PDA

View Full Version : FTC Spam attack spreading

Nickatilynx
01-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Fellow Webmasters:

As you already know our policy has always been to prohibit affiliates from
employing UCE
and non-compliance with CAN-SPAM US legislation.

Our terms:*removed*

Due to the recent events at internext with the FTC and email promotion, (
http://www.xbiz.com/news_piece.php?id=6908 ) *removed* is now heightening its insistence on compliance with these
terms

Any affiliate not abiding by the rules listed here:
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2004/04/adultlabel.htm will be deactivated and not paid.
Any future non-compliances will be interpreted as an attack on our company's
reputation.

We would be pleased to assist you in complying with these policies, PRIOR to any
mailing
and supply you with PG rated content for advertisements.

Please contact *removed* with any questions or compliance issues.

DrGuile
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
What's with removing the name?

Seems like its a pretty smart move on their part... ?

Lee
01-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DrGuile@Jan 13 2005, 01:34 PM
What's with removing the name?

Seems like its a pretty smart move on their part... ?
Yeah but..

They should have been doing this anyway shouldnt they? How long has can-spam been in effect now?

Dravyk
01-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Spill the beans, Nick!! Oprano is no place to be a wuss!! :rolleyes:

... I was possessed by the spirit of Mike AI there for a moment.

Nickatilynx
01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Guerilla Traffic :)

Mike AI
01-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Jan 13 2005, 04:43 PM

:D

Someone has to take over my job of calling people out.

Nickatilynx
01-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Jan 13 2005, 02:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Jan 13 2005, 02:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Jan 13 2005, 04:43 PM

:D

Someone has to take over my job of calling people out. [/b][/quote]
Hey , I named them.

Hell there is two schools of thought:
1.) Very well done of them to do this.
2.) Shouldn't they have already been doing this.

And knowing people here there will be at least 6 more schools of thought...

*KK*
01-13-2005, 05:53 PM
2005 is going to be an interesting year all around I think. Rumors of government intervention stateside in all different directions. And if this turns out to be true, just being from another country or having yourself set up in another country isn't going to be the magic shield that some people think it will be. When the US government starts invoking the Patriot Act and crap like that, I can see many many non US countries deciding to play ball.

Nickatilynx
01-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Most Countries already do playball on anything criminal.

If you have a Swiss Bank account and the IRS say "Hello" , your manager Hans will say , by law, "I suggest you try some Sex and Travel"

If it is a a criminal matter though , its a whole new set of rules...

TheEnforcer
01-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by *KK*@Jan 13 2005, 05:54 PM
2005 is going to be an interesting year all around I think. Rumors of government intervention stateside in all different directions. And if this turns out to be true, just being from another country or having yourself set up in another country isn't going to be the magic shield that some people think it will be. When the US government starts invoking the Patriot Act and crap like that, I can see many many non US countries deciding to play ball.
That is a rather ominous post KK!! :o

*KK*
01-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Jan 13 2005, 03:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Jan 13 2005, 03:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Jan 13 2005, 05:54 PM
That is a rather ominous post KK!! :o [/b][/quote]
Some people might think so, but I'm more of a glass half full type ;)

Almighty Colin
01-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by *KK*+Jan 13 2005, 06:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (*KK* @ Jan 13 2005, 06:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jan 13 2005, 03:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-*KK*@Jan 13 2005, 05:54 PM
That is a rather ominous post KK!! :o
Some people might think so, but I'm more of a glass half full type ;) [/b][/quote]
The glass is always full though some of it is with air.

JoesHO
01-14-2005, 09:24 AM
As long as no drug laws, or terrorism laws are being broke, I find it a bit of a stretch to think that the patriot act will be applied ( unless they link spam funds to terrorist profits)

if the day comes where the prosecuitions get that out of hand, I bet you will see the end of the patriot act. ( and no one wants that from the right wing)

clearly the supreme court is setting boundries on wild and overzealous undue punishment by their ruling on Mandatory sentencing that was just knocked down.

I would think that they, the supreme court, (if given the chance to rule on it ) will also not allow the wide net that sceptics were afraid of when the patriot act came out , to be cast.

I do still have some hope for our country, and do not believe it will turn into a full blown police state as many claim. :salute:

LeeNoga
01-14-2005, 09:43 AM
I wish the Gov't would be this aggressive with CP but what they do not tell you is unless the child in the pic can be identified, they cannot prosecute.

We been waiting for the shoe to drop since 1997, and there is always this blast of 'scare" and then there is no follow thru.

For some reason, I think this spam thing has about run its course, and the scare will fade away, and we will not hear any more any time soon.

Gov't just has no follow thru once they get our attention, why should this be any different.

Nickatilynx
01-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Another suit btw

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/n...am_lawsuit_dc_4 (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050114/tc_nm/tech_spam_lawsuit_dc_4)

SykkBoy
01-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by LeeNoga@Jan 14 2005, 09:44 AM
I wish the Gov't would be this aggressive with CP but what they do not tell you is unless the child in the pic can be identified, they cannot prosecute.

We been waiting for the shoe to drop since 1997, and there is always this blast of 'scare" and then there is no follow thru.

For some reason, I think this spam thing has about run its course, and the scare will fade away, and we will not hear any more any time soon.

Gov't just has no follow thru once they get our attention, why should this be any different.
yeah
they always make headlines with CP arrests then fuck up along the way and get very few, if any, prosecutions...

we just had a cop busted in a sting her the other day...
he arrested a 14 year old girl on prositution charges then offered to have the charges dropped for performing various sex acts and making some videos...
and yet the governement is going after spammers...unbelievable...

just like we had a bunch of do gooder politicians who were going to "clean up the sex industry in Las Vegas" who turned out to be the dirtiest of the bunch by demanding bribes from strip club owners in exchange for favorable zoning laws...

There are people in this industry I trust infinitely more than I would a police officer or politician...