PDA

View Full Version : Exploiting TO's injury

TheEnforcer
02-01-2005, 07:04 PM
How far is too far? And is it different than a defensive player?

For example. If you have a defensive lineman that has a leg injury I wouldn't heitate for a seond as a coach to run right at him and use all legal blocking techniques to put as much pressure on that injured leg as possible.

Is it ok if a receiver has an injured shoulder for example that you play a ton of bump and run and make it a point when jamming him at the line you hit that injured shoulder as hard as you can every time you play bump and run and try and jam them at the line?

Personally as long as it is within the boundaries set by the rules I have no problems with it. What say you?

Newton
02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Playing rugby never means having to say you are sorry ... punches in the scrum, fists flying into the family jewels, kicks, head stamping, headbutts, broken bones .. It's all part of the game and opponents/managers exploit that to the max if a player is injured. If they are on the field they are fair game

TheEnforcer
02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Newton@Feb 1 2005, 07:18 PM
Playing rugby never means having to say you are sorry ... punches in the scrum, fists flying into the family jewels, kicks, head stamping, headbutts, broken bones .. It's all part of the game and opponents/managers exploit that to the max if a player is injured. If they are on the field they are fair game
That's my feeling too.

Dravyk
02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Honestly ... WTF cares?!

Yes, we love OT. We love the other players too. Thank gawd this Eagles team in NO way resembles one of those teams that is built on a single player. With the possible exception of McNabb, any one player -- OT included, and obviously witnessed in the last 10 games or so -- can go out and have others well make up for the absence. This really is a team with a lot of talent and ton of Pro Bowlers.

OT will NOT be in the Bowl. And thankfully. Cause yes, the other team would knock him out of his entire career if they had the chance. And no one anywhere wants to see that, and they won't see that. Not gonna happen. And it won't effect the score one bit either.

This is not the last Super Bowl for the Eagles in the next several years. OT knows it, Coach Reid knows it, all of Philly knows it. He'll have his chance another day.

Hell, I expect to see them back next year defending their title!!

Evil Chris
02-01-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm pulling for the birds. I hope it's a good game, one for the highlight reels for years to come.

Sadly, after the Superbowl, there isn't much going on in pro sports for awhile. Baseball hasn't started, hockey is on strike... There's golf.

James_Hotmovies
02-02-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm hoping for a close game.

There has been a lot of talk of TO playing. I'd like to see him suite up, even if he doesn't play.

I know he was jumping around a lot on the sidelines at the last game to show he was mobile.

DrGuile
02-02-2005, 02:04 PM
T.O. = Totally overblown

Seriously, do you think the Eagles would have played better the last two games with TO? Not really, wouldnt have made a difference...

He will play. No way a self-centered showboating spotlight lover like him can stay away, and what's the big miracle? the normal recovery for his injury is 8-10 weeks, next sunday will be week 7. Oh My God! Its A Miracle!

And what's with saying all of this is God's plan, and God's wants him to shine on the big stage... bla bla bla BARF!

What a fucking tool!

Here is a fair question, dont you think all this shit is hurting his team/teammates?

I hope he plays, and I hope it hurts the Eagles.

DrGuile
02-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Here, now this was something

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...week/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/01/30/mmqb.sboffweek/index.html)

-----------------
Youngblood snapped his left leg in the second quarter of a 1979 playoff game at Dallas, then played the next two-and-a-half games with the leg tightly wrapped. Now, six weeks after surgery to repair a broken leg and damaged ankle ligaments, Philadelphia wideout Terrell Owens will attempt to play Sunday in Super Bowl XXXIX.
-----------------

TheEnforcer
02-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Feb 2 2005, 02:05 PM
T.O. = Totally overblown

Seriously, do you think the Eagles would have played better the last two games with TO? Not really, wouldnt have made a difference...

He will play. No way a self-centered showboating spotlight lover like him can stay away, and what's the big miracle? the normal recovery for his injury is 8-10 weeks, next sunday will be week 7. Oh My God! Its A Miracle!

And what's with saying all of this is God's plan, and God's wants him to shine on the big stage... bla bla bla BARF!

What a fucking tool!

Here is a fair question, dont you think all this shit is hurting his team/teammates?

I hope he plays, and I hope it hurts the Eagles.
Bravo!!!

The Eagles and Minnesota can have selfish ego-maniacs like Owens and Randy Moss. I'll take great receivers and great teammates like Javon Walker and Marvin Harrison on my team any time before I'd want to suffer a fool like Owens or Moss.

Dravyk
02-03-2005, 03:54 AM
You guys just want me to hurt you, don't you? <_<

TheEnforcer
02-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 03:55 AM
No, but if I was playing corner for New England I'd step right on Owens ankle the very first play of the game!! :rokk:

DrGuile
02-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Feb 3 2005, 12:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Feb 3 2005, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 03:55 AM
No, but if I was playing corner for New England I'd step right on Owens ankle the very first play of the game!! :rokk: [/b][/quote]
That's a given...

What I really hope is that Harrison takes the blow that Freddie Mitchell deserves, and gives it to TO :P

TO will then be TKO :)

TheEnforcer
02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Feb 3 2005, 01:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Feb 3 2005, 01:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Feb 3 2005, 12:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Feb 3 2005, 03:55 AM
No, but if I was playing corner for New England I'd step right on Owens ankle the very first play of the game!! :rokk:
That's a given...

What I really hope is that Harrison takes the blow that Freddie Mitchell deserves, and gives it to TO :P

TO will then be TKO :) [/b][/quote]
They're both fools...