PDA

View Full Version : bowling

jimmyf
02-13-2005, 03:37 PM
http://www.transload.net/~terrisfunnypages...s/letsbowl.html (http://www.transload.net/~terrisfunnypages/movies/letsbowl.html)

Almighty Colin
02-13-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't like bowling for some reason.

SykkBoy
02-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 13 2005, 03:46 PM
I love bowling
one of the few sports you can grab a slice of pizza, eat a hotdog and drink a beer all while participating in...

Peaches
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I like to bowl but I'm really, really bad at it.

Maybe I like to eat bad hotdogs and drink wine and chat with my friends and there happens to be a bowling alley around the party :P

Yug
02-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Theres a bowling alley about 10 minutes from where i work, with an actual pub section built in. They have live bands, pool tables, etc etc ... and of course you can take your drinks out while you bowl. That is an unusual thing to do at most bowling alleys down under. Personally, I think whoever decided to combine bowling and drinking deserves some sort of medal.
:rokk:

SykkBoy
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Yug@Feb 13 2005, 07:11 PM
Theres a bowling alley about 10 minutes from where i work, with an actual pub section built in. They have live bands, pool tables, etc etc ... and of course you can take your drinks out while you bowl. That is an unusual thing to do at most bowling alleys down under. Personally, I think whoever decided to combine bowling and drinking deserves some sort of medal.
damn right, what other sport has the beer frame (5th frame or when everyone on the team strikes in a frame, the guy who doesn't buys a round)), the free drink lanes (last set of lanes on the end get a free round of drinks) and the free drink frame (bowling a 111 in the 7th frame)?

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 13 2005, 12:46 PM
more of a rush than the mailbox.

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Sykk... i love bowling in vegas. nothing like taking a break from the fucking strip to find a good bowling ally or pool hall, complete change of pace. I also love the movie theatre across from the Monte Carlo. When i used to stay there just going into that place and watching back to back movies was a decompression chamber:)

grimm
02-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Yug@Feb 13 2005, 04:11 PM
ITs probably the same person who combined a bar and a movie theatre. There used to be one here in new orleans. There was one in Columbus, Ohio when i was in school. sure the movies were older, but who cared!

Now down here at every movie theatre they have daquiri stands.. you can get a 44 ounce Jack and coke slushy and go watch a flick.

Yug
02-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 13 2005, 05:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 13 2005, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Yug@Feb 13 2005, 04:11 PM
ITs probably the same person who combined a bar and a movie theatre. There used to be one here in new orleans. There was one in Columbus, Ohio when i was in school. sure the movies were older, but who cared!

Now down here at every movie theatre they have daquiri stands.. you can get a 44 ounce Jack and coke slushy and go watch a flick. [/b][/quote]
Think of any normal event or place .... add alcahol

Just wait until they serve wine for the parents at daycare centers as they wait to pick up their children.

BillPMB
02-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I love bowling with my son! Lot's of fun. Did it today. 187 - 183 - 116 (I blame beer!)

:)

SykkBoy
02-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 08:16 PM
Sykk... i love bowling in vegas. nothing like taking a break from the fucking strip to find a good bowling ally or pool hall, complete change of pace. I also love the movie theatre across from the Monte Carlo. When i used to stay there just going into that place and watching back to back movies was a decompression chamber:)
yeah, too bad the Showboat/Castaways closed....
I used to love bowling at 3am pissed out of my mind with my buddy (this was before we had kids ;-)) then when we got sick of bowling, we'd catch the 5am bingo session with the old farts (mainly for the free breakfast buffet coupon that came with that and the 7am session).

I'm bowling at Terrible Town this year and it's a nice throwback to the older bowling alleys (antiquated equipment, shitty lanes, etc.) but it's more of a challenge and a little more fun (I'm barely managing mid-180's at this house after I booked 195 last year).

SykkBoy
02-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by BillPMB@Feb 13 2005, 08:29 PM
I love bowling with my son! Lot's of fun. Did it today. 187 - 183 - 116 (I blame beer!)

:)
that was my problem last week...
we were on free drink lanes...this league is a 2-man, 4-game league, so a bit more challenging...the drinks were coming fast and furious...259-135-145-157
it was a sad night overall...