PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Nickatilynx
01-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Anyone want to help redesign the NEW Oprano?

We are open to ideas.

Even though I love Todds Daliesque header. Maybe time for a change?

I think we need more and better slots for advertisers :) (of course)

I would like to have links to the Titan's SEO and Joe Traffics , Traffic Forum from the main board cause I see a great future in those areas either as one forum or a combo.( it can be done at the moment but it would look messy.)

And if the price was right (ie 0.00 ) I think it would only be fair to give credit for the design on Oprano to who ever carried out the renovation. ;-)))

Any one got any ideas?

We are open to suggestion?s??

NickPapageorgio
01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
I can lend a hand but I am currently under a mountain of work. How soon did you want to have it done NicK?

Nickatilynx
01-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Jan 28 2005, 11:23 AM
I can lend a hand but I am currently under a mountain of work. How soon did you want to have it done NicK?
No rush , Nick.

Looking for people's suggestions and Ideas , but would love to have you do it man.

pushpills
01-28-2005, 02:36 PM
There could be a picture slideshow on part of it with the members faces.

of course, this would make the alexa rating go way down.

NickPapageorgio
01-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I would be more than happy to contribute to the place that has brought me more business in 2 months than the zoo did in 8. :) Let's get some ideas going around folks. Color schemes, graphical elements etc. If you're going to redo it you may as well redo it all the way right?

Nickatilynx
01-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jan 28 2005, 11:37 AM
There could be a picture slideshow on part of it with the members faces.

of course, this would make the alexa rating go way down.
LOL

I certainly like the idea of a photoalbum.

Maybe give each member a page to describe themselves and there products too in there profile.

I just really think there is so much cool stuff we could add in and make the place even better.

Basically What Nick said.

I would be more than happy to contribute to the place that has brought me more business in 2 months than the zoo did in 8. Let's get some ideas going around folks. Color schemes, graphical elements etc. If you're going to redo it you may as well redo it all the way right?

Nick I am sure that I speak for all Oprano when I say that we are so pleased you joined in here.

TheEnforcer
01-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm sure something can be done. I've heard good things about Nick's work.

Mike AI
01-28-2005, 03:21 PM
NickP does good work.

He did thebellyflop.com !!

:okthumb:

gonzo
01-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Heres a good way to get ideas flowing AND a bit of sport.

We are always looking for new slogans and banner ideas. So maybe thats a good place to start on a facelift concept. I like the photogallery idea...Id like to steal it for Oprano Plus.

And everyone loves teeshirts and such eh?

We could run a teeshirt contest as well.

2 things that are easy to get started and helps push toward the end goal.

Ive given a couple of ideas to PappaG but Im interested in hearing from others. THe people that post here most frequently determing the tone and course of Oprano.

Thoughts?

SykkBoy
01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Jan 28 2005, 03:48 PM
Heres a good way to get ideas flowing AND a bit of sport.

We are always looking for new slogans and banner ideas. So maybe thats a good place to start on a facelift concept. I like the photogallery idea...Id like to steal it for Oprano Plus.

And everyone loves teeshirts and such eh?

We could run a teeshirt contest as well.

2 things that are easy to get started and helps push toward the end goal.

Ive given a couple of ideas to PappaG but Im interested in hearing from others. THe people that post here most frequently determing the tone and course of Oprano.

Thoughts?
rainbows, there's needs to be lots of fucking rainbows.......

Newton
01-28-2005, 04:10 PM
If you bling it they will come. :salute:

Winetalk.com
01-28-2005, 04:57 PM
can you save the old design somewhere?
I need it for the new
http://talkdali.com board
;)

Winetalk.com
01-28-2005, 05:58 PM
..which was registered 10 mins ago..
thnaks for the idea Gonzo!

DrGuile
01-28-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 28 2005, 04:01 PM
rainbows, there's needs to be lots of fucking rainbows.......

<---------

I know ;)

DrGuile
01-28-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jan 28 2005, 02:18 PM

And if the price was right (ie 0.00 )
You get what you pay for you cheap pikey bastard

Winetalk.com
01-28-2005, 06:15 PM
No, I AM CHEAPER!!!

I'll wait 'til they drop the old design and pick it for free!
;)

Titan
01-28-2005, 06:50 PM
nick if youre giong to change .. take the leap to Vbulletin
im sure me and my guys at forumsmanager.com can add quite a lot for you to oprano adswise , feature wise and style wise :)

Mike AI
01-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Titan@Jan 28 2005, 06:51 PM
nick if youre giong to change .. take the leap to Vbulletin
im sure me and my guys at forumsmanager.com can add quite a lot for you to oprano adswise , feature wise and style wise :)

Good advice!!

Titan
01-28-2005, 07:28 PM
one main advantage to teh vbulletin licence is firstly good support - secound - an active community of features hackers - people who make features for free on vbulletin.org and third the SEO of vbulletin with a few tweaks can be very good and the archiving is good too

my sites forum archives get hit a lot by the spiders and indexed

Anthony
01-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Jan 28 2005, 11:23 AM
WHAT?!

You have free time? What is this bullshit! We must send you more work!

$tanDaMan
01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
http://dev.nastraforum.com/ nick i see you in something like this :)))

lmk if u want us to work on this.

NickPapageorgio
01-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Anthony+Jan 29 2005, 09:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anthony @ Jan 29 2005, 09:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Jan 28 2005, 11:23 AM
WHAT?!

You have free time? What is this bullshit! We must send you more work! [/b][/quote]
Absolutely!!! I sent you an ICQ message asking if you had anything else. I am taking this weekend off...(sort of)... hit me up Monday. :)

mazinger z
01-29-2005, 05:01 PM
http://www.contentshack.com/maoi/portfolio/index.htm

ABOVE LINK IS MY SAMPLE WORK. I AM A DESIGNER SO PLS HIT ME UP TO MY ICQ 196 544 382 IF YOU NEED A ONE. :rolleyes:

mazinger z
01-29-2005, 05:02 PM

ABOVE LINK IS MY SAMPLE WORK. I AM A DESIGNER SO PLS HIT ME UP TO MY ICQ 196 544 382 IF YOU NEED A ONE. :rolleyes:

Hell Puppy
01-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by mazinger z@Jan 29 2005, 05:03 PM

You need to check into something we call the "caps lock" key...

Anthony
01-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio+Jan 29 2005, 12:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NickPapageorgio @ Jan 29 2005, 12:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Anthony@Jan 29 2005, 09:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NickPapageorgio@Jan 28 2005, 11:23 AM
WHAT?!

You have free time? What is this bullshit! We must send you more work!
Absolutely!!! I sent you an ICQ message asking if you had anything else. I am taking this weekend off...(sort of)... hit me up Monday. :) [/b][/quote]
Bro,

Enjoy your weekend man! We love your work. :)

cj
01-30-2005, 02:27 AM
I really like the existing design ...... but seeing that serge isn't going to let it go to waste then I guess a change wouldn't be a bad idea.

If you are considering a change to go with the direction oprano is taking, maybe something related to bringing the family network together.

What about a design contest? Entrants have to design 1 page with the 'look' of the site and the winner gets ........ ummm ....... paid for their work!??!! :biglaugh:

Opti
01-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Slam a new header on the top with better ads spots in it and leave the rest as is I say.. I like the colours of Oprano as they are... and like the way this script works much more than the Vbulliten sites... particularly the lastest version with all the javascripted drop down menu links.

Have you seen this plug-in for this board Guys?
http://www.invisionblog.com/

Sounds like it will handle the personal profile pages Nick spoke of and its only about 50 bucks I think.

and they also have this that integrates with existing member logins and lets everyone have a photoalbum.. or contribute to a joint one
http://www.invisiongallery.com/

gonzo
01-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Opti@Jan 30 2005, 08:34 AM
Slam a new header on the top with better ads spots in it and leave the rest as is I say.. I like the colours of Oprano as they are... and like the way this script works much more than the Vbulliten sites... particularly the lastest version with all the javascripted drop down menu links.

Have you seen this plug-in for this board Guys?
http://www.invisionblog.com/

Sounds like it will handle the personal profile pages Nick spoke of and its only about 50 bucks I think.

and they also have this that integrates with existing member logins and lets everyone have a photoalbum.. or contribute to a joint one
http://www.invisiongallery.com/
Nice heads up on 2 plug ins for our existing script.
We are evaluating the options now.

I will say its my belief that with Vbulletin when you start adding those mods on it you open up security holes each time you add one it.

Based on some of the tom foolery we had on here the other night. I dont know that this is a good idea.

I defer to Technick for input on this subject.

TheEnforcer
01-30-2005, 12:26 PM
Cool stuff Opti. That could give some serious value to the board. I like this script myself. While I like the existing design I do believe change is in order. With new owners comes a new and different vision while trying to take what worked well in the past but also at the same time putting their own personal stamp on it to move forward and give it their distinct feel along with the new sense of direction.

Lee
01-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Nick,

Are you keeping Invision Board running on Oprano or are you going to transition the forum script to VBulletin?

That is going to be what makes the ultimate choice in designer imho as a lot of designers are great at doing either VB or Invision but not both.

If you do transition to VB i would suggest you speak to Webinc, they do good work and they have actually done a few board designs for us in the past.

Also, some guys called Mammy from reflectedideas.net has done some kick-ass resource designs for us in the past.

Titan
01-30-2005, 01:37 PM
the co owner of oprano can more than handle installs and theyve got someone for the design ..

Vbulletin is by far the best option - Features wise it can match and outstrip phpbb and invision by a long way as far as custom profile pages weve done that on babesandstuff if the hack cant be found a custom one is not hard at all and ill put u guys in touch with my coder

Opti
01-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Titan@Jan 31 2005, 04:38 AM
the co owner of oprano can more than handle installs
Gonzo or Nick can do technical shit????? :yowsa:

or is there other co-owners here now I dont know about?

TheEnforcer
01-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Opti+Jan 30 2005, 01:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Jan 30 2005, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Titan@Jan 31 2005, 04:38 AM

or is there other co-owners here now I dont know about? [/b][/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Titan
01-30-2005, 02:44 PM
well maybe someones brother can ;) lol

gonzo
01-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Opti+Jan 30 2005, 01:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Jan 30 2005, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Titan@Jan 31 2005, 04:38 AM

or is there other co-owners here now I dont know about? [/b][/quote]
Damn...Id better toss all those old IT jobs Ive had in the past.

Kevin come pick up this forensic data recovery certification I got....

Now design skills ... I have none.

Opti
01-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jan 31 2005, 06:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jan 31 2005, 06:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Opti@Jan 30 2005, 01:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Titan@Jan 31 2005, 04:38 AM

Now design skills ... I have none. [/b][/quote]
My Bad! Sorry to have underestimated you Gonz :zoinks:

gonzo
01-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Opti+Jan 30 2005, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Jan 30 2005, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Jan 31 2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Opti@Jan 30 2005, 01:56 PM

My Bad! Sorry to have underestimated you Gonz :zoinks: [/b][/quote]
Its ok Opti.... last 7 months I havent hit a techincal lick.... Bishop has me washing dogs and painting barns.

mazinger z
01-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jan 29 2005, 02:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jan 29 2005, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-mazinger z@Jan 29 2005, 05:03 PM

You need to check into something we call the "caps lock" key...[/b][/quote]
Oki will do use what you call the "caps lock" key.

mazinger z
01-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jan 28 2005, 11:18 AM

We are open to ideas.

I would like to have links to the Titan's SEO and Joe Traffics , Traffic Forum from the main board cause I see a great future in those areas either as one forum or a combo.( it can be done at the moment but it would look messy.)

And if the price was right (ie 0.00 ) I think it would only be fair to give credit for the design on Oprano to who ever carried out the renovation. ;-)))

Any one got any ideas?

Mr Nick can i help too re design Oprano? :rolleyes:

gonzo
01-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by mazinger z+Jan 30 2005, 07:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mazinger z @ Jan 30 2005, 07:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Jan 28 2005, 11:18 AM

We are open to ideas.

Any one got any ideas?

Mr Nick can i help too re design Oprano? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
If its free its for me.

Hell Puppy
01-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Opti+Jan 30 2005, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Jan 30 2005, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Jan 31 2005, 06:08 AM

My Bad! Sorry to have underestimated you Gonz :zoinks: [/b][/quote]
GonZo has plenty of tech skills....as long as you dont mind everything stored in the root directory.

gonzo
01-31-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Jan 31 2005, 12:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Jan 31 2005, 12:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Opti@Jan 30 2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Jan 31 2005, 06:08 AM

My Bad! Sorry to have underestimated you Gonz :zoinks:
GonZo has plenty of tech skills....as long as you dont mind everything stored in the root directory. [/b][/quote]
I know exactly where to look for it at!