PDA

View Full Version : Pros + Cons For Affiliate Links

Lee
12-23-2004, 03:15 AM
Okay so we're gearing up for the launch of our new affiliate program but are looking for some feedback from you guys who have existing programs in place presently as to what the pros + cons of using processor generated linking codes vs. affiliate software linking codes are?

Right now we are considering MPA2 and 3xScripts solutions, if we go the script generated route, are these decent programs to use? Anyone got any other suggested programs we should be looking at or, should we just use our processors link codes?

Im of the view it doesnt really matter which we use so long as the affiliates and more importantly, we make money from the program.

So what are your thoughts on this? Give affiliates CCBill linking codes for each site or, give them a webmaster lounge where they can go in and grab their link codes?

gonzo
12-23-2004, 04:48 AM
Lee you might also look into using the NATS cascading billing system as well. I have a secret project that has been using the system to manage billing and affiliates and there was a substantial increase in revenue using the cascading system.

Seems this site was leaving money on the table by relying on one processor and one methodology of payment. We have Epoch as a primary biller....CCbill as secondary and 123bill catches the extras left on the table. The script also handles the payout and functions of the affiliate program. It also has recently gained popularity due to its claims not to be shave friendly. I highly recommend it.

If you dont believe me ask Sykkboy how braincash likes it.

Fatbaby can get you set up with 123bill.

And if your looking for a extreal check processing solution you might want to look at achdebit.com . My homeboy WIG here can tell you all about using checks as a payout scheme. I do know it works,

Angel Eyes or GoGoBar can get you hooked up with NATS. They also have a booth at the show along with the rest of the aforementioned companies.

I encourage all of us to do business with friends and family of Oprano.

family MATTERS!!!

Lets not forget one of the founding principals set forth by Godfather Serge and Godfather Mike AI....

Oprano - The family that does business.

Lee
12-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Gonzo,

My issue with NATs is that its a leased service, im an old fashioned kinda guy who likes to actually own something im paying for LOL

I know off the bat to own a copy of MPA2 is going to cost in the region of 12-15k and the X3 scripts solution (which is being used on Stud Money) is $7500 to own outright.

I dont have to worry about future affiliate programs we'll be launching and i dont have to worry whether or not im making to much money and my monthly bill subscription goes up, ill know what i need to pay out each month for the software $0.00 LOL

We are looking at diversifying our billing processors and Bill is already on our contact list next month when we get a little closer to launch :)

My main concern as of right now, is whether to launch initially with an integrated software solution to handle the affiliate side of things for us or, whether we should just give affiliates CCBill / Epoch linking codes etc.

As i mentioned above, personally im not fussed either way but i think affiliates would tend to like an integrated system where they can check their traffic and sales reports all in one place rather than having to go to the processor to get that info.

Lee
12-23-2004, 05:14 AM
Oh i should also append..

My concerns (apart from the webmaster ease of use issue) with whether we should go with an integrated software package or use a processors linking code is driven by my marketing needs for both.

One option allows me to play the 'payments made by a trusted third party' angle whilst the other allows me to play the 'payments made by us directly' angle.

Decisions, decisions lol

Oystein
12-23-2004, 10:35 AM
Lee,

Be sure to contact me (I will be back in LA between Xmas and New Years) for some references for MPA3 (and MPA2) and be sure to look at MPA3 and not 2 as well ;-)

http://www.mansionproductions.com/mpa3

I have heard good things about X3 as well, so I am sure you will be happy with either.

Have a good Xmas!

Oystein

gonzo
12-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Im still waiting form someone to do a head to head comparison of Mansion and NATS.

PBucksJohn
12-23-2004, 10:48 AM
NATS is available outright (one-time) at $12,500.

wig
12-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Lee,

MPA, NATS and X3 are all good companies that WTS (achdebit.com) is integrated with.

If you go the route of a 3rd party solution provider for affiliate tracking, you will have the benefit of diversifying your billing solutions, benefiting from cascading and having your affiliates all in one place (beneficial for you and them).

You can use WTS for check processing where we charge you ONLY on the checks that CLEAR.

And, you can use SwiftPay (http://www.wtabank.com/swiftpay) to make your affiliate payments.

LMK if I can assist in any way and best of luck with your new proggy.

SykkBoy
12-23-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by gonzo@Dec 23 2004, 04:49 AM
If you dont believe me ask Sykkboy how braincash likes it.
I'm not sure how braincash likes it, but we love it at Evil Genius Cash ;-)

DrGuile
12-23-2004, 12:50 PM
it's not entirely founded, but having ccbill links does not look very professional.

you'd think a "serious" affiliate program would have its own system.

That's how I believe webmasters see it

Lee
12-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by PBucksJohn@Dec 23 2004, 07:49 AM
NATS is available outright (one-time) at $12,500.
John,

Is that $12,500 'per affiliate program' or $12,500 for as many installations as we like?

Hell Puppy
12-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Who owns the data in a system like NATS? Does it live with NATS or the program owner, and who has access?

Just curious if running NATS is kinda like using a third party processor in general in that no matter what you do sooner or later all those member emails are going to start mysteriously getting spammed.