PDA

View Full Version : What matters most to AVS webmasters?

universalpass
02-08-2005, 03:20 PM
What matters most to AVS webmasters?

Free hosting
Free Content
$ per sale
Conversion ratio
support

I realize these are all important, but which item is MOST important to you! please put in
order of priority.

http://www.universalpass.com

TheEnforcer
02-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Admittedly I have not done anything with AVS for quite a while. That said, if I were to start promoting using an AVS system again what would be important would be the last 3. An AVS system that converts and retains so I make a nice check is priority one and then support would be number two. The other two are kinda in the nice, but not absolutely necessary, category.

BTW_ what's your ICQ?

universalpass
02-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Just trying to make the system better!

BTW: my ICQ is 107746038

universalpass
02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 8 2005, 12:47 PM
Admittedly I have not done anything with AVS for quite a while. That said, if I were to start promoting using an AVS system again what would be important would be the last 3. An AVS system that converts and retains so I make a nice check is priority one and then support would be number two. The other two are kinda in the nice, but not absolutely necessary, category.

BTW_ what's your ICQ?
You guys have a rate sheet?

TheEnforcer
02-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by universalpass+Feb 8 2005, 04:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (universalpass @ Feb 8 2005, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 8 2005, 12:47 PM

BTW_ what's your ICQ?
You guys have a rate sheet? [/b][/quote]
Yup.. I'll hit you up on ICQ...

Nickatilynx
02-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Its been a long time since I did AVS sites.

But they were very popular , I too would be interested in the answers here.

To me though no1 is conversion ratio always

gonzo
02-08-2005, 06:03 PM
You both have forgot the most important element. The amount of traffic you feed to these sites. Thats what always interested me. Made em little mini pay sites.

TheEnforcer
02-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Feb 8 2005, 06:04 PM
You both have forgot the most important element. The amount of traffic you feed to these sites. Thats what always interested me. Made em little mini pay sites.
Ahh yes.. the traffic from the links list the AVS has. I'd forgotten about that. Some part of me wnats to say that that aspect isn't as prevalent as it once used to be. We need BillPMB in here as I'm sure he could give ne hell of a good answer.

Biiiiiillllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe if I shout he'll hear me!) :P

Newton
02-08-2005, 06:27 PM
Bill is definately the guy :)

BillPMB
02-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi Ya'll

Link list traffic is dead unless you're a LL whore and I've seen many of them since I've returned as an "active" builder of sites.

You cannot rely on the link list for sales, unless of course you're upselling to a premium avs site that recurs, you'd use feeders to keep it well advertised on the new sites list through the feeder sites.

Free hosting - I suppose that would be important to some, but not to me

Free Content - There's too much of that out there anyway, content is cheap. Buy some or buy a camera and shoot it yourself. I bought some domains and avs sites from a youngster and he had 6GB of sponsor content on those sites, ONE sponsor. That was enough for this kid to crank out over 1500 avs sites. Content bought = $0 WAY TO MUCH free content.

If you're going to keep the AVS members happy a goodly amount of leased premium content or feeds you produce yourself would help naturally. Downloadable mpegs are very popular (Thanks Movie Posts! Fuckers!) :)

$ per sale - That's a nice perk, yes.

Conversion ratio - A strong closing pitch by the avs itself is pretty important.

support - Always helps to have non dumb asses as reviewers

But, you've forgotten an important issue.

Let the webmaster make money. Rules such as number of banners, no consoles, no blind links, etc on a measely 40-60 picture site is moronic. I understand the differences that had to be made between AVS and FREE SIGNUP AVS to make Visa happy, but for cripes sake. Let the webmaster make money.

However, in this day and age, I wouldn't recommend getting into AVS if you don't have an understanding of how it's evolved.

aeon
02-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@Feb 8 2005, 04:15 PM
Hi Ya'll

Link list traffic is dead unless you're a LL whore and I've seen many of them since I've returned as an "active" builder of sites.

You cannot rely on the link list for sales, unless of course you're upselling to a premium avs site that recurs, you'd use feeders to keep it well advertised on the new sites list through the feeder sites.

Free hosting - I suppose that would be important to some, but not to me

Free Content - There's too much of that out there anyway, content is cheap. Buy some or buy a camera and shoot it yourself. I bought some domains and avs sites from a youngster and he had 6GB of sponsor content on those sites, ONE sponsor. That was enough for this kid to crank out over 1500 avs sites. Content bought = $0 WAY TO MUCH free content.

If you're going to keep the AVS members happy a goodly amount of leased premium content or feeds you produce yourself would help naturally. Downloadable mpegs are very popular (Thanks Movie Posts! Fuckers!) :)

$ per sale - That's a nice perk, yes.

Conversion ratio - A strong closing pitch by the avs itself is pretty important.

support - Always helps to have non dumb asses as reviewers

But, you've forgotten an important issue.

Let the webmaster make money. Rules such as number of banners, no consoles, no blind links, etc on a measely 40-60 picture site is moronic. I understand the differences that had to be made between AVS and FREE SIGNUP AVS to make Visa happy, but for cripes sake. Let the webmaster make money.

However, in this day and age, I wouldn't recommend getting into AVS if you don't have an understanding of how it's evolved.
^^^^Sorta what the old pervert said...but AVS is dead if you aren't up to date with how to work the sytem. You'll never catch up.

Go back to scamming with your paysites...there's nothing to see here. You can't LL whore anymore. The template limitations and sales requirements killed it.

TGP galleries are where the money's at.

TheEnforcer
02-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the reply Bill!! Very through answer.

gonzo
02-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Id like to have a reliable AVS again. Its nice to make cash and test a few ideas with!

BillPMB
02-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey ya'll

The fuck tard with no social skills is right. (sorta) If you've not been in the game, you're gonna fail (miserabley). You're better off promoting a small paysite, less competition, and exclusive content rules in that game anyway, so why waste it on an AVS site unless you, yourself are a fuck tard, and incapable of getting your own processing going. In which case I would suggest opening a beastie site in Amsterdam with just dialers. (but don't hang around any flying crocidiles)

You test with free sites and TGP traffic Gonzo. Where else can you find 100's of Ks of useless hits? If you get 1 signup, you've got a winner!

;)

Me? I'll just keep building shitty tours with worthless content that convert at 1:300 or better so Brad "the moron" Shaw can attempt to bait me to his occupational board. (blowing people)

I love how the PPS programs count hits.

1st page hits 5182
2nd page hits 448
Join page hits 995
Trailer views (duh!) 2280
Joins 1

Ratio 1:448! DAMN FINE RATIO unless the real number is 1:5182 (which it is)

That's the way we count. Unique hits to the first page vs joins.

Hasta la bye bye.

BilllPMB

:nyanya:

BillPMB
02-09-2005, 12:44 AM
How we count = 1:5182 to circumvent fuck tardish confusion (work with me, you'll understand eventually, but if not, doesn't matter, you're no better than content.)

gonzo
02-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Sounds like Bill PMB done got him a new attitude!

Hell Puppy
02-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by universalpass@Feb 8 2005, 03:21 PM

Free hosting
Free Content
$ per sale
Conversion ratio
support

I realize these are all important, but which item is MOST important to you! please put in
order of priority.

Free hosting -- bah, bandwidth is cheap, dont need free hosting... at this point if you cant afford a couple of hundred for some decent hosting, go home.

Free content -- if the AVS supplies free content, this just smears the same content on all of the sites and results in lousy retention rates. content is also cheap these days. again, if you cant afford a couple of hundred for a CD or three with naked pics on it, ou need to go home.

$ per sale -- yeah, higher my cut the better of course!

Conversions -- This is the single most important thng. If no one signs up, we're all just jacking off to our own material.

Support -- I dont need anyone to tug my ears, I know what I'm doing, just make sure you answer an email promptly when I do send one and also approve sites quickly.

I would add, traffic sharing.... A good AVS is alive with traffic and cross sells, this helps sales and retention. Let me milk some traffic off and i get less picky about the $ per sale.

BillPMB
02-09-2005, 01:00 AM
No Gonzo, I have the same attitude that I've had for the last 10 years, except I've now adopted a policy of not being as polite as in the past.

Someone blatently insulted me and my designer.

A spade is a spade. Lobster is a lobster.

http://www.animalfuckshow.com/churchsign.jpg

:rokk:

aeon
02-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@Feb 8 2005, 09:41 PM
The fuck tard with no social skills is right. (sorta) If you've not been in the game, you're gonna fail (miserabley).
Social skills are for pussies and old men that have to beg to get laid.

BillPMB
02-09-2005, 01:27 PM
"beg to get laid."

Yeah, and with your social skills I guess begging would be in the form of door whacking a woman with your car and dry humping her ass while she was on the pavement.

(and that would be a special occasion like valentines day!)

aeon
02-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by BillPMB@Feb 9 2005, 10:28 AM
"beg to get laid."

Yeah, and with your social skills I guess begging would be in the form of door whacking a woman with your car and dry humping her ass while she was on the pavement.

(and that would be a special occasion like valentines day!)
Ruffies are much less work.

You old fucks make things more complicated than they have to be.

TheEnforcer
02-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Now THIS thread is what Oprano is all about!!! :bdance:

universalpass
02-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Feb 8 2005, 09:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Feb 8 2005, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-universalpass@Feb 8 2005, 03:21 PM

Free hosting
Free Content
$ per sale
Conversion ratio
support

order of priority.

Free hosting -- bah, bandwidth is cheap, dont need free hosting... at this point if you cant afford a couple of hundred for some decent hosting, go home.

Free content -- if the AVS supplies free content, this just smears the same content on all of the sites and results in lousy retention rates. content is also cheap these days. again, if you cant afford a couple of hundred for a CD or three with naked pics on it, ou need to go home.

$ per sale -- yeah, higher my cut the better of course!

Conversions -- This is the single most important thng. If no one signs up, we're all just jacking off to our own material.

Support -- I dont need anyone to tug my ears, I know what I'm doing, just make sure you answer an email promptly when I do send one and also approve sites quickly.

I would add, traffic sharing.... A good AVS is alive with traffic and cross sells, this helps sales and retention. Let me milk some traffic off and i get less picky about the $ per sale. [/b][/quote]
I agree with most of what your saying here! the only thing that I tend to diagree with is the free content issue! This has been the topic of debate between myself and the partners! While it is true that you can buy some cheap CD's, to really retain and bring in new sales you need to have fresh exclusive content! which is by no means cheap! this stuff costs tens of thousands of dollars to do right! and is one of the things that we are researching!

I think that like the paysite business, content may be one of the keys!

Thanks all for the feedback! very helpful!