luke and The longest yard and Deliverance are up there aswell.

I would much rather go out to a fine restaurant than go to a bar or club.

I get pedicures and manicures.

I get upset at people driving fast through the streets of my neighborhood and I can't stand for my neighbors to make any noise.

I am only 30. :unsure:

Does this make me odd for my age? Am I an old fuddy duddy already?

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 11:06 AM
Does this make me odd for my age?
Pretty much

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 16 2005, 08:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 16 2005, 08:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 11:06 AM
Does this make me odd for my age?
Pretty much [/b][/quote]
And it's strange, growing up, I always associated myself with older people. When I was 15-16 I was hanging out more with my girlfriends parents than friends my own age. It's like I was born in a time warp or something. :(

Red
02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Except for the pedicures and manicures, you sound a lot like my fiance' and he's only 34.

Get into older women. They'll love you. :D

Mindoza
02-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 08:06 AM

I listen to alot of classical music. My favorites would have to be Stravinsky and Wagner.

Spaghetti westerns are some of my favorite movies. I have seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly probably 30 times. Fist full of dollars, For a few dollars more, Paint your wagon, Outlaw Josey Wales...you name it. Movies like Cool hand luke and The longest yard and Deliverance are up there aswell.

I get upset at people driving fast through the streets of my neighborhood and I can't stand for my neighbors to make any noise.

Strange- Not at all!!

Eclectic -Yes
Well Rouded -Yes

Enjoy what ever makes you happy. Congrat! you are not a sheep!!!

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 08:06 AM

do you wear wingtips and do the charleston?

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 16 2005, 08:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 16 2005, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 08:06 AM

do you wear wingtips and do the charleston? [/b][/quote]
No but I have fanatasized about it. :lol:

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:30 AM
i wouldn't say old, just old enough to refine and tune your tastes as your own.

I love the outlaw josey wales, GTB&TU, fist full of dollars, etc.

I like classical music, but couldn't name symphonies off the top of my head when hearing them.the more strings and brass mixed with guitar in rock music, the more I like it.

JoesHO
02-16-2005, 11:32 AM
do you tip the person giving you the pedicure?

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+Feb 16 2005, 08:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ Feb 16 2005, 08:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 16 2005, 08:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 08:06 AM

No but I have fanatasized about it. :lol: [/b][/quote]
i think we've had this conversation before;) your ideal is another era. Not a bad thing since this one seems to be more and more devoid of original culture.

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Feb 16 2005, 08:33 AM
Yep. Like $20 or so usually. They are these little vietnamese women and they do an outstanding job.

(Ok here is the real question, does me having a preference in who does my pedicures make me odd? lmao...I have had american women do them and all they do is fuck them up and make them hurt. The vietnamese girls do it and put you to sleep with them. The hot towel wrap is to die for also haha... Ok I just entered an entirely new realm of strange eh?)

My wife made me go get a pedicure one time because the callouses on my feet were so bad from years of construction and I have been hooked ever since. There is something about a woman on her knees in front of me that I find somewhat arousing anyway. :D

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 16 2005, 11:27 AM

:burn:

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:38 AM
can't help you there champ, never had a manicure/pedicure. but vietnamese is the way i would go! :okthumb:

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 08:36 AM
There is something about a woman on her knees in front of me that I find somewhat arousing anyway. :D
The rebound and the putback:)

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 11:40 AM
People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

People are strange when you're a stranger
Faces look ugly when you're alone
Women seem wicked when you're unwanted
Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange
When you're strange

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 11:46 AM
No prob, nick. Arabs make good grocers, Chinese make good mathematicians and Vietnamese make good manicurists.

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Sinatra rules and is normal. Harry Connick jr. is strange

That just makes you a big liberal!!

nothing wrong with classical music at all.

Spaghetti westerns are some of my favorite movies. I have seen The Good, The Bad and The Ugly probably 30 times. Fist full of dollars, For a few dollars more, Paint your wagon, Outlaw Josey Wales...you name it. Movies likeCool hand luke and The longest yard and Deliverance are up there aswell.

Those westerns are strange. Had you said movies like Tombstone and Unforgiven that would be normal. I especially think Clint Eastwood westerns other than Unforgiven are horrible. Longest Yard and deliverance aren't strange.

At 30 that's pretty normal for many people. If you were in your early-mid 20's I'd say it's not normal.

I'll leave this one alone though it seems quite obvious to me!! :P

That's a little fuddy duddyish at 30! Kinda scary to think what you'll be like when your an old fart!! :lol:

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 16 2005, 11:51 AM
Tombstone
Love that movie.

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 16 2005, 08:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 16 2005, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 16 2005, 11:51 AM
Tombstone
Love that movie. [/b][/quote]
im you're huckleberry

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 16 2005, 11:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 16 2005, 11:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 16 2005, 08:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 16 2005, 11:51 AM
Tombstone
Love that movie.
im you're huckleberry [/b][/quote]
You'll be a daisy if you do.

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Jonny Ringo.

I liked the Costner Film Wyatt Earp for its merits, but Tombstone was just fun to watch.

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 16 2005, 08:47 AM
No prob, nick. Arabs make good grocers, Chinese make good mathematicians and Vietnamese make good manicurists.
:ph34r: profiling is good :ph34r:

grimm
02-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 16 2005, 08:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 16 2005, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 16 2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 16 2005, 08:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 16 2005, 11:51 AM
Tombstone
Love that movie.
im you're huckleberry
You'll be a daisy if you do. [/b][/quote]
In pace requiescat

grimm
02-16-2005, 12:00 PM
i love Val Kilmer as doc in that movie.

im not sure how it goes, but after he kills johnny ringo, someone asks him where he is, and he says "down by the river, walkin' on water"

too cool

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Man I love the Eastwood westerns. Eli Wallach in GBU absolutely upstaged Clint Eastwood though.

Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id..." "id..." "ids..."
Man With No Name: [taking the note] "Idiots." It's for you.

Tuco: God is on our side because he hates the Yanks!
Blondie: God is not on our side because he hates idiots also.

Tuco: I like big fat men like you. When they fall they make more noise!

Blondie: The way I figure, there's really not too much future with a sawed-off runt like you."�

Classic...

Red
02-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+Feb 16 2005, 08:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ Feb 16 2005, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JoesHO1@Feb 16 2005, 08:33 AM
Yep. Like $20 or so usually. They are these little vietnamese women and they do an outstanding job.

(Ok here is the real question, does me having a preference in who does my pedicures make me odd? lmao...I have had american women do them and all they do is fuck them up and make them hurt. The vietnamese girls do it and put you to sleep with them. The hot towel wrap is to die for also haha... Ok I just entered an entirely new realm of strange eh?)

My wife made me go get a pedicure one time because the callouses on my feet were so bad from years of construction and I have been hooked ever since. There is something about a woman on her knees in front of me that I find somewhat arousing anyway. :D [/b][/quote]
Nick, you want to stick with the Vietnamese women for the manicures and pedicures.

I've been having them done for years and there is no comparison.

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 16 2005, 12:01 PM
Makes the movie :okthumb:

DrGuile
02-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Who the fuck wants to be normal?

I have seen normal.... Normal is all over my tv set, all over the mall, it fills the bars and coffee shops...

You can have normal, ill take different.

grimm
02-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 16 2005, 09:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 16 2005, 09:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 16 2005, 12:01 PM
Makes the movie :okthumb: [/b][/quote]
makes every movie hes in. johnny depp can try to imitate.

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 16 2005, 09:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 16 2005, 09:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 16 2005, 09:14 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 16 2005, 12:01 PM
makes every movie hes in. johnny depp can try to imitate. [/b][/quote]
What's the one where he is a college student and they make some laser?

grimm
02-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+Feb 16 2005, 09:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ Feb 16 2005, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 16 2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 16 2005, 09:14 AM
What's the one where he is a college student and they make some laser? [/b][/quote]
real genius

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah.. Kilmer is awesome in that role!!

JoesHO
02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
I Love vietnamese women

DaddysGirl
02-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Your arent strange, your different, different is interesting and very cool :D

JoesHO
02-16-2005, 07:04 PM
does it hurt to get a pedicure?

NickPapageorgio
02-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Feb 16 2005, 04:05 PM
does it hurt to get a pedicure?
Not if you get one done right. Like I said, the little vietnamese women have it down. They will put you to sleep. Massage your feet afterwards and the whole 9. American women on the other hand, to my experience, have always cut too deep into the cuticles and basically been really rough. I have a little place around the corner I get manicures and pedicures about once a month. Only costs me about $20 minus a tip and afterwards I feel like I got brand new feet. They don't just trim the nails and shit, they get all the dead skin and callouses off and hook it up. I highly recommend the hot towel afterwards if they have it. They put this menthol gel all over your feet and then wrap your feet in steaming hot towels. Fucking amazing when they pull em off.

(Also the chicks in the nail salon dig it when you go in with your wife to get a pedicure ;) ... They give you "the eye" lol)

JoesHO
02-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Not the eye....... I hear vietnamese have the best massage joints too though

Almighty Colin
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 16 2005, 12:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 16 2005, 12:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 16 2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 16 2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 16 2005, 09:14 AM
What's the one where he is a college student and they make some laser?
real genius [/b][/quote]
Damn, I loved that movie when I was younger.

grimm
02-17-2005, 02:52 AM
me too. he hasnt lost his touch.. very good in Spartan, but i am also a big David Mamet fan.

Newton
02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
There is nothing wrong with personal grooming, pedicures and manicures don't hurt, if they are done correctly.

The manicures are very noticable, even subconsciously, to those with whom you shake hands with or meet. They are an integral part of the grooming process, however they dont mean much if you neglect other aspects and it does make you feel positive.

Do the manicure yourself and you won't get them digging the cuticles and it develops nail growth within the nail bed.

It was amazing how other peoples blood could tarnish them and it is nice to be out of that avenue of entertainment.

Milfs love them too, I do like mifs :inlove:

DaddysGirl
02-17-2005, 11:03 AM
personally, I love rough calloused up hands on men...soft hands on a man is an immediate turn off...keeping the nails clean is important tho

NickPapageorgio
02-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DaddysGirl@Feb 17 2005, 08:04 AM
personally, I love rough calloused up hands on men...soft hands on a man is an immediate turn off...keeping the nails clean is important tho
Yeah but I did concrete construction for the best part of the last 15 years. My hands were like bricks. The chemicals in concrete does some crazy shit to your skin. The callouses on my heels before I got my first pedicure were so thick from wearing work boots in the rain, in the concrete, in the cold, in the heat, etc. for so many years that I could hold a lighter under them for 15-20 seconds and never feel it. That's no shit either lol.

But I have shaken hands with the guy you describe with the "soft hands". Creepy and usually sweaty lol.

Newton
02-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 17 2005, 08:22 AM
But I have shaken hands with the guy you describe with the "soft hands". Creepy and usually sweaty lol.
I despise weak and sweaty hand shakes from guys, it creeps me out

DaddysGirl
02-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+Feb 17 2005, 11:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ Feb 17 2005, 11:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DaddysGirl@Feb 17 2005, 08:04 AM
Yeah but I did concrete construction for the best part of the last 15 years. My hands were like bricks. The chemicals in concrete does some crazy shit to your skin. The callouses on my heels before I got my first pedicure were so thick from wearing work boots in the rain, in the concrete, in the cold, in the heat, etc. for so many years that I could hold a lighter under them for 15-20 seconds and never feel it. That's no shit either lol.

But I have shaken hands with the guy you describe with the "soft hands". Creepy and usually sweaty lol. [/b][/quote]
oooooh, construction? ver sexy. I bet your hands were awesome. Lots of character :inlove:

Vick
02-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DaddysGirl@Feb 17 2005, 11:04 AM
Can I take this to mean a ditch digger has a better opportunity for a date with you than a banker? :rolleyes: :)

Vick
02-17-2005, 03:30 PM
No NickPapageorgio you are not strange, at least not for what you enjoy/prefer

You have interesting/refined tastes and have the courage to enjoy them

NickPapageorgio
02-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DaddysGirl+Feb 17 2005, 12:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaddysGirl @ Feb 17 2005, 12:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 17 2005, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DaddysGirl@Feb 17 2005, 08:04 AM

oooooh, construction? ver sexy. I bet your hands were awesome. Lots of character :inlove: [/b][/quote]
Yeah very sexy and lots of character. :) The only downside is from years of exposure to concrete, now when they are exposed to extended periods of cold they crack and bleed. lol...I guess it's a fair trade.

DaddysGirl
02-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Feb 17 2005, 03:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Feb 17 2005, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DaddysGirl@Feb 17 2005, 11:04 AM
Can I take this to mean a ditch digger has a better opportunity for a date with you than a banker? :rolleyes: :) [/b][/quote]
well, it depends if the banker likes to build things, workout without gloves, or do something else that requires phyical labor... :P

Vick
02-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Physical labor??!! I can imagine preferable ways to stay in good shape

May you soon be blessed/cursed/have the pleasure to meet (another) someone who has arthritic hands, which in some cases preclude most endeavors that produce callouses

I occasionally receive compliments about my hands. They are on the soft side but never clammy or sweaty. Think of a performing artists hands

About the toughest things my hands do now is handle fire

:awinky:

But they did their share of labor in years gone by