PDA

View Full Version : Paysite Gallery Preview Thumb Question.

Lee
12-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Just wondered if those of you who own paysites had noticed if using a specific type of image for the gallery thumbnail made any difference to the usability / popularity of members viewing galleries?

For example, do thumbnails showing a face tend to get clicked on more or, do full body or random thumbnail images work better?

Right now im in the process of selecting thumbnail images to use for our member area gallery previews but before i do all 3k+ of them i want to find out what the best type of thumbnail image to use is.

Anyone every tested this before?

SykkBoy
12-22-2004, 09:40 PM
it depends upon what you're selling

I mainly deal with big tits, so my thumbs focus on breasts/nipples
if it were for a teen site or solo amateur, it would be the face with a big smile...

Lee
12-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by SykkBoy@Dec 22 2004, 06:41 PM

if it were for a teen site or solo amateur, it would be the face with a big smile...
Thats what the issue is LOL

We have 50 'niche' sites we're working on currently and i want to try and make th thumbnail for each set as niche specific as possible however, some of the sets, because they fit into multiple niches im not sure what the best way to handle the preview thumb will be.

Im guessing where a set has multiple niches, the best thing to do is a full body shot?

For more specific niches like uncut cocks etc, show a thumb of the genital area.

SykkBoy
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Dec 22 2004, 09:44 PM
Im guessing where a set has multiple niches, the best thing to do is a full body shot?

For more specific niches like uncut cocks etc, show a thumb of the genital area.
yup
can never go wrong with having a hot model on the thumb...

Lee
12-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks Sykk :)

Got a few thumbs to change before next month now lol

Hell Puppy
12-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Dec 22 2004, 09:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Dec 22 2004, 09:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SykkBoy@Dec 22 2004, 06:41 PM

Thats what the issue is LOL

We have 50 'niche' sites we're working on currently and i want to try and make th thumbnail for each set as niche specific as possible however, some of the sets, because they fit into multiple niches im not sure what the best way to handle the preview thumb will be.

For more specific niches like uncut cocks etc, show a thumb of the genital area. [/b][/quote]
Full body shot typically doesn't work that well because the thumb is so small you cant tell much about it.

I agree with Sykk, best to highlight what you're selling even if it means packaging the same gallery 5 different ways to satisfy 5 different niches. The extra effort will pay off with much better click thrus, and those click thru's will be better targeted and filtered and thus should also convert better.

Lee
12-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Dec 22 2004, 08:29 PM
I agree with Sykk, best to highlight what you're selling even if it means packaging the same gallery 5 different ways to satisfy 5 different niches. The extra effort will pay off with much better click thrus, and those click thru's will be better targeted and filtered and thus should also convert better.
Thats what im looking at right now as it happens :)

The problem i have though is that pretty much every set we have is cross categorized, some of them by 10+ niches LOL

Might have to get our programmer to play with the custom CMS we've had written to let specific thumbs show for specific niches, thats probably going to be the easiest thing to do :)

Dravyk
12-23-2004, 12:47 PM
See, Lee? If you had just bought Content God instead of your own inhouse CMS you could have changed the thumbs via each paysite to what you wanted without fuss. :D

Lee
12-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Dec 23 2004, 09:48 AM
See, Lee? If you had just bought Content God instead of your own inhouse CMS you could have changed the thumbs via each paysite to what you wanted without fuss. :D
Haha fucker LOL

Looking forward to seeing you an Ele in Vegas bro :)

Dravyk
12-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Dec 23 2004, 04:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Dec 23 2004, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Dec 23 2004, 09:48 AM
Haha fucker LOL

Looking forward to seeing you an Ele in Vegas bro :)[/b][/quote]
Had to go for it, Lee! LMAO!

Vegas, same here, bro!

Looks like the best parties are mostly going to be yours! :stout: