PDA

View Full Version : Pat or Egales

Forest
02-03-2005, 03:43 PM
so who is it going to be

Im picking the pats. Im not a major fan of either but i hope it will be a close game

anyone want to pick the over/under?

Forest
02-03-2005, 03:49 PM
it would probably be better is i spelled eagles right

:lol:

Peaches
02-03-2005, 03:50 PM
I predict whomever has the most points will win. :P

JoesHO
02-03-2005, 03:51 PM
TO is gonna have a big day you watch!!!

Technick is gonna owe some money here soon :D

Dravyk
02-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Forest@Feb 3 2005, 03:50 PM

If you have to mispell it, here in Philly we also call them affectionately, "The Iggles".

... has to do with the Philly accent.

You tell 'em, Joe!!! :okthumb:

TheEnforcer
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Pats without a doubt!!

Peaches
02-03-2005, 04:33 PM
2 Members: TheEnforcer, clemsontiger

UNLOAD THE CAR, DAMMIT!! :P

pushpills
02-03-2005, 04:36 PM
patriots baby. however, this will be the first full game of the season i've watched....if I watch it all.

Don King
02-03-2005, 04:37 PM
I posted this rhyme on a different thread
I'll add it to here , for the sake of the brain dead..

I'm talking bout you Harry
Oh I KNOW your name...

You mess with the bull boy
You gonna feel the pain!!!!!!

If this was a fight , the ref would stop it
Dravyk's taking a beat , he should just drop it.

My friend Nicks mind is too fast , his knowledge , too rich
Hes making this poor phillie fan , dravyk , his bitch

Now listen up boy , I am a loyal eagles fan
But theres one one thing I know with the numbers , I ran

I know the odds , Man , hell I know the score
You gave them even money ,
look around fool , its you on the floor
Boy you so dumb it ain't even funny....
You got knocked the fuck out boy!!!!!
those ilynxes follow the smart money

Dravyk
02-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 3 2005, 04:32 PM
Pats without a doubt!!
What won't get out of Enforcer's head after the game! (http://www.jawsmovie.com/jsounds/jaws2.wav)

:rokk:

imported_Technick
02-03-2005, 05:21 PM
From USA Today:

And speaking of losers …
By Sandy Grady

With its zillion-dollar TV ads, marketing hype, betting frenzy and glitzy halftime show, a Super Bowl can seem the America fantasia, as technologically remote as a Star Trek spaceship.

Not this time. There will be real human beings involved — even if they are peculiar humans with cheesesteak breath, jade-green ball caps, odd accents and hearts aching with more misery than a Johnny Cash album.

I'm talking about embittered Philadelphia Eagles fanatics, the sorest losers since Attila's Huns. Yes, they once threw snowballs at Santa Claus. They would boo their own grandmother if she threw an interception.

In Super Bowl 39 (forget Roman numeral pretense), a city's soul is at stake. No town has a deeper inferiority complex than Philadelphia. Or deserves it more. When they play New England Sunday, Philly's rowdy, hangdog head cases will get one shot at catharsis.

When I wrote sports in Philadelphia in the '60s, my fingers automatically typed, “City of Losers.” Nobody complained. It was true. From South Philly row houses to Main Line mansions, the natives were marinated in sports tragedies the way the Irish remember the 1846 potato famine. I've got my own psychic scars. I traveled with the Phillies when they blew a surefire 1964 pennant with a September swoon. Sure, there have been flickers of glory. Philadelphia taprooms have fading photos of Tug McGraw's joyous leap when the 1980 Phils won the franchise's lone World Series. But since the 76ers captured an NBA title 22 years ago, the town has grown grumpy with frustration.

Don't give me any sad songs about those oversympathized Boston sufferers (didn't the Sox just win the Series?) or Chicago's cutesy cult (at least Da Bears won a Super Bowl). No, Philadelphia is the Mecca of Failure.

I covered the Eagles (pronounced “Iggles”) in Connie Mack Stadium, Franklin Field and The Vet. They lost in every venue, except for the Norm Van Brocklin team's 1960 splendor. I traveled to their only previous Super Bowl in 1981, where Dick Vermeil's burned-out overachievers lost. Since the early '90s, they have blown more playoff games than Bob Shrum has lost elections.

Sociologists may say Philadelphia feels inferior because it's stuck halfway between powerhouse New York and Washington's political egos. Indeed, I remember a 1960s slogan: “Philadelphia Is Not As Bad As Philadelphians Say It Is.” Lately, with its glossy center city and world-class restaurants, there's no reason to sulk, except for the sports futility.

My own theory is that older, lunch-bucket cities with ancient sports traditions (the Eagles go back to 1933, the Phils to 1883) have the most hard-core fans. Philly fans fit the mold: They prize no-quit toughness, they can turn rowdy if too much booze flows, and they're hostile as junkyard dogs when they feel betrayed. One or two have been known to put on helmets and bash in their car windshields when the Eagles lose. Their booing of Santa Claus is no myth — it happened in 1968, the Eagles in an 11-game losing streak, when a rather scruffy St. Nick was pummeled at halftime with jeers and snowballs. They even booed quarterback Donovan McNabb, the day he was drafted.

Emotional, yes. Typical of the breed is the ex-Philly mayor, now Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who moonlights as the team's TV analyst. Rendell once led a snowball bombardment of visiting Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson. Fanatic? The guv canceled a budget speech so he can do TV commentary in Jacksonville.

I served enough time in Philadelphia press boxes to testify its fans are as eccentric as a Mummers Parade and as explosive as a barroom at closing time. Who else but the Eagles had to install a courtroom in Veterans Stadium to handle overserved spectators? So it's true that Philly sports addicts can be the nation's most churlish and volatile. But they're salt-of-the-earth real.

Remember that scene in Rocky, when Sylvester Stallone runs up the steps of the Philadelphia museum as the music blares, Gonna Fly Now? If the Eagles break the city's self-esteem funk in the Super Bowl, pump up the band and start the Broad Street parade.

Yo, Adrian, champ-eens at last!

"City of Losers" eh Drav? I see nothing to make me think that's going to change on Sunday.

I mean what kind of evil people boo Santa Claus? Say it ain't so Drav:)

Forest
02-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I havent seen an over/under yet

Ill pick 46

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 05:30 PM
47.5 is the total points...

-7 Patriots

4/11 outright Patriots (Dravyk ois giving even money however)

According to:

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/allsportsa...ns.asp?sport=GI (http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/allsportsandcoupons.asp?sport=GI)

TheEnforcer
02-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Feb 3 2005, 04:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Feb 3 2005, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 3 2005, 04:32 PM
Pats without a doubt!!
What won't get out of Enforcer's head after the game! (http://www.jawsmovie.com/jsounds/jaws2.wav)

:rokk: [/b][/quote]
Not a chance!! After the game you guys will still be whining about "how close we came" to winning the big one while choking yet again!!

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Feb 3 2005, 02:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Feb 3 2005, 02:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 04:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Feb 3 2005, 04:32 PM
Pats without a doubt!!

:rokk:
Not a chance!! After the game you guys will still be whining about "how close we came" to winning the big one while choking yet again!! [/b][/quote]
Pretty good burn though....

;-))

Can we have a recap synopsis of the current wagers?

imported_Technick
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 3 2005, 02:38 PM
So far on my betting list I have:

Dravyk $100 Eagles to win.
JoeSho $20 Eagles to win.

That's even money...no spread.

Sweet:)

Dravyk
02-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Technick@Feb 3 2005, 05:22 PM
Their booing of Santa Claus is no myth — it happened in 1968, the Eagles in an 11-game losing streak, when a rather scruffy St. Nick was pummeled at halftime with jeers and snowballs.

So it's true that Philly sports addicts can be the nation's most churlish and volatile. But they're salt-of-the-earth real.

They were in the middle of an 11-game losing streak. The thought of Santa at that game was pathetic. The Eagles that year were the Grinches that stole Christmas. Fuck ya, we booed Santa! :)

Dravyk
02-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Technick+Feb 3 2005, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Technick @ Feb 3 2005, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 3 2005, 02:38 PM

JoeSho $20 Eagles to win.[/b][/quote]

Ahem, it correctly goes as follows ...

- TE takes a salt bath with the fishes when I win.
- Technick sends me a C-Note when I win.
- Vick comes to Philly and buys me and a date dinner when I win.

:bdance: :purpdance: :bdance: :purpdance: :bdance:

imported_Technick
02-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 02:42 PM
They were in the middle of an 11-game losing streak.
They are going to be at the start of another losing streak come Sunday.

I hope there aren't any other kindly, wholesome, all American figures around for you to abuse Drav:)

Dravyk
02-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Technick+Feb 3 2005, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Technick @ Feb 3 2005, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 02:42 PM
They were in the middle of an 11-game losing streak.
They are going to be at the start of another losing streak come Sunday.

I hope there aren't any other kindly, wholesome, all American figures around for you to abuse Drav:) [/b][/quote]
We eat wholesome icons for breakfast here -- then spit them out.

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Technick+Feb 3 2005, 02:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Technick @ Feb 3 2005, 02:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 3 2005, 02:38 PM

That's even money...no spread.

Sweet:) [/b][/quote]

Nice , if you win , you may be able to make yourself a nice dress.

Provided you go easy on the material.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Note : - Nickatilynx is an equal opportunity burner.

imported_Technick
02-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 02:45 PM
Vick comes to Philly and buys me and a date dinner when I win.

I thought Vick was the date Drav ;)

imported_Technick
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 3 2005, 02:51 PM
Nice if you win , you may be able to make yourself a nice dress.

Maybe me Drav and Vick can compare designs :)

JoesHO
02-03-2005, 06:35 PM
PHILLY!!!!

can get a hell yeah up in here !!!!

the defense of philedalphia,
is commin to town to squash ya !

The snow wont save ya this time
the pats are way past their prime

sissies and fools the lot of them
wont you be pissed when TO makes a mokery of em

our Mcnabb will make the toss and the run
look out pats you are done!

Raven
02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Feb 3 2005, 01:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Feb 3 2005, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Forest@Feb 3 2005, 03:50 PM

If you have to mispell it, here in Philly we also call them affectionately, "The Iggles".

... has to do with the Philly accent.

You tell 'em, Joe!!! :okthumb: [/b][/quote]
Affectionately?

There ARE no affectionate fans in Philly.

That's why shows came to Philly before going to Broadway. If it could get past us as an audience, it was guaranteed.

We are a tough bunch.

But.

G'd help anyone else who talks shit about our teams. LOL

Vick
02-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk+Feb 3 2005, 05:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dravyk @ Feb 3 2005, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Technick@Feb 3 2005, 05:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Feb 3 2005, 02:38 PM

Ahem, it correctly goes as follows ...

- TE takes a salt bath with the fishes when I win.
- Technick sends me a C-Note when I win.

:bdance: :purpdance: :bdance: :purpdance: :bdance: [/b][/quote]
Dravyk - looking forward to it either way

But the Patriots are the better team. More talent, more big game experience (The Eagles are just happy finally getting to the big game)

TO can hurt the Eagles this Sunday

But footballs are a funny shape and tend to take odd bounces so
Anything can happen - at least short term

Long term the best team usually wins

Nickatilynx
02-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 02:45 PM

Found the puncture repair kit then?

;-)))

SykkBoy
02-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Technick@Feb 3 2005, 05:22 PM
From USA Today:

And speaking of losers …
By Sandy Grady

With its zillion-dollar TV ads, marketing hype, betting frenzy and glitzy halftime show, a Super Bowl can seem the America fantasia, as technologically remote as a Star Trek spaceship.

Not this time. There will be real human beings involved — even if they are peculiar humans with cheesesteak breath, jade-green ball caps, odd accents and hearts aching with more misery than a Johnny Cash album.

I'm talking about embittered Philadelphia Eagles fanatics, the sorest losers since Attila's Huns. Yes, they once threw snowballs at Santa Claus. They would boo their own grandmother if she threw an interception.

In Super Bowl 39 (forget Roman numeral pretense), a city's soul is at stake. No town has a deeper inferiority complex than Philadelphia. Or deserves it more. When they play New England Sunday, Philly's rowdy, hangdog head cases will get one shot at catharsis.

When I wrote sports in Philadelphia in the '60s, my fingers automatically typed, “City of Losers.” Nobody complained. It was true. From South Philly row houses to Main Line mansions, the natives were marinated in sports tragedies the way the Irish remember the 1846 potato famine. I've got my own psychic scars. I traveled with the Phillies when they blew a surefire 1964 pennant with a September swoon. Sure, there have been flickers of glory. Philadelphia taprooms have fading photos of Tug McGraw's joyous leap when the 1980 Phils won the franchise's lone World Series. But since the 76ers captured an NBA title 22 years ago, the town has grown grumpy with frustration.

Don't give me any sad songs about those oversympathized Boston sufferers (didn't the Sox just win the Series?) or Chicago's cutesy cult (at least Da Bears won a Super Bowl). No, Philadelphia is the Mecca of Failure.

I covered the Eagles (pronounced “Iggles”) in Connie Mack Stadium, Franklin Field and The Vet. They lost in every venue, except for the Norm Van Brocklin team's 1960 splendor. I traveled to their only previous Super Bowl in 1981, where Dick Vermeil's burned-out overachievers lost. Since the early '90s, they have blown more playoff games than Bob Shrum has lost elections.

Sociologists may say Philadelphia feels inferior because it's stuck halfway between powerhouse New York and Washington's political egos. Indeed, I remember a 1960s slogan: “Philadelphia Is Not As Bad As Philadelphians Say It Is.” Lately, with its glossy center city and world-class restaurants, there's no reason to sulk, except for the sports futility.

My own theory is that older, lunch-bucket cities with ancient sports traditions (the Eagles go back to 1933, the Phils to 1883) have the most hard-core fans. Philly fans fit the mold: They prize no-quit toughness, they can turn rowdy if too much booze flows, and they're hostile as junkyard dogs when they feel betrayed. One or two have been known to put on helmets and bash in their car windshields when the Eagles lose. Their booing of Santa Claus is no myth — it happened in 1968, the Eagles in an 11-game losing streak, when a rather scruffy St. Nick was pummeled at halftime with jeers and snowballs. They even booed quarterback Donovan McNabb, the day he was drafted.

Emotional, yes. Typical of the breed is the ex-Philly mayor, now Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who moonlights as the team's TV analyst. Rendell once led a snowball bombardment of visiting Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson. Fanatic? The guv canceled a budget speech so he can do TV commentary in Jacksonville.

I served enough time in Philadelphia press boxes to testify its fans are as eccentric as a Mummers Parade and as explosive as a barroom at closing time. Who else but the Eagles had to install a courtroom in Veterans Stadium to handle overserved spectators? So it's true that Philly sports addicts can be the nation's most churlish and volatile. But they're salt-of-the-earth real.

Remember that scene in Rocky, when Sylvester Stallone runs up the steps of the Philadelphia museum as the music blares, Gonna Fly Now? If the Eagles break the city's self-esteem funk in the Super Bowl, pump up the band and start the Broad Street parade.

Yo, Adrian, champ-eens at last!

"City of Losers" eh Drav? I see nothing to make me think that's going to change on Sunday.

Actually they boo grammas
the pelted santa with fucking snowballs...
cold hearted bastards...
I'm thinking of moving to Philly....

Dravyk
02-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 4 2005, 01:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 4 2005, 01:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 02:45 PM

Found the puncture repair kit then?

;-))) [/b][/quote]
Nope, but I found the ice pick that made the puncture. Wanna see? :ph34r:

Ditto Vick! Win-win deal there.

Sykk, yeah, you'd enjoy it here! Took Steve Carlton forever to understand us. But one day he did, and it was love.

spazlabz
02-04-2005, 09:25 AM
a fool and his money are soon parted. If ya gamble on a football game your a fool. I LOVE football, but i dont bet on it.......ever.
My son will proclaim a game over in the first quarter (esp if the team he is rooting for is behind by like 10 pts or more) and he will invariably turn to me and ask "It's over isn't it Dad, they lost huh?" my answer is always the same
has time run out in the forth quarter?
it aint over.........
I watched the Buckeyes come from behind with 45 seconds left on the clock to beat the sun devils at the rose bowl
lots of people thought that was over beginning of the 4th quarter
and a sure thing win? LOL what a joke. THIS YEAR the Miami Dolphins (my team by the way) Beat the patriots soundly
hahahhaa wish I would have bet on that game. no one ever would have thought a team rolling over the NFL at the time would have lost to probably the second from the bottom team......but the shit happened.
I LOVE football
Super Sunday is bigger then Christmas in my house no matter who is playing
But betting on football games is just foolish
so is arguing about it heh heh

spaz

Forest
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Ill put 20.00 on the pats if anyone wants the action

:okthumb: