PDA

View Full Version : So I made myself watch Kill Bill

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I tivo'd them. Actually pretty amusing. wish i had watched them sooner.

Anybody who hasnt seen it should.

Also, something to add to your netflix queue.. The House of Sand and Fog. I missed it when it was in theatres, caught it on satellite. What a fantastic movie.

Peaches
02-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I have the Kill Bills on my Netflix list. Are they on cable or PPV? If they're on cable I'll TiVo them.

Loved Sand and Fog too. Read the book, which was of course better, but read it long enough ago where I wasn't pissed off when it didn't match word for word. It actually was a good adaptation.

Almighty Colin
02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Grimm, you have satellite? (not Direct TV?) Can you get any college football game on a satellite? I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get Hurricanes games in Ohio. Flying back for every game seems like a pain.

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 13 2005, 05:14 PM
I have the Kill Bills on my Netflix list. Are they on cable or PPV? If they're on cable I'll TiVo them.

Loved Sand and Fog too. Read the book, which was of course better, but read it long enough ago where I wasn't pissed off when it didn't match word for word. It actually was a good adaptation.
Yeah i read the book long enough ago so that i wasnt comparing as well. Ben Kingsley is an amazing actor. there is no separation between the actor and the character. I love everything he has been in, from Ghandi, to Sneakers, to Sexy Beast (talk about a bad motherfucker.)

Yug
02-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 05:07 PM

Apparently Tarentino is putting together a nice special edition on DVD with the both of them together, with about an extra hour of footage that he had initially cut out.

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 13 2005, 05:19 PM
Grimm, you have satellite? (not Direct TV?) Can you get any college football game on a satellite? I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get Hurricanes games in Ohio. Flying back for every game seems like a pain.
yes i have directv in new orleans.. i get the gameplan package.. never miss a Buckeye game.. most hurricane games are on there as well, if not on national.

I think Time Warner in ohio also offers the complete package, and they have the cool on demand shit too. Cable where you are moving i think is in an advanced testing market, so you should get whatever the latest testing rollout is.

The only ones you are in danger of missing are the cupcake games. If you are in ohio, your regional game is going to be a big ten game, most likely Ohio State, on ABC;) so get used to the Buckeyes, if you didn't have enough of them a couple years back! haha.. or get the package and you should be able to pick up the miami game on espn gameplan

the schedule is usually released towards the start of the season at
http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index?null

there is also a cool online gameplan, where you can watch the games on your computer, and even go back and watch every regional broadcast espn recorded during the year online.. so if the game is not on, between the two you should be able to see every game.

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Yug+Feb 13 2005, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Yug @ Feb 13 2005, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 05:07 PM

Apparently Tarentino is putting together a nice special edition on DVD with the both of them together, with about an extra hour of footage that he had initially cut out. [/b][/quote]
part two was long.. it seemed really long. but was amusing enough so that i didnt mind.

I like how part one had Sonny Chiba in it. that was cool.. if you remember when Tarantino rewrote most of True Romance (my favorite movie of my generation), he added the whole Sonny Chiba double feature part for Clarence at the beginning.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108399/fullcredits

what a great fucking cast, and the ensemble worked so well. When Tarantino stays at the writers desk it is way better than when he is behind the camera.. he tends to geek it up a bit when he directs (but in a way so its not too annoying), and could ruin it when acting:)

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Colin.. you mean like BIG DISH satellite? if you have one of those, and it bounces off a satellite and you can pay for it, you can get it. but i dont know of many areas that havent zoned them out yet in the suburbs.

Almighty Colin
02-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Grimm, thanks. That's very good news. I had the NFL package the past two years but had no reason for the college. I'll definitely get both this year.

BTW, Sycamore and Indian Springs were the two areas that I really liked. The custom finished basements in those areas are really cool. Blue Ash had too many businesses.

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 13 2005, 05:34 PM
Grimm, thanks. That's very good news. I had the NFL package the past two years but had no reason for the college. I'll definitely get both this year.

BTW, Sycamore and Indian Springs were the two areas that I really liked. The custom finished basements in those areas are really cool. Blue Ash had too many businesses.
Sycamore and Indian Springs ( do you mean Indian Hill?) are nice areas. Affluent suburban. I have an older cousin that lives in Indian Hill.

Blue ash is extremely commercial. Its mostly office parks, hotels and brew pubs.

Winetalk.com
02-13-2005, 08:50 PM
I own both, including Sount track from both and quotes from both make 20% of my site
http://wineveritas.com

EXCELLENT movies,
top notch job!

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Winetalk.com@Feb 13 2005, 05:51 PM
I own both, including Sount track from both and quotes from both make 20% of my site

EXCELLENT movies,
top notch job!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(--- Albert Einstein )

"simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

Albert Einstein's restatement of Occam's Razor

did he say them both?:)

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Serge..

this is on your must read list then:)

http://www.kimsoft.com/polwar.htm

Winetalk.com
02-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 13 2005, 08:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 13 2005, 08:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Winetalk.com@Feb 13 2005, 05:51 PM

EXCELLENT movies,
top notch job!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(--- Albert Einstein )

"simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

Albert Einstein's restatement of Occam's Razor

did he say them both?:) [/b][/quote]
I dunno...
I just implement what he said:
http://winetalk.com/15.html

grimm
02-13-2005, 09:13 PM
yes i like your 15 point system. puts the reading of winetalk.com in a good perspective.

Winetalk.com
02-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 09:14 PM
yes i like your 15 point system. puts the reading of winetalk.com in a good perspective.
..and makes posting easier too
;)

SykkBoy
02-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Tarantino and I seem to have the same taste in Asian cinema...my movie nerd friends and I love playing "spot the reference" in his movies, especially the Kill Bill movies. I like how he writes parts for specific actors and actually manages to land those actors for their parts.

It was great seeing Chiaki Kuriyama on the big screen again (I loved her character in Battle Royale and even though her scenes were brief, felt she did a great job as GoGo Yaburi). She's also in the new Steven Seagal movie, Into The Sun, that's going strauight to DVD on Tuesday.

Too bad Sho Shibasaki was unable to open her schedule to play Yuka Yaburi, a character that ended up not getting into the movie when she couldn't play the role.

NickPapageorgio
02-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Serge, what's the quote Lucy Lui makes when she cuts the guys head off at the meeting?

Hell Puppy
02-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Feb 14 2005, 12:28 AM
Serge, what's the quote Lucy Lui makes when she cuts the guys head off at the meeting?
The entire rant is on the soundtrack....which rocks in a twisted sort of way....

"As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time. I didn't think so. "

Nickatilynx
02-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Feb 13 2005, 09:34 PM

"As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time. I didn't think so. "
I like that very very much for some reason......

;-)))))

NickPapageorgio
02-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Feb 13 2005, 09:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Feb 13 2005, 09:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Feb 14 2005, 12:28 AM
The entire rant is on the soundtrack....which rocks in a twisted sort of way....

"As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your fucking head. Just like this fucker here. Now, if any of you sons of bitches got anything else to say, now's the fucking time. I didn't think so. " [/b][/quote]
Goddamn that's classic...

RyanLanane
02-14-2005, 02:17 AM
The first one definately seemed much more on par to what I expected. The 'blood spurts' made me jump up off the couch going "Fuck Yeah" the first few times I saw it :D

The second one was good, but not as good as the first I didn't think.. Than again, some movies just grow on you - I didn't like Scary Movie that much the first time I saw it

Almighty Colin
02-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 08:38 PM
Sycamore and Indian Springs ( do you mean Indian Hill?) are nice areas. Affluent suburban. I have an older cousin that lives in Indian Hill.

Indian Springs is near Sharonville. Similar to Sycamore. I drove through Indian Hills too. Beautiful.

grimm
02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 14 2005, 01:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 14 2005, 01:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 08:38 PM

Indian Springs is near Sharonville. Similar to Sycamore. I drove through Indian Hills too. Beautiful. [/b][/quote]
Sharonville is not far from where i grew up. 5 or 6 miles depending on what part.