PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks to winetalk.com

Hell Puppy
02-04-2005, 02:49 AM
I've been lurking over there as well as benefiting from the tips GonZo has been receiving in our quest for red wines that taste like hawaiian punch....

We've learned a lot in the last few days. We've even stopped serving our red wine on the rocks.

Winetalk.com
02-04-2005, 04:51 AM
Men in the U.S. who drink alcohol receive about 7% higher wages than do abstainers, according to data from the national Household Survey on Drug Abuse (United States Department of Health and Human Services). Women who drink receive about three and one-half percent higher wages than do abstainers.

Zarkin, Gary A., et al. Alcohol use and wages: New results from The National Household Survey on Drug Abuse. Journal of Health Economics, 1998, 17, 53-68.

Hell Puppy
02-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Winetalk.com@Feb 4 2005, 04:52 AM
Men in the U.S. who drink alcohol receive about 7% higher wages than do abstainers, according to data from the national Household Survey on Drug Abuse (United States Department of Health and Human Services). Women who drink receive about three and one-half percent higher wages than do abstainers.

Zarkin, Gary A., et al. Alcohol use and wages: New results from The National Household Survey on Drug Abuse. Journal of Health Economics, 1998, 17, 53-68.
If it does that for your salary, just imagine what it can do for your sex life.

Winetalk.com
02-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Feb 4 2005, 05:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Feb 4 2005, 05:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Winetalk.com@Feb 4 2005, 04:52 AM

If it does that for your salary, just imagine what it can do for your sex life. [/b][/quote]
I have no idea...my wife is against me participating in the scientific studies
;)

Peaches
02-04-2005, 08:56 AM
It is a great board, Serge! I've been lurking but I read almost every day and I have lots of little post-its all around my desk with names of wines it looks like I might like :)

I've been delving in to spanish wines recently - getting the red w/o all the oaky tastes (which I know YOU like but I don't :awinky: )

You done good!! :rokk:

Winetalk.com
02-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Peaches, knowing the things to avoid is sometimes more valuable info than what to get.

Glad I can be of help,
even though we don't share the tastes..
there is NO right taste in the world,
everybody have their own