PDA

View Full Version : Processing for Adult Oriented Hard goods?

Hell Puppy
01-18-2005, 10:31 PM
What's the least painful way to process hard goods these days?

Anyone doing it third party style that'll allow adult material?

Or is the only way to do it to get a merchant account?

Lee
01-18-2005, 10:51 PM
The only way we have found is to go via NetBilling at the present time.

Depending on how 'adult orientated' the goods are though, you might want to speak to the folks at 2checkout.com :)

gonzo
01-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Jan 18 2005, 10:52 PM

Depending on how 'adult orientated' the goods are though, you might want to speak to the folks at 2checkout.com :)
Have fun getting an email answered for one of these...

Lee
01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jan 18 2005, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jan 18 2005, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Jan 18 2005, 10:52 PM

Have fun getting an email answered for one of these... [/b][/quote]
Actually we've never had problems with emails being replied to by Karen over at NetBilling although we did have to wait a week or so for a response from 2C.

gonzo
01-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Jan 18 2005, 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Jan 18 2005, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Jan 18 2005, 08:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Jan 18 2005, 10:52 PM

Actually we've never had problems with emails being replied to by Karen over at NetBilling although we did have to wait a week or so for a response from 2C. [/b][/quote]
THat got me passed to Tech Support which isnt 24/7 and as best as I can tell they got one line because the sweet pea on the other end wouldnt let me hold or anything he wanted me to leave em a voice mail.

So I sent Mitch an email several months ago...no repsonse.

Fuck it.

Hell Puppy
01-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by gonzo+Jan 18 2005, 11:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Jan 18 2005, 11:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Lee@Jan 18 2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Jan 18 2005, 08:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Jan 18 2005, 10:52 PM

Actually we've never had problems with emails being replied to by Karen over at NetBilling although we did have to wait a week or so for a response from 2C.
THat got me passed to Tech Support which isnt 24/7 and as best as I can tell they got one line because the sweet pea on the other end wouldnt let me hold or anything he wanted me to leave em a voice mail.

So I sent Mitch an email several months ago...no repsonse.

Fuck it. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, that was about the time I was looking at adding them and received all the paperwork. I decided to sit on it til I saw how your issue with them turned out.

I'm still sitting....heh.

However, looks like they're really the only game in town.

Anyone else out there help folx get going with their own merchant account these days? I know Epoch will let you use your own merchant account and still use their backend, support, etc....or at least they used to. Way back in the day, I can remember them even helping get the account setup. I dont think they do that any more, or leastwise they dont actively solicite it.

cj
01-19-2005, 02:39 AM
HP, I know this probably seems like a hassle you want to avoid - but I'd strongly recommend going and visiting your local business branch of your bank, and just asking them their position on providing merchant accounts.

Because you deliver goods, and there is a shipping address, *some* banks will not even look at the products being adult. It is worth taking that step so you can decide whether its worth the few extra forms.

Other than that, if you know of anyone with an adult merchant account, all you need is the gateway software ...

Hell Puppy
01-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by cj@Jan 19 2005, 02:40 AM
HP, I know this probably seems like a hassle you want to avoid - but I'd strongly recommend going and visiting your local business branch of your bank, and just asking them their position on providing merchant accounts.

Because you deliver goods, and there is a shipping address, *some* banks will not even look at the products being adult. It is worth taking that step so you can decide whether its worth the few extra forms.

Other than that, if you know of anyone with an adult merchant account, all you need is the gateway software ...
I hear ya, but I'm not sure i'd wanna risk my processing and banking business relationship by not disclosing that the products were adult.

Now on the other hand, if I mixed in some non-adult, the adult is just part of the product line. That's a thought.

Nad
01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Well the only company, third party, that I knew to do this was iBill..... but since they are concentrating on the Gkard there is only one more that is doing the adult tangibles online:

OPS Billing

www.opsbilling.com

dan at opsbilling dot com

They have the shopping cart and everything tied into the third party merchant...