PDA

View Full Version : Need new cameras

squirtingcarly
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
I need to get a new digital and video camera. The ones we have now were not originally purchased for my new job and have seen better days. If you have any buying tips or suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Evil Chris
02-01-2005, 10:25 PM
based on your nick, I'd go for something waterproof :awinky:

Seriously though, I like Canon products personally.

squirtingcarly
02-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Feb 1 2005, 07:26 PM

Tell me about it, thats why they have seen better days. :lol: I guess I need to get one of those under water cameras.

gonzo
02-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Feb 1 2005, 10:26 PM

When I met her last year Chris... they were saying how the camera man got soaked 6 feet away. I called bullshit and then I saw her site!

Hell Puppy
02-01-2005, 11:27 PM
It's a question of money....

If you're serious about your stills, digital SLRs are relatively affordable these days. You cant go wrong with either a Canon Digital Rebel or a Nikon D70.

The Fat Fucking Nobodies would be happy to demo either for ya and let ya play with 'em. Err...play with the cameras that is.... We have both in the arsenal now.

Video is a bit tougher, more choices....

At this point I wouldn't consider anything that doesn't have 3 CCD if buying new....Panasonic has some that are quite affordable.

Cleo
02-02-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm very happy with my Nikon D70. When shooting action I can shoot 144 images at its highest resolution without waiting for the camera to write to its memory card.

MaDalton
02-02-2005, 10:24 AM
we are working with a Canon 20D since a few months now - it is definitely one of the best cameras for the money you can get right now. and expect the same money for the lens as you pay for the body.

for video i have a panasonic 3 chip camera since last week - nv-gs400. it's not too big, but it has a decent picture quality. and it has a ton of nice features - still not too expensive if you compare it to a XM2 or VX2100. please don't buy a single chip camera, especially not one of those small ones.

stefan

Mike AI
02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Nikon d100 is the way to go. A fine camera. It is what we use.

JFK
02-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Nikon D100 or D70 both excellent cameras. I have them both and do recommend them :rokk:

squirtingcarly
02-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Thank you EVERYONE! I have heard a lot of good things about the Nikon. I think I wll go that way for stills. Any suggestions for video? Thank you again.