PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Mykonos?

Biggy
02-01-2005, 04:53 AM
I'm planning a 10-day trip to Europe in Mid-March. I am flying to Florence, Italy from NY, and was interested in hearing the best places to travel to. Mykonos seems on my list, any other recommendations. I'm thinking about Amsterdam, or Spain as well. I'm not so much a "site-seeing" kind of person, I'd rather visit warm weather places, beautiful beaches, etc....

Post pics if you have any - this is my first trip Europe and looking to get out of it as much as possible. I've heard from friends Mykonos, Greece is amazing.

Newton
02-01-2005, 05:06 AM
Luxembourg (luxembourg city) if you can swing it, a melting pot of all the europeans, intensely beautiful and built on the remains of a huge castle and its grounds.

I would also suggest Marbella as its my second home, but Barcelona would be the one to visit in Spain, stunning architecture and beautiful weather. Also Ibiza

Belgium ignore that place ... and England

Anywhere in Italy is cool

France, avoid Paris its all dogshit and chewing gum on the streets. The countryside is gorgeous though, especially in the St Marie del la mer area deep in the south and great beaches, but summer is severe mosquito infestations.

Germany, Cologne, Frankfurt, Berlin for the scenery

Greece is always cool pretty much wherever you go there

Almighty Colin
02-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Jesse and I are talking about going to Greece next year. I've read a lot of ancient greek history the past year so I'm definitely piqued.

MaDalton
02-01-2005, 08:56 AM
yes, i have been on Mykonos. it's a beautiful place and definitely worth a visit.

but attention: it is also known for the large gay community and their beaches - don't wonder if you see just naked guys with woodys running around :lol:

girlgeek
02-01-2005, 08:57 AM
Just spent two weeks in Greece during November. All of the islands are beautiful. I think you will love Mykonos, but check out Santorini too. If you are interested in the most famous of ruins, you have to fly over to Athens. It's really nice after the Olympics renovation and the people are awesome.

Northern Spain is gorgeous and one of my favorites. Amsterdam is something you have to see at least once, but everything is very $$$.

That's a lot of places to see in 10 days, might want to try and swing a few extra ones. :awinky: