NFL... done
CFL... done
NHL... on strike
MLB... not here yet

:(

Forest
02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
EC

i was thinking of you this am when I was listening to NPR and they had a segment about the hockey strike. Looks like the season is over for this year and they are even talking about no hockey for next year as well

sucks for nhl fans

atleast we got NBA!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO HEAT!

TheEnforcer
02-11-2005, 01:56 PM
College basketball baby!! March Madness is close at hand!!

grimm
02-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Feb 11 2005, 10:36 AM
NFL... done
CFL... done
NHL... on strike
MLB... not here yet

:(
college basketball dude. every night

pushpills
02-11-2005, 06:57 PM
I miss the NHL. However, chicago as "the wolves" which are a really good team. I got the nba package deal so when I gotta watch sports, there's pleanty on.

SykkBoy
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
don't forget the PBA

kath
02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Are you kidding? There's no time for withdrawal.... NASCAR season just started with Bud Pole Shootout practice today, the Shootout tomorrow and then next week hub/son will be flying out to Daytona for the 500. The following week is the California race here @ home so we're going to be wall-to-wall Nascar for the next 3 weeks straight and then on to a full season (until freaking NOVEMBER!)

.....and I just got through a heartbreaking NFL season.....
.....and I hate the NBA - those squeaky shoes.....
.....and baseball - geez, gotta start grabbing some tix already.....
.....and the kids are playing club ball, practices start in 2 weeks....

*sigh*

There's NO time for withdrawal.....

(that being said I *did* miss hockey this year..... :( )

Evil Chris
02-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Canadians don't watch basketball. Certainly not college basketball. I've never understood that. I think maybe it boils down to some kind of "be true to your school" thing you Americans got going on. :)

NASCAR is somewhat popular here, and gaining. My father and brother are right into it. I'm not. I prefer the European accents of F1 rather than the southern drawls of Nascar. LOL

I just now saw a report on CTV Sportsnet that the NHL players are starting to tire of this strike and no wonder, non of them are getting paid. We may be getting an abbreviated NHL season after all.