PDA

View Full Version : Another Movie I'm Really Looking Forward To

SykkBoy
01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
http://www.shuttermovie.com (it forwards to the forum, just click "Back To Shutter Website" and check out the kickass trailer)
that trailer rules...

of course, it won't be in the country for a long time or they'll make a boring PG13 remake with the hot actor of the moment....

crap, I've been working on a similar-themed screenplay...will have to change a few things now, heheh

Peaches
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Want to go with me to Japan next fall? :)

SykkBoy
01-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 10 2005, 05:41 PM
Want to go with me to Japan next fall? :)
sure!

I seriously want to travel Asia and go on a movie tour...watch movies in the various countries with the locals....

Yug
01-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Man, that looks awesome ...

Japan is just cranking out the great horror movies in the last decade or so, not just cheap thrills, but genuine scares. And hollywood is trying to keep up with remakes :lol:

The main guy in that trailer looks familiar, any idea what else he has been in?

I remember importing the japanese version of the ring (ringu) on dvd before there was any hype about it, and before a remake was announced. Me and my mate heard it was scary, so we started watching it at midnight. Now, anyone who has seen the recent hollywood version, the plot is pretty much the same. So in the last 10 minutes, during that whole last scene, we were both watching it, knuckles white and freaking out. And then OUR phone rang.

I had a TV in my room at the time, and I eventually had to move it out cause I couldnt get to sleep with it in there :P

SykkBoy
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Yug@Jan 10 2005, 05:51 PM
Man, that looks awesome ...

Japan is just cranking out the great horror movies in the last decade or so, not just cheap thrills, but genuine scares. And hollywood is trying to keep up with remakes :lol:

The main guy in that trailer looks familiar, any idea what else he has been in?

I remember importing the japanese version of the ring (ringu) on dvd before there was any hype about it, and before a remake was announced. Me and my mate heard it was scary, so we started watching it at midnight. Now, anyone who has seen the recent hollywood version, the plot is pretty much the same. So in the last 10 minutes, during that whole last scene, we were both watching it, knuckles white and freaking out. And then OUR phone rang.

I had a TV in my room at the time, and I eventually had to move it out cause I couldnt get to sleep with it in there :P
yeah, Japan is really cranking them as is Korea and China.....
I remember first seeing Ringu about the time the remake was announced (I'd heard of it before, but hadn't had a chance to track it down) and I remember that final 10 minutes that they totally botched in the remake...almost as chilling as the elevator scene in "The Eye"

Dravyk
01-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Saw "Team America: World Police" from the creators of South Park at the hotel in Vegas. Haven't laughed so hard during a movie in a long time as that! Highly recommended, but not for everyone's funny bone.