PDA

View Full Version : Why pay for a feed...

gonzo
01-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Ive got a new project that Im very close to promoting...[and Im damned excited about it]...

We realized that our existing feed deal was about to expire and we started pricing feeds to suppliment the members area.

Then along came Colin with his Almighty branding.

Yesterday we added Colins feeds to one of the sites and plan on adding it into the other one as soon as the new graphics are done.

I have to ask myself why in the hell would I pay for a feed when I can add in Colin's that are not only free but they pay me 30%?

Ive looked at what he gives away to surfers and I must say its quite a value all alone.... I know the members wont be able to resist buying the upsell after seeing how these feed both look and work.

Colin I am looking forward to adding more to my bottom line by using the Almighty... question is why would anyone pay for a feed when they can get yours that pay them?

Yes Colin is an advertiser on Oprano but I say this from a pay site perspective. You can add to your members area content and to your bottom line by signing up.

The rebranding helped me remember I needed to do this and I like what I see so far.

Titan
01-26-2005, 02:34 PM
i was talking to colin today about using his feeds on my members area and to be honest i thought my members area was too small and colin - good guy that he is assured me they are happy to get into any members area so im going to be integrating it into our site next week at the latest

DrGuile
01-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes, stuff like Collin's and privatefeeds.com are easy sells.

- How much are your feeds?

- Uh.... free....

-Really? Great

- Actually we'll pay you a fair amount of money for having them.

- ..... how come Im not using them already?!?!?

- ahahahah, let's go get plastered!

TheEnforcer
01-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Pretty much says it all I think. If they were shit that would be one thing but they are quality so it just makes sense to use em.

Almighty Colin
01-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Gonzo! Where's the "blushing" smiley?

I changed my tagline after you asked that, Titan ;-)

Dr Guile. Speaking of which let's have a drink next show.

Thanks, Enforcer. Means a lot to us that you think that. "Quality" is our goal. Its' the .. errr .. prime directive ;-)

Titan
01-26-2005, 03:11 PM
haha so i see bro :) its good to ask dumb questions i guess

gonzo
01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Jan 26 2005, 02:44 PM
Yes, stuff like Collin's and privatefeeds.com are easy sells.

- How much are your feeds?

- Uh.... free....

-Really? Great

- Actually we'll pay you a fair amount of money for having them.

- ..... how come Im not using them already?!?!?

- ahahahah, let's go get plastered!
Privatefeeds is a sweet deal as well. But no new branding for you yet!

cj
01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Private Feeds I never added, not because of anything to do with the feeds, I just stopped doing any updates at all to the paysites AGES ago ... but both companies are so easy to add, no reason not to have them.

Colin, do you also allow AVS or anything that isn't technically a paysite? ie, as long as its behind a password area?

I forgot totally about my paysites until I got 2 $50 checks in a row from colin the last 2 months LOL

Gravy ;-)

Almighty Colin
01-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by cj@Jan 26 2005, 08:15 PM
Colin, do you also allow AVS or anything that isn't technically a paysite? ie, as long as its behind a password area?
Yup and email me if you want to talk dirty ;-) ;-)

DrGuile
01-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by cj@Jan 26 2005, 08:15 PM

Not to try and steal anything away, but just to point out, privatefeeds can be used anywhere... free sites, tgps, etc.... we have some cool marketing tools

JoesHO
01-26-2005, 08:45 PM
what do I need to do to add them to www.giselleyum.com ?
we have been waiting on visa to approve the site for like three weeks now from ccbill
we had to fix a couple things like a link or something like that.. but I definatly want to add almighty to the members area

I have a couple other sites cooking as well ....

can you get wiht me tommorrow Colin so we can get it added to this first one?

JoesHO
01-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Jan 26 2005, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Jan 26 2005, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Jan 26 2005, 08:15 PM

Not to try and steal anything away, but just to point out, privatefeeds can be used anywhere... free sites, tgps, etc.... we have some cool marketing tools [/b][/quote]
we have 40 tgp's one of them is www.69aa.com can we add you feeds to this? and if so how, I would like to do that tommorrow as well.

Almighty Colin
01-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jan 26 2005, 08:46 PM
what do I need to do to add them to www.giselleyum.com ?
we have been waiting on visa to approve the site for like three weeks now from ccbill
we had to fix a couple things like a link or something like that.. but I definatly want to add almighty to the members area

I have a couple other sites cooking as well ....

can you get wiht me tommorrow Colin so we can get it added to this first one?
Yeah, I'll be here all day. :rokk:

cj
01-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 26 2005, 08:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 26 2005, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Jan 26 2005, 08:15 PM
Yup and email me if you want to talk dirty ;-) ;-) [/b][/quote]
:groucho:

Gonzo, Nick and I are up to the same sneaky thing I mentioned the other day LOL

OLD SKOOL!! :lol:

TheEnforcer
01-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 26 2005, 02:54 PM

Thanks, Enforcer. Means a lot to us that you think that. "Quality" is our goal. Its' the .. errr .. prime directive ;-)
Hahahaha.. :>))

Almighty Colin
01-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Jan 26 2005, 09:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Jan 26 2005, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Almighty Colin@Jan 26 2005, 02:54 PM

Hahahaha.. :>)) [/b][/quote]
Tried to sneak that in there. Hopefully no one else caught it. :-P