PDA

View Full Version : please help me.. what should i do?

tanxien
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
hello people please help me.. what should do i going to do? this company has unpaid bill for me. i tried to contact him over icq everyday no response at all and also he's not replying on my emails. and now also i didn't saw him online on his msn.. just after my last project 2 FPA, 2 HFA, 6 animated banners of nasty housewives, whoever is the client of this project please let me know if you paid him. because he told me that he's going to pay in full when its done and when he gots the psds. until now i haven't heard any words from him. have mercy, it is not that big amount u know that. i see you posted here that u got some new stuffs blah bla and go shopping, u can afford those things then why can't you afford to pay me?

Newton
01-04-2005, 11:41 PM
1. They may be in Vegas and not available to comment on your circumstances.

2. IF you already gave away the psd's you may be fucked, dont give out any psds until the cash is in your hand.

3. Be very careful if you are attempting to name and shame the person/company, there are three sides to every story; your side of the story, their side and the truth.

Nickatilynx
01-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Is it jujst me or are a lot of designers having trouble getting paid?

Newtons advice on these matters IMHO is very sound.

and if you are still unsatisfied , you may resort to "Trial by Oprano".

;-)))

I am a "board pisser" for hire , and I am sure serge is ;-)))

Newton
01-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Cheers Chap ;)

Its a double edged sword though, not just designers, but clients too on occasion get the run around.

Was there something in the pipeline for a board court/name and shame area? Take em up afore the beak? Potentially an interesting prospect, both sides state their case, down to evidence and testimony presented and the jury passes their verdict to the beak on the case.

Sabby
01-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jan 4 2005, 11:52 PM

Yeah, and you can always hire Sabby to stick a BAT up his ass....

Woman with bat... @ your service ;)

:wnw:

Sabby:)

Nickatilynx
01-05-2005, 12:46 AM
sabby,

you scare me.

and yet you strangely arouse me LOL

and as for Newton, he is one of the "new" here webmasters I predict great things for and am pleased he contributes here.

If an opranaut wants to something that is there own idea but wishes to fly it under the Oprano flag ,I just got off the phone with my partner in Vegas and we are ion agreement.

"Lets talk"

A group wants to run and manage "Oprano Court".

Done.

You will get our full support behind you , whatever you need can be don e.

You can be self governing even...

but we will require"a taste"

;-)))

This offer is open to ALL family members. :)

But ONLY family members.

ie eventually in this little thing of ours you EARN the right to your own crew.

;-)))

TheEnforcer
01-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Jan 5 2005, 12:47 AM
sabby,

you scare me.

Pretty much nails it. Brains, beauty, and an agressive sexual nature are an intoxicating combination even if it can be a little scary!! :zoinks:

DrumWild
01-05-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by TheEnforcer+Jan 4 2005, 11:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheEnforcer @ Jan 4 2005, 11:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Jan 5 2005, 12:47 AM
sabby,

you scare me.

Pretty much nails it. Brains, beauty, and an agressive sexual nature are an intoxicating combination even if it can be a little scary!! :zoinks: [/b][/quote]
you're right with that :zoinks:

Anthony
01-05-2005, 05:41 AM
Why the fuck are you sending me PM's asking me if I ordered this?

Winetalk.com
01-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Sabby+Jan 5 2005, 12:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sabby @ Jan 5 2005, 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Jan 4 2005, 11:52 PM

Yeah, and you can always hire Sabby to stick a BAT up his ass....

Woman with bat... @ your service ;)

:wnw:

Sabby:) [/b][/quote]
I'll do it for the case of Chateau Lafitte, 1989...
;)

( and I swear I'll send it back if I don't like it ;-)

Nickatilynx
01-05-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Anthony@Jan 5 2005, 02:42 AM
Why the fuck are you sending me PM's asking me if I ordered this?

huh?

sarettah
01-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Let's see if I can interpret this (although ny noobie is rusty these days)

1. Tanxien did some banners, FPAs etc for someone that posts here.
2. The banners etc were for a third party, so whoever Tanxien did them for here was brokering them to someone else.
3. Tanxien was supposed to get paid as soon qas the third party paid up.
4. The "broker" has been posting that they have been buying stuff so therefore they have money
5. Tanxien has been pming Ant (and possibly others) attempting to find out who the third party was because he wants to know if the broker has been paid.

Tanxien, as others have posted, It is often hard to get a hold of folks during the first week in January because lots of folks are in Vegas for Internext, so if you can hold out for a couple of days, by this Friday or Saturday things should be back to normal.

If you decide to take this to the boards and name names etc, then be prepared to never get paid. That is often the way things work, you can have the cash or you can have the drama, most of the times you cannot have both.

If you did banners and FPAs etc, then you know what site they were for I would guess because usually the site name is on the banner or fpa. Go to the site, find out what sponsor that site belongs to, go to the sponsor page and see if they are using the grphics. If they are, contact the sponsor and let them know that the graphics they are using have not been paid for. The sponsor can put more pressure on the broker than you can.

Hope that helps

tanxien
01-05-2005, 04:25 PM
thanks for all the advices guys...it really helps. no choice but should wait til monday. --i gave the all the psd because i trust this guy besides we have worked together since october. for the recent update. this is a sad part, my buddy told me that he is hired now working in the company of this person. why is that? he is now hiring someone.. so do you think he has no more plan paying us? i am so paranoid. i hope we can talk and settle this soon.

thanks again in advance.

Newton
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
You are mixing business and personal issues ... Don't let the latter cloud your judgement.

Nickatilynx
01-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by tanxien@Jan 5 2005, 01:26 PM
thanks for all the advices guys...it really helps. no choice but should wait til monday. --i gave the all the psd because i trust this guy besides we have worked together since october. for the recent update. this is a sad part, my buddy told me that he is hired now working in the company of this person. why is that? he is now hiring someone.. so do you think he has no more plan paying us? i am so paranoid. i hope we can talk and settle this soon.

thanks again in advance.
Name him!!!!

and if he is:

A non advertiser , non likely to advertise = have at him!
family member = thread deleted!
sponsor or potential sponsor = you are banned!

;-)))))))