PDA

View Full Version : Google Sucks

Nickatilynx
12-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Dec 27 2004, 12:29 PM
Had this as a reply to a another thread. Decided it should probably be it's own thread, so ....

Funny, Google isn't talking to the news about their OWN frauding affiliates up the ass. Seems any time a targeted traffic site starts making money, Google shuts them off, says they are using bots and keeps the money. If the Adsense stuff is on a major portal with crappy non-targeted traffic, natch they stay and get paid.

... Which must be a real boon to the Adwords people spending their PPC money on them. So it looks like Google is screwing everyone. And, natch, there is no appeal, no recourse.

Don't believe me? Check (LMAO!) Google and search for what they've been saying for over a year at the mainstream forums! It's adult time in the real world and the big guys are majoring fucking over little affiliates.

Oh, and on another note, know one was able to get to Google to see if they could do anything to curb the Santy Worm last week. Seems they have no "real life" contact data. Once they were contacted, and it was too late, Google said they wouldn't have done anything anyhow AND they don't plan to stop future worms from using their results as a reproductive contamination engine either.

Google is quickly going from the webmasters and advertisers best friend to their worst enemy.

... And (brilliant!!) all of this is at a time when MSN and Yahoo are nearing parity levels. Expect Google to be the number three search eninge (at this rate) by end of January.

Funny, Google isn't talking to the news about their OWN frauding affiliates up the ass. Seems any time a targeted traffic site starts making money, Google shuts them off, says they are using bots and keeps the money. If the Adsense stuff is on a major portal with crappy non-targeted traffic, natch they stay and get paid.

can you explain by examle what you mean for me please?

Nickatilynx
12-27-2004, 03:07 PM
dude i must be dense...

so they delisted her site?
or forbade her to send traffic?

Nickatilynx
12-27-2004, 03:09 PM
also...you can get to speak to a voice at google...

Instead of saying "its about santy worm"

Say..

"I represent XXX Corp and I wish to buy $100,000 of traffic this month for a new product I am bringing to the online market that has gone very well on TV infomercials"

;-))

Dravyk
12-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Had this as a reply to a another thread. Decided it should probably be it's own thread, so ....

... Which must be a real boon to the Adwords people spending their PPC money on them. So it looks like Google is screwing everyone. And, natch, there is no appeal, no recourse.

Don't believe me? Check (LMAO!) Google and search for what they've been saying for over a year at the mainstream forums! It's adult time in the real world and the big guys are majoring fucking over little affiliates.

Oh, and on another note, know one was able to get to Google to see if they could do anything to curb the Santy Worm last week. Seems they have no "real life" contact data. Once they were contacted, and it was too late, Google said they wouldn't have done anything anyhow AND they don't plan to stop future worms from using their results as a reproductive contamination engine either.

Google is quickly going from the webmasters and advertisers best friend to their worst enemy.

... And (brilliant!!) all of this is at a time when MSN and Yahoo are nearing parity levels. Expect Google to be the number three search eninge (at this rate) by end of January.

Nickatilynx
12-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Dec 27 2004, 01:05 PM
Ok, quick explanation cause this is easy to mess up, the names are so similiar. Adwords is the content niched PPC that advertisers sign up for; those ads are shown both on Google and via Google on other webmasters sites. Adsense is where webmasters sign up to get ads placed on their sites and are paid per click out.

She was making a grand a month on Adsense. They come by and say "our bot has detected you are either: using a bot, or are otherwise defruading by clicking on your own ads", and then they suspend the code, close down the account and keep any monies that have been made since the last check was sent. (Which btw, they are always two months late sending out the money. They must have iBill employees.)

The ads are no longer on that site as she's looking for an alternate Adsense type program to replace it with. To my knowledge it doesn't (seem) to affect the search engine listings, just their affiliate program.
new account...refresh old domain to new domain with a dopy of the original site...

badabing bada boom..

use old adult tricks on 'em ;-)))

Dravyk
12-27-2004, 03:51 PM
Well, let's see. Electra's Tower of London Tour site, mostly history of the historic site, and with an English recipes section and a children's section, were cut off recently.

Talked to Melody and she knows of a friend who had, get this, a quilting and comforter site that was shut off.

Scan the search engines and you'll see other people with targeted, super-niched sites have been shut off. But not the news portals, weather portals, etc. AND amazingly not the game sites and other such sites that are mass general traffic.

As Melody said, "If you're going to rip off Google, you're not going to put up a history site or a quilting site. You're going to put up a site with ripped off pics of Britiney Spears on it."

In short -- and remember, Adwords is contectual advertising -- Google hasn't a clue.

Dravyk
12-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Ok, quick explanation cause this is easy to mess up, the names are so similiar. Adwords is the content niched PPC that advertisers sign up for; those ads are shown both on Google and via Google on other webmasters sites. Adsense is where webmasters sign up to get ads placed on their sites and are paid per click out.

She was making a grand a month on Adsense. They come by and say "our bot has detected you are either: using a bot, or are otherwise defruading by clicking on your own ads", and then they suspend the code, close down the account and keep any monies that have been made since the last check was sent. (Which btw, they are always two months late sending out the money. They must have iBill employees.)

The ads are no longer on that site as she's looking for an alternate Adsense type program to replace it with. To my knowledge it doesn't (seem) to affect the search engine listings, just their affiliate program.

Dravyk
12-27-2004, 04:52 PM
True, but ... Then, they'll just do it again.

We need adult people over there in mainstream.

In adult, if I have a problem, I know my Domain Registrar personally. My host personally. Can call them up any time, get instant service. Ditto at least half or more of the sponsor programs. I know the service reps, but better, I know their bosses and they know me.

In mainstream, if you need to write or call a sponsor ... no idea who they are. No relationship exists, no face to put with the name, no addresses on "where they live" (hehe) .... Gotta get more of adult folks over there to the "New World"!

Not only is it a bunch of different penquins there, there's also about 50X more of them!

:)

gonzo
12-27-2004, 10:40 PM
No comment.

Dravyk
12-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Dec 27 2004, 10:41 PM
No comment.
Go ahead. You know you wanna. :awinky: