PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Florida Dream Home

Sharpie
02-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Guess I forgot to tell anyone..... I am selling my Florida dream house
http://www.faysplace.com .... shows the before & after pics.

so I am having an open house today.

I moved in it Dec 2002 - for $180,000 - it will sell in the $335 range. I dearly love the architecture of the house. It is one of a kind - built by an architect for himself, with many unique features & floorplan.

But, I am buying another house with a pool, fireplace & bigger canal system. I still like this house better, but I like the other canal system. I am looking at it as an investment. I bought it right & will make another profit down the raod.

Maybe someday, I can work up to a house on the Gulf:-)

RyanLanane
02-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Very nice ROI !!

VooMan
02-13-2005, 12:29 PM
That's an excellent ROI Fay. :)

Unfortunately, the south side of Atlanta isn't growing like that... [grumble]

cj
02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Fay, good luck with the sale!! it must be hard for you to let go of this place as I remember how happy you were to find it when you did.

But if you keep going at this rate retirement should be a breeze ;-)

Sharpie
02-14-2005, 10:17 AM
There is certainly nothing wrong with the place I am buying. (I am just a sucker for anything that is different & unique) The new house has features that I really don't care about myself, but are so popular with the buying market. I can't swim, so I really don't care about the upkeep of a pool. (I like a juccazzi like I have now) but people coming down from the North - think they want a pool. I cetainly don't care about a fireplace, (especially wood burning - so messy) but Floridians are crazy about them, because they don't see many of them here. But, the master bath is a knockout and very impressive. The canal system is extremely popular, and that is what I was looking for. The new house canal goes for miles, including 5 lakes. Mine was more limited.

But, I got it bought right. It is as big as the house I have now - but just not as unique & unusual. The kitchen is huge & with the sunken family room with fireplace at the end of it. When I get done redecorating it, it will be light and airy like a Florida home is supposed to be.:-) and give me something to keep me busy. (Semi - retirement can get a little tedious with no projects to work on.) Guess I will have to start a new page on Faysplace.com with before and after pics...ahahahaha

JoesHO
02-14-2005, 10:25 AM
The canals of cape coral are awesome .... :D

Sharpie
02-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Ok - put some pics up of the new house.
http://www.faysplace.com

The dock is the first project.....

LeeNoga
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
The housing market is booming in FLA, because of the hurricanes, new homes are being real slow to build..so the resale market has driven the prices of homes up. They said in 2 years, the prices will fall back in line.

So selling a home right now in FLA is what alot of folks are doing because they are making a killing....

Mom, I understand the canal needs, and congrats and enjoy! Gawd, I hope you pop alot of color in your new place!

Fix that dock, and go get you some fish.

Are you salt or freshwater?

Sharpie
02-14-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeh, the place was lived in by a guy - just putting my furniture & pictures in will make a big difference. The dock is pretty bad, but I should have it looking like my dock here without anymore than pressure washing, paint and some plants. Of course, I have all my statues to add also. The place is decorated very midwestern..... it doesn't need painting, but the color of white has a real grey cast to it and doesn't do anything to brighten it up. With those ceiling, painting will be a real chore.

No, I am on freshwater... not sure I want salt - too much maintaince for the boat.

The housing boom here in Cape Coral is going to go on for awhile. There is new construction everywhere, and they still can't keep up with the demand. Actually there is more new construction than exhisting housing for sale. You get a whole lot more room in the exhisting housing than the new stuff. It is the lot prices (that are on water) that is driving a lot of it up. Places with city water & sewer are in high demand, but it is hard to find a good neighborhood where all the homes are taken care of. Very little of the new construction has city utilities.

JFK
02-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Ver Nice Fay , BTW did you pose for the mermaid statue?

http://www.faysplace.com/capecoral2/cape2_028r.jpeg

Sharpie
02-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Yep - that is me in my blond wig....ahahahaha