PDA

View Full Version : Lap dance law ruled unconstitutional

Almighty Colin
01-23-2005, 05:25 PM
LAS VEGAS -- A Las Vegas law prohibiting strippers from fondling customers during lap dances is unconstitutionally vague, a judge ruled. District Court Judge Sally Loehrer affirmed a lower court ruling that as many as five misdemeanor criminal cases filed against Las Vegas strippers should be dismissed.

Friday's ruling affects only dancers within city limits. The Clark County Commission in 2002 limited touching between strippers and patrons during private lap dances, specifically barring strippers from touching or sitting on the customer's genital area.

But the municipal code was not as specific, saying only that strippers and their patrons should not "fondle" or "caress" each other.

City attorneys told Loehrer touching is illegal when dancers engage in contact aimed at sexually arousing the customer. But defense lawyer James Colin argued the lack of specifics makes it impossible to enforce the law.

"It's too confusing," Colin said. "No one knows."

Under Loehrer's ruling, no dancer in the city can be arrested for violating the municipal code. The city is considering an appeal.

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 05:29 PM
I'm going to celebrate this important victory by going to my favorite dive strip club, Tally-Ho, and buying a couple lapdances...

Almighty Colin
01-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 05:30 PM
I'm going to celebrate this important victory by going to my favorite dive strip club, Tally-Ho, and buying a couple lapdances...
Bring them a copy of the ruling and tell them their rights. You'll be a hero.

Vegas has the cleanest clubs I've ever been to. Here in Miami the girls get down and dirty.

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 23 2005, 05:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 23 2005, 05:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 05:30 PM

Vegas has the cleanest clubs I've ever been to. Here in Miami the girls get down and dirty. [/b][/quote]
next time you're in town, we'll hit the Tally-Ho
they don't make the strippers cover their tats, they don't serve alcohol (those clubs are less likely to be patrolled by vice) and the girls are more friendly (more locals in the club).

I, for one, just hate the plastic, blonde barbie doll whores at the other clubs...to me they are all interchangeable and I can't tell them apart...I like my strippers a little more on the "dangerous" side ;-)

Newton
01-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Lap dancers do nothing for me

Almighty Colin
01-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Jan 23 2005, 05:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Jan 23 2005, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 05:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 05:30 PM

Vegas has the cleanest clubs I've ever been to. Here in Miami the girls get down and dirty.
they don't make the strippers cover their tats, they don't serve alcohol (those clubs are less likely to be patrolled by vice) and the girls are more friendly (more locals in the club).

I, for one, just hate the plastic, blonde barbie doll whores at the other clubs...to me they are all interchangeable and I can't tell them apart...I like my strippers a little more on the "dangerous" side ;-) [/b][/quote]
Ahh, yes. "The Adventures of Sykkboy and Almighty Colin". I'm in. Maybe we should document it.

Mike AI
01-23-2005, 06:08 PM
This is great news. I wonder if Judge Sally paid her way through law school by dancing?

I went to Tally-Ho once, my first trip ever to Vegas - it was a unique experience. Love getting dances in a strato-lounger...

We will be heading out in March for a few days. Guess I will be able to enjoy some lapdances.

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 23 2005, 05:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 23 2005, 05:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 05:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 05:30 PM

I, for one, just hate the plastic, blonde barbie doll whores at the other clubs...to me they are all interchangeable and I can't tell them apart...I like my strippers a little more on the "dangerous" side ;-)
Ahh, yes. "The Adventures of Sykkboy and Almighty Colin". I'm in. Maybe we should document it. [/b][/quote]
yeah, but will have to be on a private board...my wife reads Oprano ;-))

ask DragonKing and jaYMan about the Tally-Ho :-)
I took them there once and they had a blast

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 23 2005, 06:09 PM
This is great news. I wonder if Judge Sally paid her way through law school by dancing?

I went to Tally-Ho once, my first trip ever to Vegas - it was a unique experience. Love getting dances in a strato-lounger...

We will be heading out in March for a few days. Guess I will be able to enjoy some lapdances.
Loehrer is a great judge, she's always been very fair and open minded

yeah, Tally-Ho is very unique..the big ass chairs, they give you change for your drinks in 2 dollars bills instead of singles and their private rooms are...um, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;-)

It's a very well run joint though. Great door guys, the strippers aren't as aggressive and it's a more relaxed atmosphere....

it just doesn't have the glitz and glam of the OG and Cheetahs, so gets ignored at a lot of the webmaster shows

Mike AI
01-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Jan 23 2005, 06:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Jan 23 2005, 06:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jan 23 2005, 06:09 PM

yeah, Tally-Ho is very unique..the big ass chairs, they give you change for your drinks in 2 dollars bills instead of singles and their private rooms are...um, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas ;-)

It's a very well run joint though. Great door guys, the strippers aren't as aggressive and it's a more relaxed atmosphere....

it just doesn't have the glitz and glam of the OG and Cheetahs, so gets ignored at a lot of the webmaster shows [/b][/quote]

The only dow side is most of the women I saw in the club are UGLY.

If only the young hotties worked there....

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 23 2005, 06:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 23 2005, 06:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 06:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jan 23 2005, 06:09 PM

it just doesn't have the glitz and glam of the OG and Cheetahs, so gets ignored at a lot of the webmaster shows

If only the young hotties worked there.... [/b][/quote]
go mid-week, that's when the local UNLV hotties are on stage...on the weekdnds, the troll looking girls who come from out of town and can't get booked at other clubs are onstage ;-)

Almighty Colin
01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 06:12 PM

We've already said too much.

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 23 2005, 06:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 23 2005, 06:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 06:12 PM

We've already said too much. [/b][/quote]
all innuendos so far ;-)

actually, my wife has taken to a few strippers at the Tally-Ho...
I try to tell her "honey, strippers don't really want to go home with you, they just want your money" but she doesn't listen

Mike AI
01-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy+Jan 23 2005, 06:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SykkBoy @ Jan 23 2005, 06:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 23 2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 06:15 PM

go mid-week, that's when the local UNLV hotties are on stage...on the weekdnds, the troll looking girls who come from out of town and can't get booked at other clubs are onstage ;-) [/b][/quote]

Good advice.....

We will be hitting Vegas in late March, maybe we can get some smoothies or whatever they serve in the big glasses there!

:okthumb:

JoesHO
01-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Tootsies is my favorite club anywhere !!!

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 23 2005, 07:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 23 2005, 07:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 23 2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 06:15 PM

go mid-week, that's when the local UNLV hotties are on stage...on the weekdnds, the troll looking girls who come from out of town and can't get booked at other clubs are onstage ;-)

Good advice.....

We will be hitting Vegas in late March, maybe we can get some smoothies or whatever they serve in the big glasses there!

:okthumb: [/b][/quote]
excellent
nothing beats a $10 smoothie, except $10 smoothie served in a strip club...

Almighty Colin
01-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 07:59 PM

excellent
Well, there's always a five dollar shake.

SykkBoy
01-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 23 2005, 08:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 23 2005, 08:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 07:59 PM

excellent
Well, there's always a five dollar shake. [/b][/quote]
but that's just ice cream and milk ;-)

this is with full nudity (since Tally Ho doesn't serve alcohol, it's a fully nude club)

Vick
01-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 08:04 PM
Do you get that at Jack Rabbit Slim's?

Almighty Colin
01-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Vick+Jan 23 2005, 09:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Jan 23 2005, 09:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 08:04 PM
Do you get that at Jack Rabbit Slim's? [/b][/quote]
Sure do.

nlphoto
01-24-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 23 2005, 06:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 23 2005, 06:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 07:59 PM

excellent
Well, there's always a five dollar shake. [/b][/quote]
Is that by the attendant in the men's room ??

Thank god, all he does with me, is hands me a couple of paper towels to wipe my hands after washing... :P

slavdogg
01-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by nlphoto+Jan 24 2005, 03:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nlphoto @ Jan 24 2005, 03:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 06:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Jan 23 2005, 07:59 PM

excellent

Thank god, all he does with me, is hands me a couple of paper towels to wipe my hands after washing... :P [/b][/quote]
what he doesnt hand u toiler paper after taking a shit ? :D

Almighty Colin
01-24-2005, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by slavdogg+Jan 24 2005, 03:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slavdogg @ Jan 24 2005, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by nlphoto@Jan 24 2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 06:04 PM

excellent

Thank god, all he does with me, is hands me a couple of paper towels to wipe my hands after washing... :P
what he doesnt hand u toiler paper after taking a shit ? :D [/b][/quote]
And here I thought *I* tipped well.

pushpills
01-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Sounds good. These girls will be able to feed their kids and ugly guys will be able to get their cheap thrill. I've never understood the allure of lapdances, I had one, but it was odd and everyone I was with was watching. I felt sad for the poor girl and very out of place.

grimm
01-24-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jan 24 2005, 05:10 AM
Sounds good. These girls will be able to feed their kids and ugly guys will be able to get their cheap thrill. I've never understood the allure of lapdances, I had one, but it was odd and everyone I was with was watching. I felt sad for the poor girl and very out of place.
you should have just tipped the young man and gotten out of there. it must have been obvious if your friends were a little uncomfortable;)

slavdogg
01-25-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 24 2005, 05:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 24 2005, 05:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by slavdogg@Jan 24 2005, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by nlphoto@Jan 24 2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 23 2005, 06:04 PM

excellent

what he doesnt hand u toiler paper after taking a shit ? :D
And here I thought *I* tipped well. [/b][/quote]
next time tip with funny money :)

nlphoto
01-25-2005, 04:00 AM
want to REALLY piss off a dancer? Tip her onstage with a roll of pennies... :yowsa:

SykkBoy
01-25-2005, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by nlphoto@Jan 25 2005, 04:01 AM
want to REALLY piss off a dancer? Tip her onstage with a roll of pennies... :yowsa:
or, if you're in Canada, tip with a looney...they fucking hate that