PDA

View Full Version : Using Skype?

fraggle
01-27-2005, 06:34 PM
Who uses Skype for free VOIP calls?

ive been using it lots recently - especially as my business partner travels allot - keeps the business bills down :)

www.skype.com

My handle is fraggle_tim if you really want to test drive it :))

Nickatilynx
01-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah its is good.

I've been using it too now.

Raven
01-27-2005, 06:42 PM
We've been looking into VoiP.

I don't know why I feel like a reluctant virgin. I know I want it, but.....

TheEnforcer
01-27-2005, 07:12 PM
I use http://www.packet8.net and I LOVE it $20.55 a month with un,limited US/Canada calling. Has all the bells and whistles you could ask for too. 3-way calling, call waiting, caller ID, voicemail, etc...

If you decide to do it let me know and maybe I can get a referral credit!! :agrin:

cj
01-27-2005, 08:16 PM
TE, what does packet8 have that skype doesn't?

TheEnforcer
01-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Honestly don't know as I haven't checked out skype yet. Got Packet 8 quite a while ago and have been happy as all hell with it.

Skype seems like it would be good to call and chat with people like you my dear and not pay a dime. :>)) Not sure if it has 3-way, call waiting, caller id, etc like Packet8 does.

RyanLanane
01-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jan 27 2005, 04:13 PM
I use http://www.packet8.net and I LOVE it $20.55 a month with un,limited US/Canada calling. Has all the bells and whistles you could ask for too. 3-way calling, call waiting, caller ID, voicemail, etc...

If you decide to do it let me know and maybe I can get a referral credit!! :agrin:
At $.02 per minute for US/Canada calls and cheap as hell skype rates I think Skype is much better.. Also if you have another skype user a P2P connection over the net is FREE. If you are going to talk on your computer phone making more than 1,000 minutes in the US/Canda than the other program might be better for that, but really why would you with everyone having a cell phone nowadays...

Another thing if you were having problems making international calls, download the new version of skype, fixed ALL of my problems

Ryan

andymike
01-27-2005, 09:31 PM
i tried it for a while... when i used to have weekly meetings with our models. Was a nice little program, until my friend started calling, then hanging up. lol

then i missed having a cord to strangle him with.