PDA

View Full Version : What Browser are you Using

Titan
01-31-2005, 07:44 AM
at the moment im using IE but im running firefox on my second machine

For one thing ive noticed with my forums work - firefox loads forums a lot quicker - IE seems to have some slowness problems associated with the way it laods up frames . and sessions on forums

Evil Chris
01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi Titan,

I haven't noticed a speed issue between the two. Firefox seems to pre-load and dump, while IE does a progressive load.

But I'm sticking to IE because Firefox doesn't manage cookies well at all.

NickPapageorgio
01-31-2005, 02:18 PM
I am using FireFox because it's the "Vogue" I guess. I don't know. I used IE for years and just switched the FF the end of last year. Got used to it and I love it now. It was a bit slow at first but after the last update speeds picked up considerably I thought. Basically it's just navigator with a different colored dress on right?

chodadog
01-31-2005, 02:20 PM
Microsoft should really introduce tabbed browsing to IE. I know there are third party plugins that allow for this, but tabbed browsing is becoming a welcome feature of other browsers. Microsoft should definitley jump in on the bandwagon.

I like that Firefox uses way less memory than IE and it seems to render pages faster than IE. Also, i think anything that provides some real competition in the browser market can only be a good thing.

DrGuile
01-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by chodadog@Jan 31 2005, 02:21 PM

I like that Firefox uses way less memory than IE

Not in my own experience...

I have both running right now:

IE: 26M ram, 14 of VM

FF: 34M ram, 25 of VM

depends what in them, duh, but still....

Titan
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
yeah well all views are welcome here .. i guess i should try out firefox - the tabbed browsing issue is definetly one im interested in :)

RyanLanane
01-31-2005, 03:23 PM
You want the best tabbed browsing system with a incredible setup? I kid you nto this is the BEST browser I have ever used... Maxthon !

http://www.maxthon.com

The tabbed browsing is sweet... They aren't tabs but they are... It is really hard to explain, you can "Skin" it to your liking, very customizable. Seriously drop dead the best browser I have ever used in 10 years of on-line surfing ;)

Coldmeat
02-01-2005, 01:27 AM
My browser of choice is FF, but I still both FF & IE when doing design work.

Almighty Colin
02-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Netscape 7.2.

Is Firefox better than Netscape for some reason?

Titan
02-01-2005, 05:52 AM
colin firefox is faster and lighter than any of the other browsers out there according to a review it got in a uk pc magazine

johnshinil
02-01-2005, 03:10 PM
FireFox. No headaches!

Regards,

JohnShinil.

KevinG
02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I use IE as my primary browser just out of habit and also because it still has the largest market share, so it's good to see what your sites look like to the majority of the world.

I have Netscape for two reasons - to see how my sites look in it and for when IE does some retarded crap that makes me feel like throwing my chair through the screen.

I have to get Firefox as all my geek friends say it's the shit.

Titan
02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
yeah i installed firefox just tonight and im liking the tabbed browsing is a great idea and it seems to display only slightly different than internet explorer has so ill see how it goes i still have IE on standby if needed