PDA

View Full Version : Programmer looking for work

JerryW
02-03-2005, 01:48 PM
After several years in content production, last as PhotoGregg's partner (now ex), I'm returning to my other skill, programming. I have over 20 years experience coding in just about everything under the sun. So if you need software written for Unix or Windows, C/C++ or PHP/Mysql, or anything else, hit me up for a quote. I'm available now, so I can start right away. Samples available if you contact me. Conact details in my sig.

Of course if you need content produced I'll do that too :groucho:

JerryW

sarettah
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JerryW@Feb 3 2005, 01:49 PM
After several years in content production, last as PhotoGregg's partner (now ex)
Any drama to report ?

Expiring minds want to know :blink:

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Feb 3 2005, 04:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Feb 3 2005, 04:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JerryW@Feb 3 2005, 01:49 PM
After several years in content production, last as PhotoGregg's partner (now ex)
Any drama to report ?

Expiring minds want to know :blink: [/b][/quote]
Oh there will be drama...

Or it does prove once and for all the old adage

"There is no money in content production , just a hell of a lot of fun"

;-))))

pushpills
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
If we were to say...hourly rate...roughly what are we looking at? I have a programmer, but he can be a greedy little bitch on occasion.

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 04:58 PM
If we were to say...hourly rate...roughly what are we looking at? I have a programmer, but he can be a greedy little bitch on occasion.

Ain't that the truth!!!!!

;-)

sarettah
02-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 07:58 PM
I bill out at $100 an hour for coding, and $125 an hour for design ($500 an hour for data entry, but only cause I hate monkey work). When I take on side projects, I charge $50 an hour flat.

Just to give a perspective.

So, how much an hour does it have to be to qualify as a greedy little bitch ?

:huh:

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Feb 3 2005, 05:01 PM

I bill out at $100 an hour for coding, and $125 an hour for design ($500 an hour for data entry, but only cause I hate monkey work). When I take on side projects, I charge $50 an hour flat.

Gues you don't work much then ?

ahahahahahahahaah

sarettah
02-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 3 2005, 08:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 3 2005, 08:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@Feb 3 2005, 05:01 PM

Gues you don't work much then ?

ahahahahahahahaah [/b][/quote]
Fuck Off Pikey :nyanya:

sarettah
02-03-2005, 08:05 PM
and yes, that was the best I could come up with at the moment :headwall:

pushpills
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Feb 3 2005, 07:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Feb 3 2005, 07:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 07:58 PM

:huh: [/b][/quote]
too rich for me, unless i really really needed heavey expertise on something. my perl stuff I usually pay 30ish an hour, for a guy who is out of college, I get custom software done from an old "aol proggie" programmer buddy of mine who is still in college, 10 bucks an hour, and he's thankful to get it.

it still all depends how much u have to explain, and how fast the person can actually do stuff,

Mike AI
02-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+Feb 3 2005, 08:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ Feb 3 2005, 08:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by sarettah@Feb 3 2005, 07:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 07:58 PM

:huh:
too rich for me, unless i really really needed heavey expertise on something. my perl stuff I usually pay 30ish an hour, for a guy who is out of college, I get custom software done from an old "aol proggie" programmer buddy of mine who is still in college, 10 bucks an hour, and he's thankful to get it.

it still all depends how much u have to explain, and how fast the person can actually do stuff, [/b][/quote]
Intelligent post?

wow....

:yowsa:

PhotoGreggXXX
02-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Just a heads up...Careful with this guy:
- programming....yep good stuff if you have a few years to wait for your project
- careful letting him have access to your url's or websites....ended up stealing www.photogregg.com after 3 years with me
- oh and watch your passwords, easy to get to your bank accounts, etc.

But if someone does hire him, make sure to pay his trip to ANY show, and let me know...bring your cameras, cause you'll see the biggest ass-whipping ever.

Nickatilynx
02-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by PhotoGreggXXX@Feb 3 2005, 08:35 PM
- programming....yep good stuff if you have a few years to wait for your project
- careful letting him have access to your url's or websites....ended up stealing www.photogregg.com after 3 years with me

But if someone does hire him, make sure to pay his trip to ANY show, and let me know...bring your cameras, cause you'll see the biggest ass-whipping ever.
:popcorn:

Do tell us more.....

pushpills
02-03-2005, 11:52 PM
go on.....

PhotoGreggXXX
02-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Could rant, but what's the use. The guy was lazy as fuck for 3 years, preferred playing video games, ended up doing the rip and run. But hey, he's a great programmer! So hire him...Oh and be sure and send him to shows to "keep up with the latest games...ahhh, I mean technology.

JerryW
02-04-2005, 12:38 AM
You know what the difference is between a man and a dog? IF you feed a dog, he won't turn around and bite you.

When we started photogregg.com, he had just gotten fired from his last job, had no money and was about to get kicked out of his apratment. I gave him a room in my house (no rent charged ever), fed his sorry ass,, bought all the equipment and payed the models to get us going and get us established until we got our first contract. Total of around $50k spent up front with no expectation of return. Not that I trusted him even then, so I kept some things in my name for when he tried to push me out of the business. Like Photogregg.com, which I did the design for, wrote all the software for and kept after we split up. Or the server which started out as mine and I hosted the business site on it.

Now I could tell you about the $30k plus greg stole from a client , or a few other things as well, just be careful doing business with him and count your change afterwards. Not on the scale of Sextracker, but fun none-the-less.

And as far as that ass wipping goes, almost tempted so I could put your sorry ass back in jail where it belongs, not to mention a civil suit as well.

As for the others interested, I have work now, thanks for the offers

JerryW
02-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Forgot to mention, photogregg.com is for sale cheap. send me all offers.

sugar
02-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah You might want to watch out for photogregg. He shoots shitty content now because he lets a 21 year old run his business. I gave him a place to work when he was shut down, let his jail bird girlfriend call my house every night when she was locked up for child neglect and also let him use my merchant until he refused to payback the money that was paid to him and were charge backs. Then helped him get his own merchant. Almost all his clients he has shot for, he has lost. Word around is he is going down. Dont get me wrong fun guy and sorry to see him lose everything but hey what comes around goes around. Oh forgot to mention. he looks for investors to give him money for his business now and runs around calling them his sugardaddy. So if he wants to talk shit about someone, he needs to talk about himself. Biggest loser in the biz.

sarettah
02-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Damn, and I was just getting ready to hit the sack.

Could you please do the drama during fucking human hours...dammit !

Some of us geezers get real fucking cranky when we don't get our forty winks, ya know ?

dammit

:ph34r:

Peaches
02-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Geeze - and I wasn't even going to click on this thread because I don't need a programmer! :popcorn:

Nickatilynx
02-04-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@Feb 3 2005, 10:03 PM

Some of us geezers get real fucking cranky when we don't get our forty winks, ya know ?

dammit

What he said LOL

sarettah
02-04-2005, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 4 2005, 01:04 AM
Geeze - and I wasn't even going to click on this thread because I don't need a programmer! :popcorn:
If you did, you would get the special family discount :okthumb:

Vick
02-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Damn

At least 3 Sides to every story

photogregg
02-04-2005, 01:11 AM
-Brought Jerry into deal with Scarlett's cabaret...he did programming.
-deal didn't work, we started a biz
-he put up for cameras and lights, about $10k, got that back when from the company when his house was ready to be foreclosed...plus much, much more to support him 'taking care of his sugar daddy status girls'
-I did the sales, recruiting, marketing and directing, yeah he held a camera for awhile until I had to hire someone that could 'shoot' without staring the girls down like a perv
-plan was build a store, build client base for more custom and exclusive work and build our own websites

Reality:
- I did ALL the sales, over $2million dollars worth, Had to hire another photographer to take pics/video with me because jerry was 'busy' playing games and spending tons of dollars on girls that took him for a ride :)
-Took over a year to make scripts for the store
-He built all kinds of cool websites, but never got around to getting them up and going...too busy...playing games
- Jerry ran off to Europe to hide from the IRS. Good luck coming back to the US
- Jerry did manage to bring in $50k from affiliate sales...ohhh wait, when he split, he gave boxes of unopened checks to our video editor to try and cash...never opened them or cashed them

I can go on...but it's 1am...off to bed, have to shoot tomorrow
I'm still here, still shooting

Nickatilynx
02-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Peaches@Feb 3 2005, 10:04 PM
Goos point!!!! LOL

I've done a new thread pointing to this thread :)

photogregg
02-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 4 2005, 01:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 4 2005, 01:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Feb 3 2005, 10:04 PM
Goos point!!!! LOL

I've done a new thread pointing to this thread :) [/b][/quote]
That's why I don't hang out here...all drama and no business
Course my buddy Gonzo pointed this out...so here I am still shooting like crazy for over 30 customers while Jerry is begging for work :) Someone hire him...and make sure to send him to a show...any show, anywhere

Nickatilynx
02-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by photogregg+Feb 3 2005, 10:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (photogregg @ Feb 3 2005, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Feb 4 2005, 01:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Feb 3 2005, 10:04 PM
Goos point!!!! LOL

I've done a new thread pointing to this thread :)
Course my buddy Gonzo pointed this out...so here I am still shooting like crazy for over 30 customers while Jerry is begging for work :) Someone hire him...and make sure to send him to a show...any show, anywhere [/b][/quote]
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

An admited broke ass photog , criticising me over the business on this board????

aahahahahahahaahahhahahahaahah

Nickatilynx
02-04-2005, 01:26 AM
There was no drama til you posted!!!!

ahahahahahahahahaha

you caused the drama!!!!

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are a fucking moron....

ahahahhahahahahaha

sugar
02-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Yes he is a MORON

pushpills
02-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Damn, I gotta see a pic of JerryW if photogregg is saying the models thought Jerry was the more perverted looking!

Nickatilynx
02-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 10:33 PM
Damn, I gotta see a pic of JerryW if photogregg is saying the models thought Jerry was the more perverted looking!
LOL

Isn't photogreg the one that was involved in the "no condom" scandal?

Hell Puppy
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 4 2005, 01:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 4 2005, 01:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sarettah@Feb 3 2005, 10:03 PM

dammit

What he said LOL [/b][/quote]
Hot damn!

Finally some action on my shift!

sugar
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
they were condoms sometimes. They made it the performers decision and signed a model release.

Hell Puppy
02-04-2005, 01:40 AM
In all fairness...

I must say....

Photogregg has the coolest business card I've ever seen.

SykkBoy
02-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Feb 4 2005, 01:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Feb 4 2005, 01:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 10:33 PM
LOL

Isn't photogreg the one that was involved in the "no condom" scandal? [/b][/quote]
yeah, at the Florida show, I believe...

SykkBoy
02-04-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by photogregg@Feb 4 2005, 01:20 AM

why is it when someone gets a little drama on a board, this is always the typical response...

how the fuck would know whether or not there was business to be had here? I haven't seen you post since this thread (well, since back to the "no condom, alledged dodgy tests" drama)

JoesHO
02-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by PhotoGreggXXX@Feb 3 2005, 08:35 PM

We can arrange a venue for you both to air your greivences, www.cybernetexpo.com is where www.webmasterboxing.com is being held

please icq me at 174842541 and i will get your names on the list as contestants/fighters ( unless that was a bullshit bravado type of statement )

chodadog
02-05-2005, 03:16 AM
Pretty fucking ironic that Gregg mocks Oprano for being all drama and no business when he comes into a business thread and turns it into a drama thread.

Funny shit nonetheless.

MaDalton
02-05-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Feb 3 2005, 10:33 PM
i have seen both in person and i must say that if you go just for the looks Jerry is obviously the more serious one.... :D