PDA

View Full Version : Modern Philosophy

Almighty Colin
01-10-2005, 08:15 AM
The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A Death. What’s that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you’re too young, you get a gold watch and you go to work. You work forty years until you’re young enough to enjoy your retirement. You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities. You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, spend your last nine months floating.. .and you finish off as an orgasm.

- george carlin

Nickatilynx
01-10-2005, 11:38 AM
In that way though...think man!!!

Santa would be a total bastard.Every year he steals toys from kids.

Taking a shit would be traumatising.

(answers courtesy "Red Dwarf")

Almighty Colin
01-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jan 10 2005, 11:39 AM
In that way though...think man!!!

Santa would be a total bastard.Every year he steals toys from kids.

Taking a shit would be traumatising.

(answers courtesy "Red Dwarf")
It's good to be Santa.

sarettah
01-10-2005, 01:01 PM
(as Cartman lies on the proctocologist's table, the alien anal probe emerges from his ass and opens up)

Cartman: OHHHHH JESUUUS OWWWWW OHHHHH

Stan: Cartman, are you OK ?

Cartman: You know that feeling when you take a really big dump?....sweeetttttt

(At this point the anal probe folds up and tucks itself back in Cartman's ass)

Cartman: OHHHHH JESUUUS OWWWWW OHHHHH

Stan: Cartman, are you OK ?

Cartman: You know that feeling when the dump goes back in? OF COURSE I'M NOT OK!!!

:yowsa:

edited to get the fucking quotes right.... :headwall:

TheEnforcer
01-10-2005, 01:45 PM
LOL

Good stuff...

Here I thought because Colin started the thread it was gonna be a serious conversation on how modern philosophy (20th century) compares with classic philosophy!! :P

Opti
01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jan 11 2005, 04:46 AM
LOL

Good stuff...

Here I thought because Colin started the thread it was gonna be a serious conversation on how modern philosophy (20th century) compares with classic philosophy!! :P
And after thinking THAT.. you clicked into the thread!? :nyanya:

*KK*
01-10-2005, 05:54 PM
LOL, I watched Collateral last night -- the villian (Felix) recited the Mexican Santa and Pedro story which is very similar to the Dutch version of Santa Claus.

Just thought I'd toss that in.

TheEnforcer
01-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Opti+Jan 10 2005, 05:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Opti @ Jan 10 2005, 05:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheEnforcer@Jan 11 2005, 04:46 AM
LOL

Good stuff...

And after thinking THAT.. you clicked into the thread!? :nyanya: [/b][/quote]
Yup. :P

Opti
01-10-2005, 06:12 PM
duh.. that was rhetorical TE! :P

;-))

Almighty Colin
01-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer@Jan 10 2005, 01:46 PM
LOL

Good stuff...

I did! Today's philosophers are comedians and musicians. Observe:

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment" - Buddha

"if you can't be with the one you love, honey Love the one you're with" -- Stephen Stills

----

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

"I am beautiful no matter what they say. Words can't bring me down"
- Christina Aguilera

-----

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates

"Don't you get it bitch, no one can hear you? Now shut the fuck up and get what's comin to you. You were supposed to love me" - Eminem

TheEnforcer
01-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Hahaha.. to damn funny Colin!! :lol: