PDA

View Full Version : Ray

Lee
02-06-2005, 10:53 PM
I highly recommend that if you havent seen this movie already you do so.

Even at 2 1/2 hours in length it kept me glued to the screen, Fox plays the role perfectly IMHO and he has a great supporting cast too.

Well worth the rental fee or, cost of the DVD. This one is definately a keeper :)

Nickatilynx
02-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I thought it was an average to middling film.

I seriously do not see what all the buzz is about.

I watched it the other night , and frankly thought it was well acted,well filmed , but not as great as I was led to expect.

JR
02-06-2005, 11:09 PM
i thought it sucked. ok... so that guy from In Living Color can act afterall... the movie was average. He was great in Collateral as well. In fact, he pretty much carried the movie in my opinion.

the first hint at what the quality of Ray is and what box office expectations are, are indicated by the fact that you could buy it in Fred Meyers on DVD right after it started in theaters.

SykkBoy
02-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Decent movie, but I thought jamie Foxx was much better in "Collateral"

cj
02-06-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm glad I have heard some negatives now as well as positives - a movie almost always sucks ass when you here rave reviews about it because it can never live up to your expectations ...

Looking forward to seeing it
Jamie Foxx is really making his mark this last few years!

NickPapageorgio
02-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by cj@Feb 6 2005, 08:45 PM
I'm glad I have heard some negatives now as well as positives - a movie almost always sucks ass when you here rave reviews about it because it can never live up to your expectations ...

Looking forward to seeing it
Jamie Foxx is really making his mark this last few years!
Yep he is. I really expected his performance in "Any Given Sunday" to be comedic at best. He really surprised me with some of the more dramatical parts of that role. He is definitely a good actor.