PDA

View Full Version : Here's your chance Bush backers...

NickPapageorgio
01-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Ok here you go, here is your chance to convert a non-believer. So far during his presidency, what has Dubya done for the good of my country? You can't mention that he has made America safer as it's obvious by the hatred of our nation throughout the world, now more than ever, that this isn't true. Hell last week we had some Chinese nationals slip across the border with a dirty bomb some news agencies have said. We know that we aren't safer so that argument's out. Also, don't mention how we liberated the people of Iraq either. Those people aren't free. Anyone that backs the democratic movement is kidnapped and killed. The new regime is just as bad as the old when it comes to torture, lies and deception, so don't feed me the liberation/democracy garbage either. Infact, I would like to keep this conversation free of anything to do with the war on terrorism. What has Dubya done for me?

He did send me some $500 tax refund thing. That should make up for putting me and my kids in danger if I travel abroad. :rolleyes:

We took out Saddam and pissed of the world. Has he done anything else worth mentioning?

Educate me folks, I once was blind but now I'm found and all that jazz...

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 03:33 PM
Nick you are any angry man. Might I suggest moveon.org, I think you will fit right in!!

Please do not get discouraged, keep up the good fight!!

Almighty Colin
01-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Nick,

Impossible task. There's nothing new under the Republican sun. Democrats want to live in one kind of world, Republicans another. Subject to change every 4 years,

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Please be more accurate in posts as well.

It should be Bush Backer. I think I am the only one on Oprano.

I get to keep all the joy to myself!!

:bdance:

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
NickP, as far as the tax cut, if you would have made more money you would have gotten back far more then $500.

The capital gains cut alone has become a beautiful thing!

DrGuile
01-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 26 2005, 04:27 PM
NickP, as far as the tax cut, if you would have made more money you would have gotten back far more then $500.

Lets make it a bullet point list! To be able to keep track of all these reasons... More money to the already well off.

:biglaugh:

Vick
01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Jan 26 2005, 04:32 PM
Let make it a bullet point list! To be able to keep track... More money to the already well off.

and the problem with that is? B)

Poor people are used to being poor,
any possibility of less income is more of a hardship to the non-poor

Cue "Head like a Hole"

God money’s not looking for the cure.
God money’s not concerned with the sick among the pure.
God money let’s go dancing on the backs of the bruised.
God money’s not one to choose
No you can’t take it
No you can’t take it
No you can’t take that away from me

Feed the Homeless to the hungry
Solve 2 problems
and I'd bet there would be a lot less of both quickly

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Jan 26 2005, 04:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Jan 26 2005, 04:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jan 26 2005, 04:32 PM
Let make it a bullet point list! To be able to keep track...
More money to the already well off.

Cue "Head like a Hole"

No you can’t take it
No you can’t take it

Solve 2 problems
and I'd bet there would be a lot less of both quickly [/b][/quote]

Of course he has a problem with is, he is a Candian!

HAHAHA

They want the rest of the world to be taxed like them!!

I am far from well off, the only way I can get to being well off is by limiting the amount of money gov't takes out of MY paychecks!!

That is why income taxs are so bad, they penalize income earners.... Well off people like Kerry's wife don't pay income tax, they have no income - their $$ comes in from capial gains.

Income tax 37% vs Capital Gains tax of 15% That is a nice spread.

NickPapageorgio
01-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 26 2005, 01:27 PM

I couldn't make more money Mike. The man was holding me down. :D

So far no real conclusive answers in this thread. :( I am disappointed.

NickPapageorgio
01-26-2005, 04:50 PM
So far I have come away from this thread with one reason Bush has been good for my country. He makes the rich richer. Keep em coming folks, I am one ignorant son of a bitch. :)

Vick
01-26-2005, 04:57 PM
NickP
The outstanding thing about Bush in the last 2 Presidential elections was .....

He wasn't the other guy

That being said I'm still of the opinion I am the only person fit to be President of the USA

I'll tell you upfront my agenda, to put more $ in my pocket :unsure: :P

DrGuile
01-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 26 2005, 04:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 26 2005, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Vick@Jan 26 2005, 04:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jan 26 2005, 04:32 PM

Cue "Head like a Hole"

No you can’t take it
No you can’t take it

Solve 2 problems
and I'd bet there would be a lot less of both quickly

Of course he has a problem with is, he is a Candian!

HAHAHA

They want the rest of the world to be taxed like them!!

I am far from well off, the only way I can get to being well off is by limiting the amount of money gov't takes out of MY paychecks!!

That is why income taxs are so bad, they penalize income earners.... Well off people like Kerry's wife don't pay income tax, they have no income - their $$ comes in from capial gains.

Income tax 37% vs Capital Gains tax of 15% That is a nice spread. [/b][/quote]
You guys are crazy...

I didnt say I was against it. I just said we needed a bullet point list to keep all these great arguments from getting tangled up and confused....

Hold on to your hat for the crazy statement of the day: I think taxes are MUCH too high in canada/quebec.

The biggest problem is that we could do exactly what we do now (same services, probably better), but there is WAY too much mismanagement and overhead. What needs to be done is to make government (and city) employees accountable for their actions. Highly place civil employees have ton of decisional power over large sums of money and are never under public scrutiny, never have to be re-elected, etc....
That's a major beef I have...

Three kids are talking at recess,

kid 1: My dad is the fastest! He's a cab driver. He finishes work at 5pm and is home by 5:30

Kid 2: That's nothing! My dad is much faster! He's a race car driver! He finishes at 5 and is home by 5:15!

Kid 3: Pffft... that's lame, my dad is easily the fastest....

Kid 1-2: Really? What does he do?

Kid 3: He works for the city, he finishes at 5pm, he's home at 4:45pm

NickPapageorgio
01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Vick@Jan 26 2005, 01:58 PM
NickP
The outstanding thing about Bush in the last 2 Presidential elections was .....

He wasn't the other guy

That being said I'm still of the opinion I am the only person fit to be President of the USA

I'll tell you upfront my agenda, to put more $ in my pocket :unsure: :P
Does everyone like NickP better than the entire thing? I was thinking about changing my email addresses and shit so that it isn't so hard on people and maybe a bit easier to remember. I notice alot of people using the NickP shortcut. (WTF was I thinking with Papageorgio anyway lmao)

Hell yeah Vick go for it. I'll vote for you. Will there be any WMD on your agenda?

grimm
01-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 26 2005, 12:34 PM
Nick you are any angry man. Might I suggest moveon.org, I think you will fit right in!!

Please do not get discouraged, keep up the good fight!!
Im just curious what we did to piss of those chinese nationals. crazy... that part of china does not act on its own. So what part, if any did the chinese regime play in that effort?

grimm
01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 26 2005, 01:27 PM

DEfinitely agree on the capital gains cut, that was out of control. The idea that im not going to get gouged, and am encouraged to hold on to my stock longer, thus stablizing the market., a thing of beauty.

But the worrysome thing about deficit spending is yeah, that tax cut down from 44-50% was nice. but are we going to have to make it up on the back end?

grimm
01-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile+Jan 26 2005, 01:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrGuile @ Jan 26 2005, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jan 26 2005, 04:27 PM

Lets make it a bullet point list! To be able to keep track of all these reasons... More money to the already well off.

:biglaugh: [/b][/quote]
thats not the only thing.. the capital gains deal goes from the floor to the ceiling... encouraging saving of money and a flux of money in the markets. The Earned income tax credit rewards when spending decreases.

as far as Bush's home economic policy.. he is not your usual republican. He spends more like a democrat.

His faith based initiatives, although i don't like the fine line theya re treading on church and state at all, are attacking several problems that are of democratic interest (welfare, schools, crime) from a parent down level. Initiating social programs to effect change in how families interact with their children, upping the standards of teachers in childrens schools (so much so that his own daughter couldn t get a job;). This is a much better thing than throwing money at a problem.

Not that there is anything wrong with spending money, as long as it is the meat and not the fat, I have no problem with my taxable income. (except of course when it comes time to write the check)

I am not opposed to war. I agree with WHY we are in iraq, and it makes perfect strategical sense.. but i do not like the way the American People handle fear. And i do not like any administration that uses fear to push other agendas. I like honesty. I like a well laid out plan for war.

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the chuckles Grimm!!

grimm
01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
hey Mike.. i was being serious. That was an accurate argument for the plans already in place under this administration for the domestic economy and social programs.

I don't get how that was humerous, sorry. (and i didn't even say one bad thing about Bush;)

What is your stance on anything, if you have one?

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Jan 26 2005, 05:46 PM
hey Mike.. i was being serious. That was an accurate argument for the plans already in place under this administration for the domestic economy and social programs.

I don't get how that was humerous, sorry. (and i didn't even say one bad thing about Bush;)

It was funny because your underlying assumptions have led you astray. it's ok, we are all led astray.

grimm
01-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 26 2005, 02:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 26 2005, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Jan 26 2005, 05:46 PM

It was funny because your underlying assumptions have led you astray. it's ok, we are all led astray. [/b][/quote]
which assumptions, how astray, id be interested to hear something specific:)

not just recycled smoke;)..come on, hang em out there, tell us how you really feel. be proactive, not reactive. Its easy to sit back and field questions to answer with pat answers. ;) time to stop eating spoon fed baby food and cook your own meal :lol:

Almighty Colin
01-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by NickPapageorgio@Jan 26 2005, 05:01 PM

Does everyone like NickP better than the entire thing?
Yes

Rolo
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I´m not sure Bush will go down in history as someone to remember - he simply lacks the charisma and vision of a great leader. But the same can be said about Al Gore/John Kerry, and this is why Bush will be here until 2008... he didn´t win the elections, because of the things he said... He won because, out of 293 million people in the US the democrats choosed 2 people with even less charisma and vision than Bush - and I think that is an even more scary thought than Bush :unsure:

Vick
01-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Jan 26 2005, 07:46 PM
out of 293 million people in the US the democrats choose 2 people with even less charisma and vision than Bush - and I think that is an even more scary thought than Bush

:pearl:

Of course I said something similar before

NickP - it's shorter than NickPapageorgio
WMD's um hell yeah. The USA needs them, no one else does though
:unsure:

aeon
01-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Jan 26 2005, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Jan 26 2005, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-DrGuile@Jan 26 2005, 04:32 PM

Cue "Head like a Hole"

No you can’t take it
No you can’t take it

Solve 2 problems
and I'd bet there would be a lot less of both quickly[/b][/quote]
Head like a hole
Black as your soul
I'd rather die, than give you control
:okthumb:

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Rolo@Jan 26 2005, 07:46 PM
I´m not sure Bush will go down in history as someone to remember - he simply lacks the charisma and vision of a great leader. But the same can be said about Al Gore/John Kerry, and this is why Bush will be here until 2008... he didn´t win the elections, because of the things he said... He won because, out of 293 million people in the US the democrats choosed 2 people with even less charisma and vision than Bush - and I think that is an even more scary thought than Bush :unsure:

Come now. Being a successful President is not based on charisma.

Clinton had tons of charisma, but history will judge him as a status quo President. He did nothing major, and never pusehd for any major change in the world, or the country. ( but for his wifes attempt to socialize medicine). He will be remembered for being impeached and getting a BJ from a chubby intern.

Bush, even if you hate the man and his polices, is not a status quo President. Bush is pushing very hard to shape the future in dramatic ways, not only in foreign policy - with the Bush Doctrine, but also in domestic issues. Trying to take on Social Security reform, and major tax overhaul is HUGE. If he accomplishes just on of these things it would be major.

Bush's policies may suck, but he has confronted major issues and has tried to shape them the way he sees fit. Bush is a visionary President who thinks he can change the world. There are not many Presidents who have this view, and fewer who accomplished it.

The funny thing is that his dad, was like Clinton - a status quo, keep the shop straight kind of President. No vision at all.

Bush will go down as one of the most influential President of all times - not only in US but world stage.

NickPapageorgio
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 26 2005, 07:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 26 2005, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rolo@Jan 26 2005, 07:46 PM

Come now. Being a successful President is not based on charisma.

Clinton had tons of charisma, but history will judge him as a status quo President. He did nothing major, and never pusehd for any major change in the world, or the country. ( but for his wifes attempt to socialize medicine). He will be remembered for being impeached and getting a BJ from a chubby intern.

Bush, even if you hate the man and his polices, is not a status quo President. Bush is pushing very hard to shape the future in dramatic ways, not only in foreign policy - with the Bush Doctrine, but also in domestic issues. Trying to take on Social Security reform, and major tax overhaul is HUGE. If he accomplishes just on of these things it would be major.

Bush's policies may suck, but he has confronted major issues and has tried to shape them the way he sees fit. Bush is a visionary President who thinks he can change the world. There are not many Presidents who have this view, and fewer who accomplished it.

The funny thing is that his dad, was like Clinton - a status quo, keep the shop straight kind of President. No vision at all.

Bush will go down as one of the most influential President of all times - not only in US but world stage. [/b][/quote]
I agree full on that he will go down in history as being an influential president, but I don't think he will be remembered for his vision. He's going to be remembered as a war monger who fulfilled daddy's agenda, based a war on misinformation and lies and basically pissed off the entire world in the process. We're gonna be cleaning up Dubya shit for many generations to come. Enjoy your tax reform. :inlove:

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Daddies agenda?

You're not that ignorant.

Daddy was status quo, he beleived in UN, and would NEVER take pre-emptive action. Daddy got nothing major done, he was a civil administrator. Daddy and Clinton had more in common, then 41 and 43.

Bush is more like Reagan. I remember the liberals and the Europeans crying and protesting back in the 80s too. The funny thing is, its the same charges. Dim-witted President, who is a warmonger, who will lead us to WWIII. He puts to much faith in God, and only a puppet for big business.

We saw the world praise Reagan upon his funeral. Even his vanquished enemy paid tribute, as well as many liberals.

I will say it again. Bush will go top as one of the top 5 presidents of all time, or the worst of all time. Only the future will tell. Historians will decide.

PornoDoggy
01-26-2005, 11:41 PM
First of all, it's 30 years premature to talk about the legacy of either Clinton or Bush.

I don't think Clinton will be regarded as a particularly great President. Objectively, I hope the obstructionism of the Republicans in Congress will be told along with Clinton's personal failures.

I think Bush's legacy is going to depend in large part on what transpires in Iraq, which is far from certain. It remains to be seen if what he's done is taken firm, decisive action, or engaged in the practice of "Ready, Fire, Aim!" (I doubt my personal suspicions are any great mystery.) The long term effects of Bush's tenure on the reputation of America in the world will also be a factor; but he hung his Kennebunkport cowboy hat on Iraq, and he's going to have to live with that.

When it's all said and done, I think he'll be regarded almost as highly as the last Texan who was a wartime President - without the legacy of social policy to cushion his reputation.

Mike AI
01-26-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by PornoDoggy@Jan 26 2005, 11:42 PM
First of all, it's 30 years premature to talk about the legacy of either Clinton or Bush.

I don't think Clinton will be regarded as a particularly great President. Objectively, I hope the obstructionism of the Republicans in Congress will be told along with Clinton's personal failures.

I think Bush's legacy is going to depend in large part on what transpires in Iraq, which is far from certain. It remains to be seen if what he's done is taken firm, decisive action, or engaged in the practice of "Ready, Fire, Aim!" (I doubt my personal suspicions are any great mystery.) The long term effects of Bush's tenure on the reputation of America in the world will also be a factor; but he hung his Kennebunkport cowboy hat on Iraq, and he's going to have to live with that.

When it's all said and done, I think he'll be regarded almost as highly as the last Texan who was a wartime President - without the legacy of social policy to cushion his reputation.

PD you make valid points that I cannot argue.

PornoDoggy
01-26-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 26 2005, 11:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 26 2005, 11:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PornoDoggy@Jan 26 2005, 11:42 PM

PD you make valid points that I cannot argue. [/b][/quote]
> Pornodoggy rechecks his post to see if Rush Limbaugh has hacked into his user account <
:yowsa:

Almighty Colin
01-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 26 2005, 11:31 PM
Daddy and Clinton had more in common, then 41 and 43.
I agree with that. Strongly.

What PD said too.

steved
01-27-2005, 10:33 PM
He has provided SNL, Mad TV, and many other comedy shows with some very funny material:) That's about all I can think of...