PDA

View Full Version : If Hillary runs in '08

NickPapageorgio
01-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Are the Dem's just wasting another 4 years by putting her in the running if that's how things work out?

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Very close to 50/50. Can she win a Southern state? Maybe Florida?

JoesHO
01-21-2005, 02:18 PM
I think a ticket with Hillary, and Richardson will win

But the key is she needs to pick a cabinet early ( ala GW in 00 ) and make it know Like he did with Powell

She needs a strong unit to pull it off

and I think bob graham should be a known cabinet member
as well as Wesley clark as Sectretary of state a war hero with not as much baggage or age on his medals as kerry brought

I would stay away from the normal dems.

They need a shake up and to define themselves a little better on issues other than " we are not the right wing" if they are to win any red stats away

I would also pull a known OHIO candidate and add him/her to the cabinet mentions as well. get out of the gate early on announcing your prospective cabinet members is what I say

and besides the repubs are gonna look like shit when this term is over anyway so that helps cause the middle class will become the poor and they are not gonna like that at all!!!!

SmokingDawn
01-21-2005, 02:39 PM
If Hillary wins I am moving to another country...lol

Peaches
01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
The dems would do better putting Hillary in as a VP, IMHO. I just don't think the US voters are ready for a female president.

pushpills
01-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 21 2005, 01:41 PM
The dems would do better putting Hillary in as a VP, IMHO. I just don't think the US voters are ready for a female president.
true enough. I think alot of foreign powers would shit all over the U.S. having a chick president also.

JoesHO
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SmokingDawn@Jan 21 2005, 11:40 AM
Wich country? Canada is more libral than we are... would you go to Europe?

Raven
01-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 21 2005, 11:41 AM
Agreed. I think she and the dems would have a better chance if they slipped a woman in that way.

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by pushpills+Jan 21 2005, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pushpills @ Jan 21 2005, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jan 21 2005, 01:41 PM
true enough. I think alot of foreign powers would shit all over the U.S. having a chick president also. [/b][/quote]
Why? Margaret Thatcher was very respected.

sextoyking
01-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Peaches,

you might correct there. While I would love to see a female president (it's long overdue), I just don't know if she can get enough white male votes to pull it off.

Colin, she has some good support in FL, she might be able to pull it off there - and possibly even her old state of AR. One of the last southern states with 2 senators who are dems, and 3/4 of the house ppl dems.

I love Richardson, good guy, smart, and knows the political game very well :)

Peaches
01-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Now the question is, would Hillary be happy running for VP or would she only accept the presidential slot? I suspect the latter.

sextoyking
01-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Also, BTW - it's against the law for a nominee to announce any potential cabinet members before he or she is elected into office.

Alot of nominees will say this person is an advisor :), but you can't formally announce them..

sextoyking
01-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Peaches,

good question but the reality is, if she runs - she will get the nomination. So I think it's a moot point.

that is why she is starting now to move to the center more and more. Even Newt himself said last night, that she and bill are political genius's :)

Raven
01-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by pushpills@Jan 21 2005, 02:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Peaches@Jan 21 2005, 01:41 PM
true enough. I think alot of foreign powers would shit all over the U.S. having a chick president also.
Why? Margaret Thatcher was very respected. [/b][/quote]
England has been around longer.

Plus, there are precedents for the Brits with woman rulers....from Mary to Elizabeth to Victoria to the present queen.

Even though they are figureheads now, they weren't in the past.

Nickatilynx
01-21-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by pushpills@Jan 21 2005, 02:43 PM
Why? Margaret Thatcher was very respected. [/b][/quote]
She had great legs too I'm told.

And was really sexy in person.

And that is serious , heard it from 2 or 3 people.Ok they were acquaintances of mine , so therefore they were perverted...but even so. :)

Raven
01-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Jan 21 2005, 01:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Jan 21 2005, 01:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by pushpills@Jan 21 2005, 02:43 PM
She had great legs too I'm told.

And was really sexy in person.

And that is serious , heard it from 2 or 3 people.Ok they were acquaintances of mine , so therefore they were perverted...but even so. :) [/b][/quote]
Maybe if Hillary offers two blowjobs for every pot, she'd clinch the nomination.

imported_Technick
01-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1+Jan 21 2005, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JoesHO1 @ Jan 21 2005, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SmokingDawn@Jan 21 2005, 11:40 AM
Wich country? Canada is more libral than we are... would you go to Europe? [/b][/quote]
Yeah good point...and Europe is verging on the Communist compared with the US.....

Iran maybe?

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Raven+Jan 21 2005, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Raven @ Jan 21 2005, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM

Plus, there are precedents for the Brits with woman rulers....from Mary to Elizabeth to Victoria to the present queen.

Even though they are figureheads now, they weren't in the past. [/b][/quote]
huh? So "foreign powers will shit all over the US" for having a female leader but not Britain because Britain is older?

Raven
01-21-2005, 05:03 PM
I don't think 'foreign powers will shit all over the US'.

There have been women rulers throughout time. I think the US will shit if a woman gets elected.

The de virginisation of America has to hurt. At least the first time.

JoesHO
01-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Madeline Albright was very respected in world affaires, and accomplished her missions on most cases it seems to me.

I think the time is right, in fact, I would ofrather seen hillary instead of kery run angains GW

Hillary Vs dole how is that fo a duel in 08?

JoesHO
01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I bet it would be a record turn out, and on that note why is everyone worried about the white male vote?

if the other factions actually cared to come to the polls for some stupid reason like say ummm a non white male was running

do you think all males in this country would ban together ?

I know I would like to see her
Todd is for a woman
colin is not against a woman per se ( maybe just not that one)

I think women are being underestimated here

hell I bet even Ann Coulter would vote for hillary just to get the door open for women to be president in the future...

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jan 21 2005, 05:31 PM
I think the time is right
Me too.

gigi
01-21-2005, 05:39 PM
If it's true that Powell will run alongside Hillary...and if GW carries on the same way he currently is, over the next 4 years, GW will hinder Powell's run and Hilary will win, regardless of her gender.

I think the USA IS ready for a female president.....or a black president for that matter. Hilary is doing her part right now by going more 'middle of the road'. The rest will fall on GW and his actions over the next 4 years. I truly believe that his actions WILL affect Powell's run....

SykkBoy
01-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jan 21 2005, 05:34 PM
I bet it would be a record turn out, and on that note why is everyone worried about the white male vote?

if the other factions actually cared to come to the polls for some stupid reason like say ummm a non white male was running

do you think all males in this country would ban together ?

I know I would like to see her
Todd is for a woman

I think women are being underestimated here

hell I bet even Ann Coulter would vote for hillary just to get the door open for women to be president in the future...
personally, I just want a strong candidate, whether they be male, female, white, black, whatever...

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Jan 21 2005, 05:34 PM

I like Hillary. I think she'd do a fine job. She's a low down dirty politician just like the rest of 'em.

Maybe it would inspire more women to enter politics and give us more potential candidates.

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by gigi@Jan 21 2005, 05:40 PM
If it's true that Powell will run alongside Hillary...and if GW carries on the same way he currently is, over the next 4 years, GW will hinder Powell's run and Hilary will win, regardless of her gender.

I think the USA IS ready for a female president.....or a black president for that matter. Hilary is doing her part right now by going more 'middle of the road'. The rest will fall on GW and his actions over the next 4 years. I truly believe that his actions WILL affect Powell's run....
Powell vs. Clinton would be awesome.

nickdark
01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 02:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-gigi@Jan 21 2005, 05:40 PM

Powell vs. Clinton would be awesome.[/b][/quote]
Im a Pommy bastard so its not really any of my business but I agree..I like Powell and I think he would bring a lot of respect back to the office in the eyes of the outside world.

I know Mike doesnt care about that but I know a lot do !

Now , Ann Coulter..just the mention of her name makes my blood boil..a loathsome creature...a blonde Gollum, with none of his endearing attributes. :barfon:

grimm
01-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 01:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Raven@Jan 21 2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin@Jan 21 2005, 01:01 PM

Even though they are figureheads now, they weren't in the past.
huh? So "foreign powers will shit all over the US" for having a female leader but not Britain because Britain is older? [/b][/quote]
pinko

:D

grimm
01-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 02:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 02:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gigi@Jan 21 2005, 05:40 PM

Powell vs. Clinton would be awesome. [/b][/quote]
The Far right wouldnt know which one to shoot first. :blink:

MaDalton
01-21-2005, 06:20 PM
i guess a lot of people would vote for Hillary cause they think on that way they get Bill back in the White House. In my eyes she would have good chances - but i'm european, so what do I know.... :blink:

grimm
01-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by gigi@Jan 21 2005, 02:40 PM

keyword: Southern States. The South is not ready for a woman or a black president. Not by a long shot.

gigi
01-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by grimm+Jan 21 2005, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (grimm @ Jan 21 2005, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gigi@Jan 21 2005, 02:40 PM

keyword: Southern States. The South is not ready for a woman or a black president. Not by a long shot. [/b][/quote]
And Hilary knows this...which is why she is gung ho on showing how 'middle of the road' she is....watch, over the next 4 years she will say and support MANY values that are traditionally 'republican' domain....

Is the south ready for a BLACK president?

imported_Technick
01-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by gigi@Jan 21 2005, 04:12 PM

And Hilary knows this...which is why she is gung ho on showing how 'middle of the road' she is....watch, over the next 4 years she will say and support MANY values that are traditionally 'republican' domain....

She's started already :)

Sen. Clinton urges use of faith-based initiatives
By Michael Jonas, Globe Correspondent | January 20, 2005

On the eve of the presidential inauguration, US Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton last night embraced an issue some pundits say helped seal a second term for George W. Bush: acceptance of the role of faith in addressing social ills.

In a speech at a fund-raising dinner for a Boston-based organization that promotes faith-based solutions to social problems, Clinton said there has been a "false division" between faith-based approaches to social problems and respect for the separation of church of state.

"There is no contradiction between support for faith-based initiatives and upholding our constitutional principles," said Clinton, a New York Democrat who often is mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in 2008.

Addressing a crowd of more than 500, including many religious leaders, at Boston's Fairmont Copley Plaza, Clinton invoked God more than half a dozen times, at one point declaring, "I've always been a praying person."

Full story here: http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachus...y%2FRegion+News (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2005/01/20/sen_clinton_urges_use_of_faith_based_initiatives/?rss_id=Boston+Globe+--+City%2FRegion+News)

grimm
01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by gigi+Jan 21 2005, 04:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gigi @ Jan 21 2005, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by grimm@Jan 21 2005, 03:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-gigi@Jan 21 2005, 02:40 PM

keyword: Southern States. The South is not ready for a woman or a black president. Not by a long shot.

Is the south ready for a BLACK president? [/b][/quote]
Exactly.. shes more than competant, but the fact that she is a woman will cost her quite a few southern states.

The south is nowhere near ready. which is a shame, although i do not think Powell is a competant candidate. I would vote for Hillary over Powell.

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by grimm@Jan 21 2005, 06:21 PM
The South is not ready for a woman or a black president. Not by a long shot.
Get 'em going against each other and let the fireworks begin.

darksoft
01-21-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd hate to see Billary back in the whitehouse again. 8 years of her was enough.

cj
01-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 21 2005, 02:41 PM
and yet more people watch Oprah than vote for the presidential election ....

If George Bush could be voted back in after 4 years of fuck ups, bullshit and lies, nothing would surprise me ....

Hillary has been laying the ground work for this since Bill blew his load on Monica's dress ... never underestimate the power of women's collective empathy!! Look at how many TV shows and media outlets are open to her that a male candidate NEVER has access to.

1 appearance on Oprah or The View and she'll squash Powell before he knows what's happening.

And someone mentioned she won't get the support of other countries and that the world will think America is weak with a female president? Next to Asia and the middle east, America is the next most sexist nation IMHO, so American's are one of the only countries thinking that way. Besides ... the rest of the world couldn't think much less of America than they do now ... i'm not America bashing, it is just a fact.

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by cj@Jan 21 2005, 09:52 PM
the rest of the world couldn't think much less of America than they do now
well, ... we'll see 'bout that.

cj
01-21-2005, 10:02 PM
LOL

yes ... we will see :rolleyes:

I'm sure by the end of Bush's 2nd term the world will think less :rolleyes:

Almighty Colin
01-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by cj@Jan 21 2005, 10:03 PM
LOL

yes ... we will see :rolleyes:

I'm sure by the end of Bush's 2nd term the world will think less :rolleyes:
I don't think we've seen anything yet. Regardless of who is president. The EU coalition? The Chinese coalition? We shall see.

grimm
01-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 04:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 04:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Jan 21 2005, 06:21 PM
The South is not ready for a woman or a black president. Not by a long shot.
Get 'em going against each other and let the fireworks begin. [/b][/quote]
sad state of affairs when you have to put a minority candidate up against a female candidate to give either one a shot.. and meanwhile... back at the ranch...

grimm
01-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Almighty Colin+Jan 21 2005, 06:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Almighty Colin @ Jan 21 2005, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cj@Jan 21 2005, 09:52 PM
the rest of the world couldn't think much less of America than they do now
well, ... we'll see 'bout that. [/b][/quote]
i agree, thats a pretty blanket statement. blanket statements seem to be false most of the time, like extreme terms.

Rolo
01-22-2005, 07:49 AM
I hope she does not run... not because she is a woman, but because she is a Clinton. I really look forward to some "fresh blood" in the whitehouse - all this Bush and Clinton is getting boring...

overdose
01-25-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Rolo@Jan 22 2005, 04:50 AM
I hope she does not run... not because she is a woman, but because she is a Clinton. I really look forward to some "fresh blood" in the whitehouse - all this Bush and Clinton is getting boring...
Yeah, your right. Any nominees?