PDA

View Full Version : why should I attend pheonix forum?

JoesHO
01-24-2005, 08:14 PM
I always here it is a good party, ( but frankly show parties bore the hell out of me) so is there business to be done there? how many atendees?

what about exhibitors or seminars?

what is the actual theme?
can anybody with experience in this help me please?

I wanna go to play diodgeball but can not really see myself justifying the expense just for that....

I am curious what your thoughts on the subject are and why .

SykkBoy
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
well, I'm going to be there, so that should be reason enough for you to attend ;-)

Nickatilynx
01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 24 2005, 05:17 PM
well, I'm going to be there, so that should be reason enough for you to attend ;-)
Whois going?
Who ain't
Who is sponsoring it?

We recluses need details!!! ;-))

Peaches
01-24-2005, 08:23 PM
http://www.thephoenixforum.com/

Lee
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Phoenix is without a doubt one of our best shows as a company to get business deals, moreso than Hollywood / Vegas.

Its more of a relaxed vacation than a convention as such so youll not find any 'exhibitors' but rather event sponsors such as us http://www.gaywebmasterbash.com :)

Definately worth going to Phoenix if you havent been Joe :)

Gary and I will be attending and we booked our rooms a few weeks ago :)

Billy
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
You can come see me : )

Maybe

Lee
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Billy@Jan 24 2005, 05:37 PM
You can come see me : )

Maybe
He'll be giving out lap dances in our room Joe ;)

Raven
01-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jan 24 2005, 05:15 PM
I always here it is a good party, ( but frankly show parties bore the hell out of me) so is there business to be done there? how many atendees?

what about exhibitors or seminars?

what is the actual theme?
can anybody with experience in this help me please?

I wanna go to play diodgeball but can not really see myself justifying the expense just for that....

I am curious what your thoughts on the subject are and why .
We really do take over the entire hotel, so there are no tourists to overhear conversations.

What sets Phoenix apart from others is the overall organisation of events. You won't find webmasters standing around looking for something to do or waiting for someone to move them, like the cattle we are...:) or is that sheep. LOL...

It's so well organised..and every event is designed for networking....offering food, drink and a place to talk..something webmasters want.

There are parties and events inbetween seminars and the seminars are a notch above others I've attended.

I've done more business in Phoenix than any other event.

Plus, I'll be there. That's reason enough.

iamkathi
01-24-2005, 08:47 PM
My 2 cents.... I get more done at the Phoenix show than any of the others. This show, to me, seems to be more relaxed and a lot less hectic than the other " larger" shows.

The main thing... real decision makers attend this show. You know the attendees really want to do business and are not just writing off a vacation as a business expense.

And I'll be there B)

Raven
01-24-2005, 08:54 PM
That's right. Kathi will be there. Even more of a reason to go.

I've seen newbies there, too, Kathi....and it seems they are really interested in the seminars and entering the biz 'right'.

Nickatilynx
01-24-2005, 08:58 PM
I must say , reading through the site and its attendees it does look to be more my type of thing than the usual ones.

Like the list of attendees too.

Winetalk.com
01-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Phoenix get together is the best place to get laid...so I heard
;)

Thoise who went to Phoenix and HAVE NOT get laid-
raise your hands!
;)

iamkathi
01-24-2005, 09:18 PM
ummm, consider my hand to be raised.

Well... except Gary Alan did get in my bed last year and laid on me, but I was asleep, so that doesn't really count... right?

Ok, so I convinced my husband it didn't count.

:yowsa:

SykkBoy
01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
I prefer these smaller type shows as well

This will be my first Pheonix Forum, but I've heard nothing but good about it and I'll also be attending Sharpies San Diego show since I did so well business-wise last year (I met the guy who's handling our backends on the cell phone biz). I'll probably be skipping the Florida show as I don't feel like doing Florida in August...

Lee
01-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by iamkathi@Jan 24 2005, 06:19 PM
Well... except Gary Alan did get in my bed last year and laid on me, but I was asleep, so that doesn't really count... right?
Hmmm..

I thougth Peaches was bad :nyanya:

Spw Guru
01-24-2005, 09:38 PM
This will be our first Pheonix show also Joe. But Lou and I will be good company if you get board.

For the rest of you that I do not know that are going I hope to get a chance to see you all.

iamkathi
01-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Jan 24 2005, 06:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Jan 24 2005, 06:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-iamkathi@Jan 24 2005, 06:19 PM
Hmmm..

I thougth Peaches was bad :nyanya:[/b][/quote]
hey... that was YOUR man in my bed!

I think he just wanted my piglet pj's :yowsa:

JoesHO
01-24-2005, 11:36 PM
Thank you for the feedback, I will put pheonix back on my radar screen now, just the mentions above will be worth the visit.

kath
01-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Yup - had to chime in with my .02.... this will be my 3rd Phoenix Forum and they just keep getting better each year. Great attendees, cool sponsors, unique seminars (plus this year they have a special "noob" day to get the newbies all acquainted and get all the basics out of the way before the more advanced topics) and fresh speakers that you don't see at every damned show.

It's relaxed, laid-back... I just really get TONS of business done because there isn't the constant hustle-bustle that you experience at other shows. Also - perhaps because of the relaxed atmosphere and company - I've never gotten sick after a Phoenix Forum. Now THAT'S saying something!

Hope to see lots more Opranonauts and FFNs at this year's event... Klixxx is cooking up something old school for you at the Forum - hopefully we can post some details on it here soon!

:okthumb:

SykkBoy
01-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by kath@Jan 25 2005, 02:54 AM
Hope to see lots more Opranonauts and FFNs at this year's event... Klixxx is cooking up something old school for you at the Forum - hopefully we can post some details on it here soon!

:okthumb:
coke and hookers for everyone!
fucking awesome!

;-)

overdose
01-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Is everyone invited there? Im only a noob on the biz.

Peaches
01-25-2005, 08:10 AM
I'll be attending my first one this year - looking forward to it! The only time I've been in Phoenix was on the way to Vegas :P

Almighty Colin
01-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm not going but we're sending a few people.

Mindoza
01-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Winetalk.com@Jan 24 2005, 06:08 PM
Phoenix get together is the best place to get laid...so I heard
;)

Thoise who went to Phoenix and HAVE NOT get laid-
raise your hands!
;)
I went to Phoenix last year and did not get laid, Shit whats wrong with me????

Anyway phoenix was a great event. Plenty of business, much less hot air and elitist behavior along with a nice mix of fun..this year I guess I will have to see about getting laid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!