PDA

View Full Version : You are out of the industry for 5 years...

RyanLanane
02-11-2005, 08:08 AM
I am starting with TGP's and purchased Advanced Submitter. This thing is a bitch but I am betting once I get it tweaked properly it will work very well and be extremely efficent. A couple different hosts.. A couple diferent sites should be able to get some drastic traffic. Captailizing it, tweaking it, and playing with it is a whole other issue. This is where I have to learn ground up what I am doing.

What webmaster resource guides would you guys suggest if I was to do say a week of solid reading (or more) to catch up on the MULTIPLE changes over the past 5 years and the new technologies out there along with the way business is done nowadays.

I want to get my feet back in the door and am taking this seriously. Realizing I am a peon for the first time :) So if any of you all could point me in the right direction as to where to start my research it would be helpful.

A good example would be a webmaster resource guide (that you guys are friendly with) that does weekly articles with archives, Colin's Building an Empire, and any industry related sites that write articles and provide information to webmasters.

Please feel free to PM me if it is inappropriate to post such urls on the board here. Those of you that have e-mailed me about various topics I will get back to you soon.. I am just overwhelmed by where to start. I have changed my mind like 300 different times - LOL. Today I caved and "started" submitting some stuff to a few random places just to get me goign and make me feel like I am making progress rather than being indecisive.

Thanks,
Ryan L

NickPapageorgio
02-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Feb 11 2005, 05:09 AM
I am starting with TGP's and purchased Advanced Submitter. This thing is a bitch but I am betting once I get it tweaked properly it will work very well and be extremely efficent. A couple different hosts.. A couple diferent sites should be able to get some drastic traffic. Captailizing it, tweaking it, and playing with it is a whole other issue. This is where I have to learn ground up what I am doing.

What webmaster resource guides would you guys suggest if I was to do say a week of solid reading (or more) to catch up on the MULTIPLE changes over the past 5 years and the new technologies out there along with the way business is done nowadays.

I want to get my feet back in the door and am taking this seriously. Realizing I am a peon for the first time :) So if any of you all could point me in the right direction as to where to start my research it would be helpful.

A good example would be a webmaster resource guide (that you guys are friendly with) that does weekly articles with archives, Colin's Building an Empire, and any industry related sites that write articles and provide information to webmasters.

Please feel free to PM me if it is inappropriate to post such urls on the board here. Those of you that have e-mailed me about various topics I will get back to you soon.. I am just overwhelmed by where to start. I have changed my mind like 300 different times - LOL. Today I caved and "started" submitting some stuff to a few random places just to get me goign and make me feel like I am making progress rather than being indecisive.

Thanks,
Ryan L
http://www.cozyacademy.com

BillPMB
02-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Yep, you can't pwn the search engines anymore without link pop and lots of other factors. There are a butt ton of newbie boards all over creation like the one nick posted.

Try spamming aol chatrooms, that works for me these days. ;) hehehe

RyanLanane
02-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by BillPMB@Feb 11 2005, 06:20 AM
Yep, you can't pwn the search engines anymore without link pop and lots of other factors. There are a butt ton of newbie boards all over creation like the one nick posted.

Try spamming aol chatrooms, that works for me these days. ;) hehehe
LOL Bill :D

Thanks Nick... Getting ready to read now...

Also, if anyone has any tutorials on how to modify your Advanced Submitter Database that would be AWESOME.

gonzo
02-11-2005, 10:21 AM
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?showforum=27

Mike AI
02-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Ryan, I think there are as many opportunities in mainstream internet. I am amazed how many people leave and come back. Is it like the salmon returning upstream just to give birth, then die?

JoesHO
02-11-2005, 10:41 AM
since you mentioned TGP's I would sugest you take a look at www.remotethumbs.com ( it does everything automated for you) and you can weed through different sponsors faster in your learning process.

also Meat, and the guys at netpond have a newbie board, that is very helpful.

find a good processor ( epoch is liked by most) and really watch for chargebacks it is vital to keep a good processor, and not many to choose from now .

and hire someone/or learn the search engines as they seem to be the most important traffic generation tool available today ( not sure what it was before I wasn't around)

TheEnforcer
02-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I acn sympathize. Before I worked for APM earlier I had been out of adult for quite a while. I still haven't really jumped back in on the traffic generation aspect and need to get going again myself.

Nickatilynx
02-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Ryan ,

Searchengines and of course mail are the rich gold seems of traffic IMHO.

Buy words.

Subscribe to this:

http://www.planetocean.com/

Also join in the SEO and traffic forum here:

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/index.php?showforum=26

hjnet
02-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Feb 11 2005, 06:23 AM

Also, if anyone has any tutorials on how to modify your Advanced Submitter Database that would be AWESOME.

You can take a look at http://www.advancedsubmitter.com/tutorial/index.htm for a good tutorial about advancedsubmitter to start with.

And if you're looking for a good Database of TGPs take a look at http://www.adultsponsortest.com/advancedsubmitter.htm
And an MGP Database will be finished soon :)

You can also hit me up on ICQ or via email (see sig) and I'll show you how to build your own DB.

RyanLanane
02-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys .. Some informative stuff here.

Mike, I saw alot of it a few weeks back and names I hadn't seen around in a WHILE. Same story as me pretty much, so I figured why not give it the ole college try at least. So far it has been a little rougher than I expected it to be, alot falling into my lap all at once but I am trying to take it one step at a time and wait for it to feel natural again.

I agree about the mainstream I just can't find the right product yet, I did grab isuspectcheating.com and planned on doing a forumn there with articles etc for people who were worried about infidelity and sell CheckMate (if you don't know what it is, google it) but the only thing that stopped me is I couldn't find an affiliate program for all the E-Books people are selling on "How to Catch a Cheating Mate" and the hell if I know how to write a book like that, LOL. Those are the teo main revenue streams I would see coming out of such a site. Tried contacting a couple of the authors to no avail... So if anyone here knows anyone...

Feel free to keep posting links, the advanced submitter database, I believe that was the one I was going to purchase but it said it was last updated November 9th and they wanted like $130.00. If it was updated last week it is outdated in this business...

Ryan

Mike AI
02-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Ryan, just want to make sure you know this was not a knock about you. You are very bright, have serious skills - I think you can accomplish what you want in anything you do.

BillPMB
02-11-2005, 06:10 PM
"I am amazed how many people leave and come back. Is it like the salmon returning upstream just to give birth, then die? "

No, it's the bear coming back to the stream to eat the salmon. :okthumb:

Ryan,

Pick a direction and carefully lay out a campaign to go there. You sound like you want quick cash, use PPS. Although, you can have great success advertising odd things on TGP galleries other than paysites. Do a little thinking, you've always been a smart guy.

This isn't 1997 anymore and you can't spoof infoseek for #1 rankings anymore in 10 minutes. It's a different game now.

You want real real quick cash? Download the P**** H**TON video off Kaaza, throw up a quick free signup AVS site over the weekend after spamming the shit out of AOL and YAHOO and make a quick 30 grand. Then take the site down. (KIDDING!) Bet it would work though.... hehehe

hjnet
02-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by RyanLanane@Feb 11 2005, 02:41 PM

Feel free to keep posting links, the advanced submitter database, I believe that was the one I was going to purchase but it said it was last updated November 9th and they wanted like $130.00. If it was updated last week it is outdated in this business...

I think you mean an other DB, the Database in my Sig was remade in January 2005 and it only costs $100, and I've built it myself and use it everytime I submit TGP Galleries :D

For more info take a look at http://www.adultsponsortest.com/advancedsubmitter.htm or hit me up on ICQ/email

gonzo
02-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by hjnet+Feb 12 2005, 05:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hjnet @ Feb 12 2005, 05:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RyanLanane@Feb 11 2005, 02:41 PM

I think you mean an other DB, the Database in my Sig was remade in January 2005 and it only costs $100, and I've built it myself and use it everytime I submit TGP Galleries :D

For more info take a look at http://www.adultsponsortest.com/advancedsubmitter.htm or hit me up on ICQ/email [/b][/quote]
TE---

Looks like someone needs to buy an ad.

RyanLanane
02-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Feb 11 2005, 02:52 PM
Ryan, just want to make sure you know this was not a knock about you. You are very bright, have serious skills - I think you can accomplish what you want in anything you do.
Mike, definately didn't take it as such. I know you would only say something like that BEHIND my back, LOL ! :D

Bill, Yes, I am having some tough times so quick money is an issue.. I think diversification is the only way to go. I took today off to come back strong tomorrow night and lay out a fresh business plan (got seats in the party box girlfriends office rented out for the Hockey game tomorrow afternoon).

I would be happy making $2,000 a month while I learned the business back a little at a time, hopefully achieving a $2K a month profit level shouldn't be tough within a month. I definately have to realize I can't make quick money like it was so easy to do back in the days, I'll just start to prostitute myself for next month's house payment - LOL !!!

Anyone doing any photo shoots in Central IL ?? B)

JerryW
02-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Ryan, if you're on icq, I'd like to chat with you. My icq is in the sig

RyanLanane
02-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Jerry, give me about an hour and I will pop on-line. I am getting ready to fire up a pot of coffee and hop in the shower. Have a hockey game to hit here in about 3 hours or so ... We are in the ECHL right now, next year we bump up to the IHL !! Woohoo ...

Ryan