PDA

View Full Version : Could I please get some opinions on ratios

Red
02-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I launched Depraved Dollars on January 24th. I've got 52 affiliates and so far my total affiliate ratios are 1:535

My worst affiliate is doing 1:1,738 my best 1:35, I've got one at 1:300 and everyone else is under 1:200

Is that acceptable? Does it suck? Am I doing ok for only 2 1/2 weeks?

TheEnforcer
02-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Just from the numbers you posted there I'ts safe to assume your affiliate that is over 1:1000 is sending the most traffic of all your affiliates given the much lower ratios of the others sending traffic (and obviously some that send none or almost none as every program has) to bring your ratio up like that. maybe you should try and give that affiliate some tips on how to better filter his/her traffic.

Nickatilynx
02-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Not terrible numbers :)

I raised some questions here about it..

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=16476

Red
02-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 11 2005, 05:40 PM
Just from the numbers you posted there I'ts safe to assume your affiliate that is over 1:1000 is sending the most traffic of all your affiliates given the much lower ratios of the others sending traffic (and obviously some that send none or almost none as every program has) to bring your ratio up like that. maybe you should try and give that affiliate some tips on how to better filter his/her traffic.
Actually he is not sending the most traffic. The 1:300 is sending the most. he's got a review site and is doing real well with dixie trailer trash. His reviewer just loved the site and gave it a 9 star rating. We would have received a 10, but he felt the video clips were too short.

I sent emails out the other day to the affiliates who haven't been doing so well and asked if there was anything I could do to help them out. I thought it would be good to be pro-active. There was only one response and that was from my 1: 1,700. I gave him some tips and he got that one sale today. So I am trying to help and trying to give good support.

Red
02-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 11 2005, 05:49 PM

I replied to your thread Nick and you raise some good points. I'm going to show the thread to my partner in hopes that he will listen to me about those concerns. Trust me it's nothing I haven't already said to him. I've told him that with an affiliate program the sites can't be the same as they were before. I'm making progress, just not fast enough for me.

Vick
02-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Actually those are good to fair numbers especially if you have affiliates sending TGP type traffic in that mix

Traffic from review sites convert well but it's been my experience they do not retain as well as other sources

gonzo
02-12-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Red+Feb 11 2005, 10:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Red @ Feb 11 2005, 10:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 11 2005, 05:49 PM

I replied to your thread Nick and you raise some good points. I'm going to show the thread to my partner in hopes that he will listen to me about those concerns. Trust me it's nothing I haven't already said to him. I've told him that with an affiliate program the sites can't be the same as they were before. I'm making progress, just not fast enough for me. [/b][/quote]
I told him the same shit 2 years ago.

Hope your more persuasive. As picky as affilaites are about sending traffic Im surprised you have any at all.

Personally its a traffic leak Im not interested in sending to either.

Almighty Colin
02-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Raws or uniques?

Seems like you're off to a good start as far as affiliates.