PDA

View Full Version : Agoraphobia / Reclusivity

Nickatilynx
02-12-2005, 01:33 PM
With all the talk of depression in the other thread...

I did some calculations.

I have been out of the house a total of 9 hours in the last 30 days.

I have been online and active ( even eating dinner or watching a movie with laptop open and answering Icq messages) at least 18 hrs a day (I don't sleep much)

Thats not healthy...

Am I the only one like this?

Almighty Colin
02-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 01:34 PM
I get a rush out of walking to the mailbox.

SykkBoy
02-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I generally only get outside to check the mail daily and my Wednesday night bowling league...

with try to go out and eat once a week or so but that often just means a quick trip through the drive-thru and back here to eat.

People will often ask me "how's the weather in Vegas" and I have to reply "I have no fucking clue"

Peaches
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Damn, I thought I was bad!

I can go a few days w/o leaving the house (well, I almost always LEAVE the house, but I might not leave my property) but I'm usually gone at least 10 hours a week. Hell, having a mailbox 1+ miles away helps at least get me out for a few minutes :P

grimm
02-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 10:34 AM

I did some calculations.

I have been online and active ( even eating dinner or watching a movie with laptop open and answering Icq messages) at least 18 hrs a day (I don't sleep much)

Thats not healthy...

nah i spend far more time indoors than outdoors. sometimes i have to force myself to excercise OUTSIDE just to take advantage of the weather before the summer gets going around here. Most days during the summer in new orleans, physical activity outside is oppressive with the heat and humidity.

before i fucked up my knee a month and a half ago, i made it a point to do something somewhere else at least once a day, justy for sanity:) Now that i got cleared to drive again im out at least once a day for physical therapy. so i try to stack things around that to get stuff done on a semi-regular schedule.

There just isnt a whole lot to do thats fun around here, have to make my own fun:)

grimm
02-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 12 2005, 11:11 AM

I can go a few days w/o leaving the house (well, I almost always LEAVE the house, but I might not leave my property) but I'm usually gone at least 10 hours a week. Hell, having a mailbox 1+ miles away helps at least get me out for a few minutes :P
damn peaches, your mailbox is a mile away?:)

grimm
02-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 12 2005, 11:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 12 2005, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 01:34 PM
I get a rush out of walking to the mailbox. [/b][/quote]
whats that big bright thing hot thing out there, again?

:ph34r:

Almighty Colin
02-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 12 2005, 02:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 12 2005, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 12 2005, 11:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 01:34 PM

:ph34r: [/b][/quote]
I know. I was out shopping today and a girl asked if I was from England. I'm assuming I need to hit the tanning bed.

Peaches
02-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 12 2005, 03:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 12 2005, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Feb 12 2005, 11:11 AM

damn peaches, your mailbox is a mile away?:) [/b][/quote]
Yep, it's right next to the trash bin and where I get my newspaper and FedEx deliveries :P

gigi
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 10:34 AM

I did some calculations.

Thats not healthy...

Nope....those numbers are about right for me, too....except my online time is about 10-12 hours a day due to tending the kids/house etc. But, that still doesn't mean I get 'out'.

My husband pushes me to get out and will drag me around with him to do errands....he's my saving grace. :)

I've made a deal with one of my friends that we go out faithfully once a month. A movie, dinner, bingo, bowling...hell, I don't give a shit....just OUT.

We really do have to find a balance between work and 'real' life...it's essential if we are to enjoy all the money we're making! :P

Trading in your health and sanity for money isn't worth it.....

TheEnforcer
02-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Nope, not at all. I go in what I affectionately call "hermit mode" fairly often where I'll go stretches like that. One of the reasons people don't understand how I can work at home since I live by myself now. Between work, the net, tv, and books I can keep myself plenty happy and occupied.

Nickatilynx
02-12-2005, 02:44 PM
""""Trading in your health and sanity for money isn't worth it.....""""

If only someone told me that when I was 12. LOL

too late now...

;-)))

grimm
02-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 11:45 AM

too late now...

;-)))
yeah but then you'd be poor and happy go lucky, and that would just be boring!;)

gigi
02-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 12 2005, 11:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 12 2005, 11:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 11:45 AM

too late now...

;-)))
yeah but then you'd be poor and happy go lucky, and that would just be boring!;) [/b][/quote]
Balance.

No problem with making money! Hell, we've all gotta do it! But there's no point to it if you can't enjoy the money you have by being with family and friends.

I mean, the whole idea behind making lots of money is FREEDOM to do what you want to do. Money is a means to an end.....not the end itself.

SykkBoy
02-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I also get out of the house for PTO meetings...this is why I sometimes get cunty
dealing with these pain in the ass mothers who have nothing to do but sit around and gossip...it just gets on my nerves...I have message boards I can visit for that and it's more exciting ;-)

pushpills
02-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I go my hermit stretches for a week here and there, but I live in the city and love to go out and enjoy it. I'll go downtown at noon and just walk around with everyone. Go tot he park and lie down and look at the trees (in january). Go to the beach.

When I am in hermit mode, its kinda sick. Noramally im very clean, but my coffee table gets stacked with dishes and beer bottles, I have an extra shade over my blinds to keep it black 24 hours, and I sleep during most of the day. I'll get ribs delivered at 4 am, breakfast food delivered at 4pm. But I get alot of work done. And then someone will call and be like "hey im down the street" and ill be like "hey....you cant come over right now..."

Usually lasts 5 days or so when I have alot of work I want to do, but then i'll wanna see my girlfriend and will clean up and take her out.

Raven
02-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I've always been a homebody..does that make me an agoraphobic wannabe?

I do get out of the house weekly....mostly for errands...but, you'll be proud. Last night, we went out for dinner and saw the movie, Hitch...which, by the way, if you can drag yourselves out, see it.

grimm
02-12-2005, 03:26 PM
going to see it tonight. glad it doesnt suck:)

grimm
02-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 12 2005, 11:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 12 2005, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 12 2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Feb 12 2005, 11:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 01:34 PM

:ph34r:
I know. I was out shopping today and a girl asked if I was from England. I'm assuming I need to hit the tanning bed. [/b][/quote]
i think my skin forgot how to tan.

Anthony
02-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I just got back in the house, I left at 10am to go to the gym, spent 3 hours at the Boca Towne Center (took a long ass time to find shirts that fit, and bought some new Gucci Shoes, wanted Prada but they didn't have my size, Thanks Nick for turning me onto them), got my hair cut, and finally got the car detailed.

I have no problems getting out.

When I first started in the biz, I liked just being infront of the puter, nowadays, I need to get out. I am still connected by Aol IM though 24/7.

grimm
02-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 12 2005, 11:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 12 2005, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 12 2005, 03:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Feb 12 2005, 11:11 AM

damn peaches, your mailbox is a mile away?:)
Yep, it's right next to the trash bin and where I get my newspaper and FedEx deliveries :P [/b][/quote]
kinda takes the point out of fedex if you gotta drive a mile to get it:)

Almighty Colin
02-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 12 2005, 05:28 PM
kinda takes the point out of fedex if you gotta drive a mile to get it:)
:groucho:

kath
02-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty bad too... if my kids didn't have to visit the orthodontist, and I could get hubby to do the grocery shopping/errands, and baseball/softball season wasn't starting.... I might not ever leave the house.

However... my son will be 16 in April.... maybe HE could do the errands, appointments and drive to ball practices/games? :yowsa:

Seriously... with Netflix, online bill pay, most of my friends/family being online, having a house that I love with everything I enjoy already in it (family, pool, computer, piano, air conditioning - this is the desert, I love my A/C!)... there's really no reason to go anywhere. Our grocery stores all have delivery as well so I could get really bad and just eliminate trips all together.... now if I could just get Starbucks to start delivery I'd be set!

We are a sick bunch, aren't we? But I have a feeling we aren't the only ones...

nlphoto
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Want to encourage reclusivity ? Try working with the public at a Kinkos... :P

Bestat
02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
I am not near as bad as I used to be. I run errands, do the shopping, go to the gym 3 times a week, and a movie at least twice a month. And even when I am home, I don't spend the whole day working now, spend more time with my animal companions and working on house projects. I would say I average 10 to 12 hours a day working, six days a week.

Don't sleep much, seems likes such a waste of time...LOL You can always sleep once your dead! :)

grimm
02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
if i could get starbucks delivery, that would rock.

hell id settle for grocery delivery and 24 hour sushi delivery.

i hate going grocery shopping.

Mike AI
02-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Agoraphobia is a MAJOR issue with people in this and other online businesses. Not only does it attract people who never want to leave house, but can cause future problems.

I am always out of the house.... I need to get out, or I go nuts....

Almighty Colin
02-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 12 2005, 07:23 PM
Agoraphobia is a MAJOR issue with people in this and other online businesses. Not only does it attract people who never want to leave house, but can cause future problems.

I don't have agoraphobia. I just like computers more than people.

cj
02-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 12 2005, 02:45 PM

too late now...

;-)))
i'm sure someone did tell you at some point!! but you probably thought they were old and boring and not worth listening too :biglaugh:

i think i have the opposite of agoraphobia ... at my old house some days I felt so trapped at my computer that I would go and stand outside and turn up icq volume so i wouldn't miss anything LOL

I used to work on average 15 hours per day, often staying up for days, not sleeping, or sleeping the day away and working all night etc - i got lots of a certain type of work done (ie, made a shitload of content) but until I started working less and taking care of myself, i forgot why I was doing it.

I think life has phases, and I'm so over my 'work from home in every spare minute' phase, and into my 'appreciate the world while i still can' phase. My first week working out of an office was awesome - now I know why the rest of the world does it LOL When you leave for the day, the computer stays behind :agrin:

On that note, i'm off to the beach ;-)

JoesHO
02-12-2005, 08:02 PM
I go out all the time, I spend some days in front of the computer, but most of the time i take at least a few hrs out of the day to live life.

SykkBoy
02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 12 2005, 06:22 PM

with 4 kids, we often have our groceires ordered/delivered via albertsons.com :)

if starbucks develivered, I'd be in real trouble...although I buy their coffee beans now and grind my own :)

Almighty Colin
02-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Feb 12 2005, 08:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Feb 12 2005, 08:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 12 2005, 06:22 PM

with 4 kids, we often have our groceires ordered/delivered via albertsons.com :)

if starbucks develivered, I'd be in real trouble...although I buy their coffee beans now and grind my own :) [/b][/quote]
Damnit. "Albertsons.com does not offer online grocery shopping in your area at this time" :-(

They only deliver west of the mississippi (ok, you can rush the qb now).

MaDalton
02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
thank god there are shootings that make me leave from time to time. and i usually get my breakfast stuff every day by myself. i'm at my computer 16 hours a day though.

SykkBoy
02-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 12 2005, 08:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 12 2005, 08:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 12 2005, 08:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 12 2005, 06:22 PM

if starbucks develivered, I'd be in real trouble...although I buy their coffee beans now and grind my own :)
Damnit. "Albertsons.com does not offer online grocery shopping in your area at this time" :-(

They only deliver west of the mississippi (ok, you can rush the qb now). [/b][/quote]
that sucks
we love their service, never messed up an order yet, the drivers are always on time and it's well worth the $10 delivery charge to not have to fight with 3 kids in the cereal aisle, finding parking, etc. It also cuts down on impluse buys.

grimm
02-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 12 2005, 05:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 12 2005, 05:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 12 2005, 08:04 PM

They only deliver west of the mississippi (ok, you can rush the qb now). [/b][/quote]
they shut down the albertsons here. that place was the only place i liked to grocery shop. the checkout people all could read:)

grimm
02-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by MaDalton@Feb 12 2005, 05:11 PM
thank god there are shootings that make me leave from time to time. and i usually get my breakfast stuff every day by myself. i'm at my computer 16 hours a day though.
if you read this out of context it sounds like you live in a really shitty neighborhood:)

MOVE:)

grimm
02-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 12 2005, 04:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 12 2005, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Feb 12 2005, 07:23 PM

I don't have agoraphobia. I just like computers more than people. [/b][/quote]
computers mean never having to say you're sorry.

grimm
02-12-2005, 08:33 PM
there should be a noted that Agoraphobia is a Medical Condition to be diagnosed by a Medical Professional. It generally involves an imbalance of sorts, and is a clinical condition that requires treatment.

Everyone, especially those who are involved in online business... has the tendency to let the world go on without us. and the nesting syndrome we get is common because it is comfortable. If you are unable to force yourself out of the house, and it is causing troubles with your work/home/social life, or causing depression or other unnatural feelings to you. you should talk it out with a friend or a health professional, and possibly seek a clinical opinion.

:)

grimm
02-12-2005, 08:35 PM
that being said because i went to agoraphobia.com and got this

http://www.agoraphobia.com/

uhhh.. wrong answer:)

MaDalton
02-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 12 2005, 05:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 12 2005, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MaDalton@Feb 12 2005, 05:11 PM
if you read this out of context it sounds like you live in a really shitty neighborhood:)

MOVE:) [/b][/quote]
lol - you're right. hope you guys read my sig before you think i live in the bronx. :yowsa:

JerryW
02-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by MaDalton+Feb 13 2005, 01:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MaDalton @ Feb 13 2005, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Feb 12 2005, 05:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MaDalton@Feb 12 2005, 05:11 PM

MOVE:)
lol - you're right. hope you guys read my sig before you think i live in the bronx. :yowsa: [/b][/quote]
I wanna live in a neighborhood like Stefans :yowsa: Those are my kind of shootings :rokk:

Another hermit here, but I live a block from the ocean so I try and go for a walk every couple of days to get out. The weathers warmed up here a little, so it's nice out now.

RyanLanane
02-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Feb 12 2005, 05:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Feb 12 2005, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 12 2005, 06:22 PM

if starbucks develivered, I'd be in real trouble...although I buy their coffee beans now and grind my own :) [/b][/quote]
Starbucks? You are missing out!! Figure you would pay $3.50 a cup if you bought it at a store front rather than the grocery store... So SPLURGE a little and buy yourself some "Jamaican Blue Mountain" - the BEST god damn coffee in the world that lays ANY starbucks brand on it's ass.... Unfortunately it is $50 a pound and you won't even find it at Starbucks as they would have to charge $12.00 a cup for it, LOL ...

However, it is an incredibly smooth coffee that is mind blowing :) I just got some for an early V-Day present, hadn't had it for over a year... Getting ready to fire up a POT :D WoooHooo

I remember when I went to Jamaica back in 99 and the vendors were selling the beans at $8.00 a bag - I had no idea what the hell the stuff was, if I had... I would still have POUNDS of the stuff, LOL...

Nickatilynx
02-13-2005, 12:01 PM
There is a shop here in Vancouver that sells the coffee beans that has errr passed through an animal already...

I haven't tried it....yet. Gotta , next time I'm downtown. :)

Bestat
02-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Jamaican Blue Mountain!! Oh I must agree with Ryan! I LOVE that coffee! Damnit, now I have to go by some!

:)

RyanLanane
02-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Looks like I started something :D

My pot is 1 minute from being brewed...

Gotta go, suckers!!! LOL

One of those times where you really love the woman ;) Not to mention she gets me into the skybox today with free beer, food, and great seats to a hockey game this afternoon. HER mom took Nicholette alll weekend, can't beat a weekend like this !!

Almighty Colin
02-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane+Feb 13 2005, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RyanLanane @ Feb 13 2005, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 12 2005, 05:04 PM

Starbucks? You are missing out!! Figure you would pay $3.50 a cup if you bought it at a store front rather than the grocery store... So SPLURGE a little and buy yourself some "Jamaican Blue Mountain" - the BEST god damn coffee in the world that lays ANY starbucks brand on it's ass.... Unfortunately it is $50 a pound and you won't even find it at Starbucks as they would have to charge $12.00 a cup for it, LOL ...

However, it is an incredibly smooth coffee that is mind blowing :) I just got some for an early V-Day present, hadn't had it for over a year... Getting ready to fire up a POT :D WoooHooo

I remember when I went to Jamaica back in 99 and the vendors were selling the beans at $8.00 a bag - I had no idea what the hell the stuff was, if I had... I would still have POUNDS of the stuff, LOL... [/b][/quote]
I ordered a case of Jamaica Blue Mountain last year and gave them as gifts.

Looking forward to some good Jamaican coffee next week.

I try and stay away from Starbucks. Too many tasty calorie-filled drinks.

Nickatilynx
02-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Feb 13 2005, 09:10 AM

Gotta go, suckers!!! LOL

One of those times where you really love the woman ;) Not to mention she gets me into the skybox today with free beer, food, and great seats to a hockey game this afternoon. HER mom took Nicholette alll weekend, can't beat a weekend like this !!
My wife is currently brewing Columbian.

I have switched from being a junky of one Columbian export , to another ;-))

Then it is my avowed intent to make ham sausage (two types) eggs pancakes etc for the family once I drag myself out of bed and off this laptop. :)

Nawwww I'll just take the laptop to the kitchen. :)

grimm
02-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Feb 13 2005, 09:10 AM

Gotta go, suckers!!! LOL

NHL skybox? bet she got a good deal;) LOL

grimm
02-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 13 2005, 09:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 13 2005, 09:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by RyanLanane@Feb 13 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Feb 12 2005, 05:04 PM

I remember when I went to Jamaica back in 99 and the vendors were selling the beans at $8.00 a bag - I had no idea what the hell the stuff was, if I had... I would still have POUNDS of the stuff, LOL...
I ordered a case of Jamaica Blue Mountain last year and gave them as gifts.

Looking forward to some good Jamaican coffee next week.

I try and stay away from Starbucks. Too many tasty calorie-filled drinks. [/b][/quote]
heh there is good coffee down here in new orleans. I really cant tell the difference. I drink soy lattes. sounds odd, but i just dont like milk that much, the soy stuff tastes better to me.

I have never liked milk. refused to drink it as a child, havent bought a jug of milk in years. so i dont like it in my coffee, so there;)

Almighty Colin
02-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 12:33 PM
heh there is good coffee down here in new orleans. I really cant tell the difference. I drink soy lattes. sounds odd, but i just dont like milk that much, the soy stuff tastes better to me.

I have never liked milk. refused to drink it as a child, havent bought a jug of milk in years. so i dont like it in my coffee, so there;)
I like mochas and macchiatos. Due to this weakness I stay clear of Starbucks.

I only drink soy at home though. In protein shakes and cereal. I can't drink any "milk" by itself.

Peaches
02-13-2005, 12:43 PM
The only coffee I've ever been able to drink black was kona that was brewed at the coffee bean farm a few steps away from the coffee maker. Anything else has to be loaded with sugar and cream. The cappuchino at Starbucks isn't sweet enough for me. The mocha and caramel things are my favs. If I lived near one I'd weigh 400 pounds.

grimm
02-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 13 2005, 09:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 13 2005, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 12:33 PM

I only drink soy at home though. In protein shakes and cereal. I can't drink any "milk" by itself. [/b][/quote]
same deal. in protein shakes i only use fortified soy milk.. basically condensed milk combined with soy milk, and mix. you can add on another 20g of protein without noticing. Drinking a glass of milk tastes terrible to me.

grimm
02-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 13 2005, 09:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 13 2005, 09:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 12:33 PM

I only drink soy at home though. In protein shakes and cereal. I can't drink any "milk" by itself. [/b][/quote]
i like the machiattos like crazy. i just cant have them, id go into dka if i drank them whenever i wanted coffee!

Peaches
02-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 01:53 PM
Drinking a glass of milk tastes terrible to me.

You need to get you some Hershey's :)

Growing up we drank whole milk. When I moved in with my Dad, he only bought 2%. When I had my son, I bought 1% and now I only drink skim. Whole milk is like cream to me now - can't drink it. But I do LOVE to drink milk and I could drink chocolate milk all day if it didn't have any calories
:awinky:

Almighty Colin
02-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Feb 13 2005, 12:53 PM
fortified soy milk.
Same here :-)

grimm
02-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Feb 13 2005, 10:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Feb 13 2005, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 12:53 PM
fortified soy milk.
Same here :-) [/b][/quote]
hey meg, guess what word im thinking, and its not kitty..

grimm
02-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Peaches+Feb 13 2005, 09:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Feb 13 2005, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 01:53 PM

[/b][/quote]
they actually have sugar free hershey syrup now. if that isnt irony in a bottle, i don't know what is.:)

Peaches
02-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Feb 13 2005, 02:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Feb 13 2005, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 13 2005, 09:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Feb 13 2005, 01:53 PM

they actually have sugar free hershey syrup now. if that isnt irony in a bottle, i don't know what is.:) [/b][/quote]
Hmmm....I don't think I'll try that.

The absolutely best chocolate milk is the kind that's already mixed. Mayfield is popluar 'round these parts :rokk:

Raven
02-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Jamaica Blue Mountain is the very best coffee I have ever had.
I am not much of a Starbucks fan, as their coffee has that burnt taste to it....

And, for the record, as Grimm says...agoraphobia can be a serious condition, for which much therapy is needed.

I can only speak for myself..I'm a homebody. I like my den...I love being with my honey, Tev...I like to read......

I love to go to restaurants....and I love the thought of going out...I'm just lazy...

RyanLanane
02-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Kona, I believe, is just a step below Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Just finished my 4th cup of it and I'm ready to go for the day lol ...

Grimm you are a smartass!! LOL

ECHL (East Coast Hockey League) ;) - Peoria Rivermen

And it's not the IHL, we will be an AHL team next year.. The equivalent of AAA in Baseball. We used to be IHL (which used to be the same as the AHL) a few years back and had MANY players who play in the NHL play in Peoria for quite sime time.

Couple of my FAVORITES, Tony "The Badass" Twist and Curtis Joseph. Also had some players like Michael Mongeau, David Bruce, etc... There ar emany more but I am just now getting back into it as I quit going to the games after we dropped to the ECHL.

Raven
02-13-2005, 02:04 PM
My only problem with Kona is it has an aftertaste of macadamia nuts....

Peaches
02-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Raven@Feb 13 2005, 03:05 PM
My only problem with Kona is it has an aftertaste of macadamia nuts....
That would explain why I liked it :awinky:

Raven
02-13-2005, 02:17 PM
I love macadamia nuts, Peaches.....but, I'm an avid coffee drinker....so, after a few cups.....it kind of loses its appeal...with that aftertaste...

XXXPhoto
02-13-2005, 04:34 PM
As you can see Nick, it's not just you...

I picked up my new 98 model truck in Oct of 97. Since then I've drove to LA 5 times, Vegas once, Phoenix twice, New Orleans and Flowery Branch all from Missouri. After all that plus 7 years of puttering around I've still only got 42k on it and it still looks new...lol

Will be golfing weather soon enough though and really looking forward to hitting the links this year... ;)