PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watching the new Battlestar Galactica?

TheEnforcer
02-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Damn this is one hell of a great show!! I'm in Sci-Fi heaven on Fridays between the two Stargate shows, Star trek Enterprise and this awesome show!! Having the cylons appear human now as well is a sweet twist and the writing has been great. Ahhh.. the joys of having great Sci-Fi to watch!

SykkBoy
02-16-2005, 02:15 AM
nerd

;-))))

venturi
02-16-2005, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 15 2005, 08:36 PM
Damn this is one hell of a great show!! I'm in Sci-Fi heaven on Fridays between the two Stargate shows, Star trek Enterprise and this awesome show!! Having the cylons appear human now as well is a sweet twist and the writing has been great. Ahhh.. the joys of having great Sci-Fi to watch!
I must say, I am pleasantly pleased with how the first season is progressing. Getting Ed Almos to stay on as Adama was a big plus. The scripts are still a little clunky, but that's to be expected in season One of anything of this magnitude - they are still ironing out the kinks and building the characters, and the actors are still settling into their roles.

My only bitch so far, really, is that they are over emphasizing the "human form" Cylons. I love the new Cylon (metal) design and want to see more man-vs-cylon action - old school rules. (At least they don't have that incessantly irritating yapping robot dog this go around!)
Also, I think Apollo is a bit of a pussy - he needs to grow some facial hair or something. Starbuck has way more mojo going on and hey, she's a "GIRL!". LOL, plus she's fucking hot! She can smoke her stoggie and mine in bed anytime, brothah!

Cleo
02-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I really hated the original so when they announced the mini series I almost didn't watch it but I'm sure glad that I did.

I LOVE the new BG. IMO it is the best thing on TV right now. Not since Babylon5 have I enjoyed a show so much.

Meat
02-16-2005, 10:15 AM
the battelstar mini series that set the new show up is much better than the actual new series...

I was really looking forward to the show and watched it all but as the weeks went bye i got more dissapointed.

the ending was the most dissapointing

major letdown in the show is the relationship between the genius doctor and the cyborg chick, that just didnt seem to be going anywhere and i thought was just a fillin for the lack of strength in the rest of the show as the weeks progressed.

Babylon5 and the follow up Crusader are the two best sci fis around

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 16 2005, 02:16 AM
nerd

;-))))
yup, I'm a Sci-Fi nerd and even ahave a thread with that title!! :lol:

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by venturi+Feb 16 2005, 04:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (venturi @ Feb 16 2005, 04:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 15 2005, 08:36 PM
I must say, I am pleasantly pleased with how the first season is progressing. Getting Ed Almos to stay on as Adama was a big plus. The scripts are still a little clunky, but that's to be expected in season One of anything of this magnitude - they are still ironing out the kinks and building the characters, and the actors are still settling into their roles.

My only bitch so far, really, is that they are over emphasizing the "human form" Cylons. I love the new Cylon (metal) design and want to see more man-vs-cylon action - old school rules. (At least they don't have that incessantly irritating yapping robot dog this go around!)
Also, I think Apollo is a bit of a pussy - he needs to grow some facial hair or something. Starbuck has way more mojo going on and hey, she's a "GIRL!". LOL, plus she's fucking hot! She can smoke her stoggie and mine in bed anytime, brothah! [/b][/quote]
I agree some of the non-human cylon vs human interaction would be cool. Edward james Olmos is awesome in his character. And the babe in my avatar is SMOKING hot!!! :rokk:

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Cleo@Feb 16 2005, 09:59 AM
I really hated the original so when they announced the mini series I almost didn't watch it but I'm sure glad that I did.

I LOVE the new BG. IMO it is the best thing on TV right now. Not since Babylon5 have I enjoyed a show so much.
If you enjoyed B5 you should check out Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Meat@Feb 16 2005, 10:16 AM
the battelstar mini series that set the new show up is much better than the actual new series...

I was really looking forward to the show and watched it all but as the weeks went bye i got more dissapointed.

major letdown in the show is the relationship between the genius doctor and the cyborg chick, that just didnt seem to be going anywhere and i thought was just a fillin for the lack of strength in the rest of the show as the weeks progressed.

Are you in the US now or over the big pond? If you're in the US wait until the next episode and you just might change your mind about the interaction between the doctor and the sexy blonde cylon. If you're across the big pond and have already seen that episode then I guess that episode and their interaction didn't change your opinion.

Cleo
02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Feb 16 2005, 12:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Feb 16 2005, 12:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cleo@Feb 16 2005, 09:59 AM

If you enjoyed B5 you should check out Star Trek: Deep Space Nine [/b][/quote]
I never could get into DS9. The last Star Trek series that I enjoyed was the one with Picard (sp?).

The last Star Trek movie that I enjoyed was First Contact.

I do watch the new Star Trek. It's enjoyable but I'm not crazy about it.

What I love about the new BG is the writing. They are doing what Star Trek used to do. They are taking current world events and setting them in a SciFi world.

The Cylons are the present day terrorist religious fanatics who don't fear dying since they will be reincarnated and are on a mission from god. The best I can tell is they have wiped out all the humans on home world and are planning on doing the Adam and Eve thing with one human and one Cylon to bread a new race that joins both.

Meat
02-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Feb 16 2005, 09:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Feb 16 2005, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Meat@Feb 16 2005, 10:16 AM

Are you in the US now or over the big pond? If you're in the US wait until the next episode and you just might change your mind about the interaction between the doctor and the sexy blonde cylon. If you're across the big pond and have already seen that episode then I guess that episode and their interaction didn't change your opinion. [/b][/quote]
ive seen the whole first series, unless u guys are talking about a second series?

If its first series then the last 5 or 6 episodes are not good, its like the writers all got writers block at same time and couldnt figure out how to keep the show going.

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, the new US version http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/ that started in the UK and did the full 13 episode run in the UK before here in the US. We're coming up on the 7th episode here in the states. Sci-Fi has a different tv schdeule here in the states than does most cable and network shows. They'll start the second half of the season in mid-summer.

Dravyk
02-16-2005, 02:55 PM
I keep turning on Galactica and I keep getting bored. And very annoyed. I've started to walk away while it's still on, meaning I'm about to drop it from my viewing lineup.

It's clunky, it's shaky (literally, non-stop camera verite) I want to give the camera man a dramine. It's not just a war picture, it's a constant paranoid war picture.

There's so much paranoia that the show doesn't have the one ingredient necessary for any SF or any war show: hope. It's missing from the show completely. What makes a movie on the London Blitz, or being attacked by Imperial storm troopers is the heroic hope element.

I'm a giant fan of Ron Moore, the producer, who wrote the best ST:NG episodes and who helmed DS9, IMHO the best of the Trek shows. But this is just so disappointing, I'm hanging it up for now. I'll peek back in on Season 2 and see if it's found it's legs, and heart, by then.

TheEnforcer
02-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 16 2005, 02:56 PM
I keep turning on Galactica and I keep getting bored. And very annoyed. I've started to walk away while it's still on, meaning I'm about to drop it from my viewing lineup.

It's clunky, it's shaky (literally, non-stop camera verite) I want to give the camera man a dramine. It's not just a war picture, it's a constant paranoid war picture.

There's so much paranoia that the show doesn't have the one ingredient necessary for any SF or any war show: hope. It's missing from the show completely. What makes a movie on the London Blitz, or being attacked by Imperial storm troopers is the heroic hope element.

I'm a giant fan of Ron Moore, the producer, who wrote the best ST:NG episodes and who helmed DS9, IMHO the best of the Trek shows. But this is just so disappointing, I'm hanging it up for now. I'll peek back in on Season 2 and see if it's found it's legs, and heart, by then.
Don't give up man. It's starting to get really good. Watch this Fridays episode cause I really think you're gonna like it.