PDA

View Full Version : Some Kudos Where Kudos Are Due...

CuriousToyBoy
01-17-2005, 05:39 AM
Guys,

I just wanted to say this on a board where there is nothing to really gain by doing so - thereby underpinning how strongly I feel on this subject.

As many of you may know, we were sponsors of the recent http://www.GayWebmastersBash.com series os events in Vegas - such events were a HUGE success as can be attested to by any who attended any of them.

I just want to say to Lee especially (and I kinow Gary-Alan & Chris-Allan will understand), just how impressed I was as a sponsor on his and the team's efforts not just in making the events themselves so special and such a success, but how before the event and even in the afterglow of the event such special pains have been made to constantly acknowledge and push the limelight onto the event sponsors so NO-ONE could have any doubt about who we all were.

The reason I say this board can appreciate that, is most of us here are pretty switched on, and everyone knows no-one does stuff like the GayWebmasterBash events for nothing, but we can all appreciate an extremely professionally run operation when we see one.

I am now (and Lee knows this) a perpetual sponsor of these events at every show I attend.

Congrats Lee, you should be rightly proud.

:ph34r:

cj
01-17-2005, 06:31 AM
he did a great job of getting the sponsors on every board at every opportunity ;-)

even down to starting controversy by piggy backing on other shows and stealing their sponsors limelight :rolleyes:

Are these girls all this bitchy in person?!?!?!? :biglaugh:

Almighty Colin
01-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Lee = top notch guy.

CuriousToyBoy
01-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by cj@Jan 17 2005, 09:32 PM
he did a great job of getting the sponsors on every board at every opportunity ;-)

even down to starting controversy by piggy backing on other shows and stealing their sponsors limelight :rolleyes:

Are these girls all this bitchy in person?!?!?!? :biglaugh:
Isn't "creating limelight" part of using any board well?

Doesn't it boost views and post count and therefore exposure?

Aren't we doing it now?

Does it work?

Are we good at it?

Did I post this here on Oprano for a reason?

He he he eh.

:ph34r:

Mike AI
01-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Lee is the man. He would be a great person to take over running the Player Hater Ball!!

JoesHo - Lee would be a good one to get with the BellyFlop 2005 as well!!

JoesHO
01-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I agree, Lee has my respect as well!!!

Nickatilynx
01-17-2005, 11:38 AM
I too like Lee.

Plus its nice having someone else with drunken Brit tendancies on the board

;-))

gonzo
01-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 17 2005, 09:52 AM
Lee is the man. He would be a great person to take over running the Player Hater Ball!!

Ah yes the PHB.... its coming back. We think we will even be serving donuts at it. I think its the perfect venue to further unite the straight and gay markets.

I have to say if Colin was over there doing biz with then we all should check it out.
I briefly met Lee on the way to a NATS seminar. They had their own world going on over ther eaway from the show.

Congrats guys and lets talk more about bringing back THE event to the show.

Peaches
01-17-2005, 12:11 PM
I like Lee too, but I :inlove: :inlove: Gary Alan!!

Lee
01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 17 2005, 09:12 AM
I like Lee too, but I :inlove: :inlove: Gary Alan!!
Floozy ;)

Lindsay, you really do humble me my friend i dont know what more to say than that, thank you.

Also thank you to everyone else for their kind words to.

Despite some of the drama currently surrounding our Phoenix events by minor factions within the gay market, they will be going ahead, one way, or the other too :)

Newton
01-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Good luck to you Lee ;)

dzinerbear
01-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey all,

New here. I saw this post and couldn't resist signing up so I could reply to it.

I work for MANcheck, another company that sponsored Gay Webmaster Bash in Vegas, and as it was my first Internext, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I can't tell you how thrilled the MANcheck team was with Gary and Lee and their event. Like Toy Boy mentioned, Lee busts his ass off to make sure the sponsors get their money's worth, and he'll fight like a dog with anyone who tries to take the spotlight away from his event's sponsors.

I also got to hang quite a bit with Gary and Lee. I was treated like a prince and I felt totally appreciated. I remember another event that we sponsored at one time, and when we walked up to the organizer of the event to say "hello" we said, "Hi, how are you?" and he said, "Very busy," and walked away. What a shame! Sheez, I got shit from Lee for taking so long to call him and get together for a drink.

So Lee, thanks again for making us feel so top-notch and appreciated. And to anyone out there reading this, if Lee every comes banging on your door to sponsor one of his events, you really can't afford to say, "No."

Thanks Lee,
Dzinerbear
MANcheck

Nickatilynx
01-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Welcome to Oprano , dzinerbear . :)

Hope that post is the first of many :)

Feel free to start a new thread and tell us a little about yourself.

A friend of Lee's is a friend of ours.

:)

Lee
01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Michael,

Thank you my friend, we were happy to have MANcheck on board as an event sponsor during the Vegas Gay Webmaster Bash events and we look forward to working with you guys at some of our upcoming events also :)

Thank you for your kind words my friend they are appreciated more than you will know :)

For anyone who doesnt already know Michael, he is, without a doubt one of the most trustworthy, helpful and level headed guys i know in the industry any business you guys can send his way im sure would be appreciated and reciprocated!

Regards,

Lee

Newton
01-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Welcome aboard Dzinerbear .. ;)

Lee
01-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI@Jan 17 2005, 06:52 AM
You know, Gary and I were talking about that last week, we'll be taking part in the 2005 Flop this year to, we had a blast at the last one :)

Mike AI
01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Jan 17 2005, 02:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Jan 17 2005, 02:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike AI@Jan 17 2005, 06:52 AM
You know, Gary and I were talking about that last week, we'll be taking part in the 2005 Flop this year to, we had a blast at the last one :) [/b][/quote]

Lee I think you and Gary should help JoesHo orginize it. It's a great event, which gets a lot of eyeballs!! First event to bring all webmasters together!

Lee
01-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Mike we would love to unfrotunately, we're also organizing the 6 Gay Webmaster Bash events for the Florida conference ( as well the bullshit that will no doubt surround the events from other factions in the industry) and we wouldnt be able to give the Flop the full attention it deserves from an organizational standpoint :(

That wont stop us from participating though as well as giving any support we can :okthumb:

Dravyk
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Lee is a great guy. One caveat. I couldn't even find Lee the entire convention to find out where things were! AVN magazine had everything listed as TBA. Obviously because he was everywhere and very busy. And cause couldn't connect to his cell. Electra and I were quite disappointed. Otherwise can't say a thing bad about the guy, other than we missed out on some very fun events, and the pleasure of seeing him and Gary.

Lee
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jan 17 2005, 12:19 PM
Lee is a great guy. One caveat. I couldn't even find Lee the entire convention to find out where things were! AVN magazine had everything listed as TBA. Obviously because he was everywhere and very busy. And cause couldn't connect to his cell. Electra and I were quite disappointed. Otherwise can't say a thing bad about the guy, other than we missed out on some very fun events, and the pleasure of seeing him and Gary.
Yeah we were a bit miffed that AVN didnt update their site when we told them the locations of the events too :(

From what i understand a few people had issues finding the location of the meals and after hour suites.

A lesson learned though for the next show.