PDA

View Full Version : Is this an appropriate Valentine's Day gift?

Almighty Colin
02-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Purely hypothetical ..

Say you are married and have two children. Would it be appropriate to go out for a Family Valentine's Day dinner? You know, to show your whole family you love them? Or is it all about the two?

RyanLanane
02-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 14 2005, 04:06 AM
Purely hypothetical ..

Say you are married and have two children. Would it be appropriate to go out for a Family Valentine's Day dinner? You know, to show your whole family you love them? Or is it all about the two?

Colin, I have had a couple drinks so I am easily confused...

BUT

If you are asking if it is O.K. to go on a V-Day date with 2 kids that are your children (thought you only had one prior to the one pending?) and their mother on V-Day it is very wrong mate... Especially if she acts at ALL like she has hopes mate.

Now taking your two kids (again thought you only had one, but this is hypothetical) on a OUTING 'as long as they are o.k. with it' with your current girl you are excpecting that is a different situation.

I have my reasons for saying this, let's just say I have been "the kid" in a similar situation to both of the above :( Neither were pretty, but if one had been with honesty I could of handled it.

Lisa
02-14-2005, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't say it's inappropriate...but it would totally depend on the woman methinks.

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:29 AM
My sadness is gonna make me some money!! Valentines evening kids camp! They can eat candy and work with construction paper while you and the misses are out on the town and havin' a roll in the hay. Only 150 per child "because valentines day is priceless"

Almighty Colin
02-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 07:30 AM
Valetnines evening kids camp!
haha.

OldJeff
02-14-2005, 08:08 AM
I actually think it is not appropriate to bring kids out on Valentines Day - has nothing to do with a family or anything else.

Other people going out to eat on VD do not want to see your kids, or anyone else's for that matter.

On the flip side It is VERY important to kids that they feel special so make it a point to get them stuff as well

squirtingcarly
02-14-2005, 08:34 AM
Unless you have a selfish women I think it it very appropriate. Growing up My dad always did something with all of us and then had a little something extra for my mom.
My husband and I just give the kids valentine gifts.

Almighty Colin
02-14-2005, 09:40 AM
I like the idea of Valentine's Day gifts for the kids. I sent my daughter her favorite thing .. money.

Peaches
02-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by squirtingcarly@Feb 14 2005, 09:35 AM
Unless you have a selfish women I think it it very appropriate. Growing up My dad always did something with all of us and then had a little something extra for my mom.
I agree. My family's going out tonight and it will include a 2 year old and 6 month old.

DaddysGirl
02-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Valentine's Day is your swethearts day, so I would maybe do something early, like heart shaped cookies or something for the kids, but then take your significant other out...just the 2 of you... :inlove:

VooMan
02-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Hmmm... I am with Carly and Peaches on this one. I don't really see a problem.

Disclaimer: I haven't been on a date in so long I am not a reliable source. haha

grimm
02-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 14 2005, 04:06 AM
Purely hypothetical ..

it depends on whether the two ever get a night alone. If you don't, a night away from the family, just the two would be better, i would think. You can go out with the kids any night:)

grimm
02-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 14 2005, 06:41 AM
I like the idea of Valentine's Day gifts for the kids. I sent my daughter her favorite thing .. money.
dad?

OldJeff
02-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 14 2005, 10:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 14 2005, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-squirtingcarly@Feb 14 2005, 09:35 AM
I agree. My family's going out tonight and it will include a 2 year old and 6 month old. [/b][/quote]
IMHO

This shows a total lack of respect for everyone else in a restaurant.

Until children can sit quietly through a dinner and not disturb anyone else, the only place they should be taken is to Mc Donalds

Peaches
02-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by OldJeff+Feb 14 2005, 01:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldJeff @ Feb 14 2005, 01:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 10:07 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-squirtingcarly@Feb 14 2005, 09:35 AM
I agree. My family's going out tonight and it will include a 2 year old and 6 month old.
IMHO

Until children can sit quietly through a dinner and not disturb anyone else, the only place they should be taken is to Mc Donalds [/b][/quote]
Have you ever been to Buca's? It may not be like this everywhere, but the one we're going to ALWAYS has more kids than adults. It's like an upscale Chuckie Cheese, which is why we choose to go there with the little ones :awinky:

Almighty Colin
02-14-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by OldJeff+Feb 14 2005, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldJeff @ Feb 14 2005, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 10:07 AM
IMHO

Until children can sit quietly through a dinner and not disturb anyone else, the only place they should be taken is to Mc Donalds [/b][/quote]
.. Just cause you were a brat when you were 2! ;-) ;-)

OldJeff
02-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 14 2005, 12:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 14 2005, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by OldJeff@Feb 14 2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 10:07 AM
IMHO

Until children can sit quietly through a dinner and not disturb anyone else, the only place they should be taken is to Mc Donalds
Have you ever been to Buca's? It may not be like this everywhere, but the one we're going to ALWAYS has more kids than adults. It's like an upscale Chuckie Cheese, which is why we choose to go there with the little ones :awinky: [/b][/quote]
I stand corrected......

Have just been to too many places that kids do not belong with parents that either have no clue that their kid is out of control - or just do not care

And Colin, I still am a brat

gonzo
02-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Colin I can go one further....

Is it appropriate to take your ex out on Valentines weekend when the current mustard eater scheduled a trade show for the weekend?

Add in a pair of black pearl earrings that match the necklace that hes still pissed off about...

hahaha

Almighty Colin
02-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Feb 14 2005, 01:55 PM
You went so far that I can't hear you.

nlphoto
02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by OldJeff+Feb 14 2005, 11:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldJeff @ Feb 14 2005, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 12:45 PM

Have you ever been to Buca's? It may not be like this everywhere, but the one we're going to ALWAYS has more kids than adults. It's like an upscale Chuckie Cheese, which is why we choose to go there with the little ones :awinky:
I stand corrected......

Have just been to too many places that kids do not belong with parents that either have no clue that their kid is out of control - or just do not care

[/b][/quote]

would that include the entire city of Las Vegas ? :P

Peaches
02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 14 2005, 02:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 14 2005, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Feb 14 2005, 01:55 PM
You went so far that I can't hear you. [/b][/quote]
I got confused and I think I was there to witness it! :unsure:

Jesse_DD
02-14-2005, 02:31 PM
I had a sitter for the kid and we went to a nice restaurant. However, I suck and didn't do anything else as always and my wife got me some candy. I will learn one of these days.

TheEnforcer
02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Totally depends on the woman!! No right or wrong answer here as it would annoy some and others would love it.

sarettah
02-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Let me preface my comments with a disclaimer:

I hate Valentine's day, Jen hates Valentine's day. It is an invented holiday to feed the appetites of Hallmark, American Greetings, Russell Stovers and various other members of the military/industrial complex. It helps make the fatcats fatter at the expense of the proletariat.

Now that that is behind me:

It is always ok to take the family (have to agree with Jeff, appropriate restaurant selection of course). You can always work a whole plan around it with after dinner the kids being dropped off at home or with a baby sitter and then Mom going off to get her special valentine's day present (Jen's is usually a trip to the local strip club with me.... :yowsa: ) .

But what do I know, I haven't done a Valentine's day present since I got married...........

gonzo
02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 14 2005, 02:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 14 2005, 02:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 14 2005, 02:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gonzo@Feb 14 2005, 01:55 PM
I got confused and I think I was there to witness it! :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Dont worry I didnt leave early to get some booty.

Peaches
02-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Feb 14 2005, 04:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Feb 14 2005, 04:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 14 2005, 02:59 PM
Dont worry I didnt leave early to get some booty. [/b][/quote]
Hey, you paid enough for dinner and drinks to get booty!! <_<

gonzo
02-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 14 2005, 03:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 14 2005, 03:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Feb 14 2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 14 2005, 02:59 PM
Dont worry I didnt leave early to get some booty.
Hey, you paid enough for dinner and drinks to get booty!! <_< [/b][/quote]
Her girlfriend who is freshly divorced callled me last night.

Its all about the mustard!!

squirtingcarly
02-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by OldJeff+Feb 14 2005, 09:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldJeff @ Feb 14 2005, 09:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 14 2005, 10:07 AM
IMHO

I don't see how it is disrespecting EVERYONE else in the restaurant. Most people take their kids out to dinner EVERY DAY of the year. Valentines is just a commercialized day to waste your money.

kath
02-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Re: the kids in the restaurant thing... it really depends upon the kids - or more important, the parents. I've seen parents that just let their kids run wild - like my sister, who wisely doesn't take her almost 3 year-old out to restaurants anymore.

I was lucky - my son was great @ restaurants from birth. We took him everywhere with us and he was always the "perfect little man" at the table. Then came along his sister who was in the "terribles 2's" from the time she could speak all the way until she was nearly 5. lol We were spoiled with the first, but with the 2nd - no, we didn't go out to "nice" restaurants.

I agree - I cringe everytime I see kids running about, screaming and/or yelling and the parents doing nothing to correct/stop it or LEAVE. I wouldn't have been OK with ruining everyone else's dinner like that.

Re: taking the wife/kids out for Valentine's Day dinner - again I'd have to say it depends upon the wife... we've done this in the past and I've been very cool with it. In fact, we've taken the kids out for our anniversary dinner as well. We're very close so that's cool - it would have felt funny NOT to have had them with us. But we do things that are "just for mom and dad" - like movies, trips, shopping days and lunches. You've got to have that one-on-one time as well. It's important.

:rokk:

*KK*
02-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Valentine's Day is a Hallmark holiday, do what makes you happy lol

pushpills
02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I agree with kath and jeff. I know you are a family...and you deserve to go out to eat...but there is a whole resturaunt full of people who work hard for their living and are enjoying an american tradition, valentines day, with each other. Your little kids talking loudly or crying or whatever completely changes the mood of the resturant for everyone. There's a reason the lights are dim, there's a reason people are dressed up....there's a reason they didn't go to dennys. They want some nice atmosphere that they deserve on what is a very special day for alot of couples. I know you're a paying customer too...but show some respect for those out on a nice valentines date. If you really want to take the kids...go to a more kid friendly place. If there were any 4 year old brats talking loudly or crying at the Grand Lux last night, interrupting my extremely expensive romantic dinner, I'd have gotten up and thrown them out the window, and bludgened the parents with our champagne bottle.

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 03:16 PM
I agree with kath and jeff. I know you are a family...and you deserve to go out to eat...but there is a whole resturaunt full of people who work hard for their living and are enjoying an american tradition, valentines day, with each other. Your little kids talking loudly or crying or whatever completely changes the mood of the resturant for everyone. There's a reason the lights are dim, there's a reason people are dressed up....there's a reason they didn't go to dennys. They want some nice atmosphere that they deserve on what is a very special day for alot of couples. I know you're a paying customer too...but show some respect for those out on a nice valentines date. If you really want to take the kids...go to a more kid friendly place. If there were any 4 year old brats talking loudly or crying at the Grand Lux last night, interrupting my extremely expensive romantic dinner, I'd have gotten up and thrown them out the window, and bludgened the parents with our champagne bottle.
ahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Here is a tip.....

If someone is well off enough to take his wife and kids to a very expensive restaurant , be very careful over who you try to throw through a window.

With the best will in the world Steve , I'd wipe the fucking floor with you. And I would say there is not a single restaurant that I frequent that would blame me ;-))

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 14 2005, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 14 2005, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 03:16 PM
ahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Here is a tip.....

If someone is well off enough to take his wife and kids to a very expensive restaurant , be very careful over who you try to throw through a window.

With the best will in the world Steve , I'd wipe the fucking floor with you. And I would say there is not a single restaurant that I frequent that would blame me ;-)) [/b][/quote]
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahhaha

sorry Steve , I'm just still laughing

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Nick, the last thing unmarried folk want to be reminded on valentines day is the consequences of sex. :awinky:

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 04:13 PM
Nick, the last thing unmarried folk want to be reminded on valentines day is the consequences of sex. :awinky:
ahahahahahahayha

fair point.

However I would think it should be left to the proprietor to decide who is allowed in. :)

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 14 2005, 06:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 14 2005, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 04:13 PM
ahahahahahahayha

fair point.

However I would think it should be left to the proprietor to decide who is allowed in. :) [/b][/quote]
but they dont want to be a dick to their loyal customers....the customer should be the nice one and not take their kids there on that 1 of 365 days.

----
Your mother and I went out on our first valentines date, at a beautiful resturaunt in the city. The lights were low, the candles were flickering, the champagne was flowing. I raised my champagne glass and said softly "I love you my dear". And she replied...."Huh? Can you say that louder? I couldn't hear you over the roar of the 4 year old at the next table screaming for a hot dog".
-----

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+Feb 14 2005, 04:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ Feb 14 2005, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 14 2005, 06:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 04:13 PM
ahahahahahahayha

fair point.

However I would think it should be left to the proprietor to decide who is allowed in. :)
but they dont want to be a dick to their loyal customers....the customer should be the nice one and not take their kids there on that 1 of 365 days.

----
Your mother and I went out on our first valentines date, at a beautiful resturaunt in the city. The lights were low, the candles were flickering, the champagne was flowing. I raised my champagne glass and said softly "I love you my dear". And she replied...."Huh? Can you say that louder? I couldn't hear you over the roar of the 4 year old at the next table screaming for a hot dog".
----- [/b][/quote]
Sorry my children aren't louts.

They know how to behave in public.

Some of the other people I hang out with though thats a different matter... ;-)))

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 14 2005, 06:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 14 2005, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 14 2005, 06:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 14 2005, 04:13 PM
ahahahahahahayha

fair point.

----
-----
Sorry my children aren't louts.

They know how to behave in public.

Some of the other people I hang out with though thats a different matter... ;-))) [/b][/quote]
yea thats no problem. if they can behave keep their voices down...take em to a fancy resturaunt (even still i would say maybe not on valentines). if not, who says you cant go to a fancy dinner? If you can afford a few hundred on a meal, you can afford a baby sitter.

*KK*
02-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Oh God, this has taken a turn for the fucking funny. When I was taking another 'break' from college (and life in general at that point), I worked in one of the nicest restaurants in town. The kind of place that's open Monday to Saturday from 6 pm to 10 pm, doesn't do lunch and wouldn't even think about getting out of bed for breakfast.

The days the entire staff hated working were New Years Eve and Valentines Day. People that haven't spent 25 bucks on a piece of fish in their entire life, hell that didn't even know the difference between a grilled ahi and a pan seared grouper, come out to have dinner.

99% of those people don't order appetizers, they don't order dessert, they don't order a bottle of wine, and they don't tip.

I'd take my corporate regulars any minute and any day over the nonsense that we put up with then.

I'd probably help Nick toss someone out the window.

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 07:41 PM
If you can afford a few hundred on a meal,

Your idea of a "really good/expensive meal" and mine differs by a zero ;-)))

You ever had foie gras?

My kids adore it. ;-)))

yea thats no problem.

I'm relieved.Thanks so much. ;-))

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Feb 14 2005, 04:38 PM
Oh God, this has taken a turn for the fucking funny. When I was taking another 'break' from college (and life in general at that point), I worked in one of the nicest restaurants in town. The kind of place that's open Monday to Saturday from 6 pm to 10 pm, doesn't do lunch and wouldn't even think about getting out of bed for breakfast.

The days the entire staff hated working were New Years Eve and Valentines Day. People that haven't spent 25 bucks on a piece of fish in their entire life, hell that didn't even know the difference between a grilled ahi and a pan seared grouper, come out to have dinner.

99% of those people don't order appetizers, they don't order dessert, they don't order a bottle of wine, and they don't tip.

I'd take my corporate regulars any minute and any day over the nonsense that we put up with then.

EXACTLY!!!! ;-))

Forgive him he is young , KK ;-)))

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 14 2005, 06:42 PM
If you can afford a few hundred on a meal,

Your idea of a "really good/expensive meal" and mine differs by a zero ;-)))

You ever had foie gras?

My kids adore it. ;-)))

yea thats no problem.

I'm relieved.Thanks so much. ;-))
could you afford mcdonalds when you were 21? :P

most I ever spent on dinner for two was 500 with tip, last night.

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 14 2005, 06:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 14 2005, 06:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Feb 14 2005, 04:38 PM

EXACTLY!!!! ;-))

Forgive him he is young , KK ;-))) [/b][/quote]
I think she MEANT to say she'd be helping me toss the kids out of a window, and beat on the low tipping parents.

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 07:49 PM
We've done this before Steve...

I bought my first Ferarri at 21. :)

It was a 78/79 308GTS same as "Magnums" It was second hand :)

pushpills
02-14-2005, 07:52 PM
So we agree, my penis is bigger.

Have a good valentines day nick. :)

Anthony
02-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Steve,

Just a tip before making general statements. Some people don't get cowed by aggression.

I've watched Nick throw 20 year wannabes over tables for trying to be the man.

Hell last time at a clube in Vancouver, this guy took my seat at the bar and was disrepectful to my girlfriend, Nick pushed him out of the seat and I knocked his ass even further.

Guess who got kicked out the club escorted by 4 very big gentlemen? Not us, we were too busy ordering the Cristal. :)

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Feb 14 2005, 06:57 PM
Steve,

Just a tip before making general statements. Some people don't get cowed by aggression.

I've watched Nick throw 20 year wannabes over tables for trying to be the man.

Hell last time at a clube in Vancouver, this guy took my seat at the bar and was disrepectful to my girlfriend, Nick pushed him out of the seat and I knocked his ass even further.

Guess who got kicked out the club escorted by 4 very big gentlemen? Not us, we were too busy ordering the Cristal. :)
Allledgedly....

LOL

I plead the "had it coming clause". :)

Peaches
02-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Well, to put everyone's mind at ease....the place was flooded with kids and the table in the same room as ours was filled with 12 VERY, VERY loud women (single I'm presuming) that drowned out anything we could produce.

No crying from either child the whole night, we ordered appetizers, dinner, drinks, and dessert and the waiter got a $40 tip on a $180 tab.

It was funny because there was a couple next to us celebrating Valentine's Day and my brother's reaction was "Why would a couple come here for a Valentine's dinner if they didn't have kids?". :P

My son went to several upscale restaurants when he was growing up. 90% of the time was better behaved than many adults, but if there was even a hint of a problem, he was out the door. Period. In fact, I still make him sit in the car if he gets pissy while we're eating out :awinky:

OldJeff
02-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 15 2005, 09:10 AM
My son went to several upscale restaurants when he was growing up. 90% of the time was better behaved than many adults, but if there was even a hint of a problem, he was out the door. Period. In fact, I still make him sit in the car if he gets pissy while we're eating out :awinky:
That - and anyone who has met CT can attest - is because you are a PARENT.

The problem is not actually children, like so many things it is parents.

I still strongly support manditory abortions for people that can not demonstrate basic parenting skills.

Almighty Colin
02-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by OldJeff@Feb 15 2005, 09:37 AM
I still strongly support manditory abortions for people that can not demonstrate basic parenting skills.
Up to the age of 12.