PDA

View Full Version : NetFlix

Forest
01-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Im thinking about joining want to knoiw if anyone has used them yet and what you think

Peaches
01-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Been using them for 5 years this month :)

kath
01-19-2005, 12:40 PM
We did Netflix before Netflix was cool... in fact, there have been a lot of "I'll add that to my Netflix list" conversations on Oprano since it launched.

Great program - I prefer it to other knock-offs that are out there BIG time... they've "deepened" their list of independent/documentary/foreign films over the last several months - which is a nice feature.

We just bought my grandma a DVD player/home theater for Christmas this year - and got her a 1 year subscription to Netflix as well - she's loving it. She called up the other day to tell me that she can't believe how fast the new movies come after she sends the old ones off. lol

:rokk:

Red
01-19-2005, 01:20 PM
I've been using it for a while now and I love it. My problem is I don't think I'll ever get to everything in my list.

SykkBoy
01-19-2005, 01:27 PM
I just recently started using them again (started using them way back in the day) and love their service, selection (walmart's knockoff version doesn't carry NC17 or unrated films...totally sucks and I won't even get into my intsense hatred for Blockbuster ;-))

gonzo
01-19-2005, 01:37 PM
FORGET BLOCKBUSTER!!!

pushpills
01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
2 accounts at 8 each, been a little busy to waste time copying dvds lately though. when I'm copy-happy I'll get em in the mail, rip em, and get em to the mailbox outside before pickup the same day. netflix ships fast too, I've heard but cant say for sure, that blockbuster ships all its dvds from texas.

Wizzo
01-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Neflix is great! Would recommend 100% :okthumb:

Raven
01-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Netflix is awesome, especially if you watch lots of movies per month. That's the only way it's cost effective.

Being able to order movies, have them delivered and then picked up is so much better than remembering at the last minute the movie was due three hours ago.

Didn't they also open up one for games, too?

Spw Guru
01-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Used them for only 2 years now but I would never go back to Blockbuster again.

RyanLanane
01-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Only downside I noticed was the new releases were hitting the video stores weeks before Netflix - has this changed lately? If so I might go and join again.

kath
01-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Raven@Jan 19 2005, 01:27 PM
Netflix is awesome, especially if you watch lots of movies per month. That's the only way it's cost effective.

Being able to order movies, have them delivered and then picked up is so much better than remembering at the last minute the movie was due three hours ago.

Yup - GameFly.com... the kids love it. And I love not having to pay $50 for the new Tony Hawk game only to have the little buggars beat it in a weekend.

*sigh*

Definitely another GOOD deal and also a fast shipper. :rokk:

Hell Puppy
01-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Netflix rocks, been using it for years. They've gotten better about stocking sufficient numbers of new releases, if you have it in your queue at the top of the queue in advance, you'll get it the week it is released typically.

What I like about it is if someone mentions a movie you need to see, just open the website and pop it in the queue, it'll show up eventually. On the other hand, if you have something you gotta see right now, you can move it to top of the queue and get it quick.

It also doesn't hurt that my local post office is the same post office the regional distribution center for this area of the country uses. My stuff usually checks in next day, or same day if I go drop in the box at the post office.

SykkBoy
01-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Wer're only a couple months from the Las Vegas distribution center opening, then they'll ship here even faster. Although now we're serviced by the San Jose center and it gets here mostly the next day anyways, but towards the weekend it sometimes takes 2 days.

They are also doing a great job of stocking more foreign titles. Most of the new releases, I buy or plan to buy anyways (still use Best Buy and my Rewards Zone card for that).

grimm
01-20-2005, 03:44 AM
Sykk talked me into it, ive been using them for a month.. i didnt realize you could get new releases, they just dont list em, you have to search for a title.

knowing that, its really convenient! Just watched Resident Evil 2, got like 3 more supposed to get here tomorrow.

sweet. i was blind, but i was forced to see the light, thanks:)

grimm
01-20-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by kath+Jan 19 2005, 10:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kath @ Jan 19 2005, 10:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Raven@Jan 19 2005, 01:27 PM

Yup - GameFly.com... the kids love it. And I love not having to pay $50 for the new Tony Hawk game only to have the little buggars beat it in a weekend.

*sigh*

Definitely another GOOD deal and also a fast shipper. :rokk: [/b][/quote]
been trying that too.. got NBA 2005 and The Bond game where you get eo be the bad guy,

I am really fucking bad at video games. i need a kid to come over and teach me. I suck.

Richard N. Bush
01-20-2005, 10:48 AM
Yep, Netflix rocks! I too have been using them from the very very beginning. Anyone remember how they used to let you keep titles and would mail the case to you if you decided to buy the DVD? :)