PDA

View Full Version : Dantheman M3SERVER WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

Cleo
12-20-2004, 08:22 AM
2nd time is less then a month, WTF!

:angry:

Meat
12-20-2004, 08:29 AM
weve emailed there tech guys.

Meat
12-20-2004, 09:33 AM
bumping cos they still down:(

Cleo
12-20-2004, 09:38 AM
I started a thread over on GG&J's board too.

I had Dantheman's cell phone number at one time but can't find it now.

Fuck there goes today's listings. I wonder how many members will cancel over at the paysite that I run?

Not good, especially when you can't get a hold of them to know what is happening.

sarettah
12-20-2004, 09:43 AM
1-800-445-3119

:okthumb:

sarettah
12-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Router switch down............

just talked to Danny. Should be up shortly.

Cleo
12-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by sarettah@Dec 20 2004, 09:44 AM
1-800-445-3119

:okthumb:
I tried that and got their voicemail.

Hmmm… 2nd time this month with router problems. :(

Nickatilynx
12-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Cleo@Dec 20 2004, 06:39 AM

I wonder how many members will cancel over at the paysite that I run?

ummmm....1?

;-)))

dantheman
12-20-2004, 11:57 AM
When it rains it pours..........................
Sorry it took me a little while to get here this morning, Guess you might call today the Monday from HELL.
First thing this morning at around 7:30 central time we lost a 2bit piece in a router system between us and the local noc, I took a combined effort
of several smart(well some were)techs to trouble shoot the issue and get it resolved. We were working to us and
from us for the first 30 minutes trying to hunt down the bug, came down to one outlet on one UPS on one router
:((((((((((( sometimes it doesnt matter how redundant you are it still is a thousound peices connected
together to make it work but it only takes 1 to stop it.

This is the 3rd time this fall that we've been hit by things that you really cant completly prepare for, But after
ever one of them we've worked very hard to try to put something inplace to better deal with these issues.

All I can say is we're very sorry and we're ALWAYS working on our end to make the network better, on our
end and beyond.

Also, I would like to take this time to wish you all Happy Holidays.

Danny

sarettah
11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Found an old one so no need to start a new thread.

Been down for an hour and 15 minutes at this point. This is following a down time a few days back that went to 12 hours.

Apparently the same "down" message as a few days ago is still on their phone system, I don't think it is a new one because it was there when I called 15 minutes into today's downtime, also the message box on the line is full.

Call the local number and it switches to the same line as the 800 number, so no help there.

So. What to do? Can't get a hold of anyone, don't know for sure what is going on and this is the biggest shopping weekend of the year and the Jewelry sites are fucking down.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gonzo
11-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Found an old one so no need to start a new thread.

Been down for an hour and 15 minutes at this point. This is following a down time a few days back that went to 12 hours.

Apparently the same "down" message as a few days ago is still on their phone system, I don't think it is a new one because it was there when I called 15 minutes into today's downtime, also the message box on the line is full.

Call the local number and it switches to the same line as the 800 number, so no help there.

So. What to do? Can't get a hold of anyone, don't know for sure what is going on and this is the biggest shopping weekend of the year and the Jewelry sites are fucking down.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The Holiday Trend continues!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sare... why you are still there amazes me.
THere are so many great hosts now with great service and competative pricing. I know you know who they are.

Hell Puppy
11-21-2007, 08:00 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

THere are so many great hosts now with great service and competative pricing. I know you know who they are.

Didn't someone buy M3? Or am I thinking of someone else?

sarettah
11-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

I stayed out of loyalty back when it looked like many were jumping ship. I get good service for the most part and I haven't found anyone that can beat their price yet., and yes, I have been looking.

Usually, everything is clean and green and running smoothly but when they go down it is a pain in the ass. Just a note of some sort on the boards or something would calm me way the fuck down. But, when I see it go down and I get on the phone and I am hearing the same down message as the past weekend and the message box is fucking full it gets very frustrating.

sarettah
11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Didn't someone buy M3? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don't think anyone bought it. The crew is the same as always from what I know. Corey in Tech Support, Merlin in the CEO seat.

sarettah
11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah.

2 hours and 30 minutes.

I am open to offers from hosting companies for a baby dedicated. Currently paying $49 a month. Need managed but also need root access. I do not want virtual (thank you very much) as I do quite a bit of development and it just isn't fair to everyone else when I decide to write an endless loop ;p

Don't want anything beyond a simple control panel to add domains and control email.

Specs are:
512 kbps bandwidth
60 Gig HD
Celeron 2Ghz
512gb ram
2 ips
mysql
php

Nymph
11-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey sweetie, let me know if ya find something good, I might be moving too.

Rcourt64
11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
ATCI (http://www.atcihosting.com/?ref_id=456)

Basic Virtual Plan

30GB Transfer
2GB Storage
CGI, PHP, MySQL
Free Control Panel
No Set-Up, No Contracts
Semi-Dedicated Server

750GB's Bandwidth
20GB Storage
4-6 Customers per Server
Free Control Panel
No Set-Up, No ContractsBasic Dedicated Server

2.8GHz P4 CPU
80GB SATA HD
512MB Ram
Free Control Panel
No Contracts

Nymph
11-21-2007, 09:05 PM

Basic Virtual Plan

30GB Transfer
2GB Storage
CGI, PHP, MySQL
Free Control Panel
No Set-Up, No ContractsSemi-Dedicated Server

750GB's Bandwidth
20GB Storage
4-6 Customers per Server
Free Control Panel

2.8GHz P4 CPU
80GB SATA HD
512MB Ram
Free Control Panel
No Contracts

Is this the one you are using?

Rcourt64
11-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Is this the one you are using?

why is it always a question with you lady? :hmm:

sarettah
11-21-2007, 09:41 PM

Basic Virtual Plan

30GB Transfer
2GB Storage
CGI, PHP, MySQL
Free Control Panel
No Set-Up, No Contracts
Semi-Dedicated Server

750GB's Bandwidth
20GB Storage
4-6 Customers per Server
Free Control Panel

2.8GHz P4 CPU
80GB SATA HD
512MB Ram
Free Control Panel
No Contracts

Thanx, but their smallest dedicated box is $99/month so that's basically double. I've already found a couple that I can do all the mainstream stuff on at comparable prices but they are NOT adult friendly and I still do adult, especially on the development side. I might possibly end up doing a baby dedicated for the mainstream and just move all my development in house and get a virtual box for the adult stuff.

sarettah
11-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Ok, just noticed by my sig that they are back up. Hopefully I can calm down and get through the weekend and deal with choices next week when I can get a hold of folk.

Thanx for sharing the commiseration (sp?)

Nymph
11-22-2007, 06:50 AM
why is it always a question with you lady? :hmm:

I just like to annoy you ;)

Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question, and besides, I've dealt with your server, and it about drove me nuts :p

yanone
11-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi There, hi Sarettah

I'm also using M3server solution, i've a dedicated DS3 with them. I found this board by searching on a 'm3server down thread..' In a way, i'm very happy to see someone posted a recent message about simplecom (all others i found are from 2004 ^^) !

Until now i've been very satisfied with their service, but right now i'm starting to be very worry... No answer at all, from all the team, impossible to reach Corey by phone, impossible to get Chris from the billing team for weeks !!! It is unusual so for me it start looking bad.... i would appreciate to get some feedbacks from other simplecom's customers out of there...

sarettah
11-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Hi There, hi Sarettah

I'm also using M3server solution, i've a dedicated DS3 with them. I found this board by searching on a 'm3server down thread..' In a way, i'm very happy to see someone posted a recent message about simplecom (all others i found are from 2004 ^^) !

Until now i've been very satisfied with their service, but right now i'm starting to be very worry... No answer at all, from all the team, impossible to reach Corey by phone, impossible to get Chris from the billing team for weeks !!! It is unusual so for me it start looking bad.... i would appreciate to get some feedbacks from other simplecom's customers out of there...

Hey Vanone.

The only time anyone posts about M3 is when they are down ;p

There is a thread or 2 on GG&J from back in July when there was some downtime, other than that, the fact is they haven't been down much. Back in '05 there was some major downtimes and a lot of folks switched and I don't know that M3 has gotten the customer base back to where it was. Prior to that there were still a hell of a lot of people on M3.

I was just checking some sites that I know are M3, mine are up and running. VNWR however is still down. Wonder if Voltar is moving away or what?

I am at least going to put in a backup resource, probably down stairs at first. Think I am going to go out this weekend and get a copy of Redhat or some such and finally set up a Linux box here so I can put a mirror up. Then, if there is down time I can just change out the dns (already run my own dns server) and be back up even if only minimally.

Our retail sites are pretty much pure html, so I can already set up a back up on them. The wholesale site has some scripting in it so I need php for it. I could do most of it on the win server I am running here now (not iis) but still need htaccess, so the choices become installing apache and php on the win server (which would totally disrupt the viking install I am running and that has run flawlessly for 5+ years) or I can set up a new box. Think I will go with the new box.

So, looks like I have my work cut out for me this weekend.

Biggest bitch right this minute is the development ssues. When they went down a few days back (not their fault on that down, cut cable somewhere upstream/downstream/whereverstream) it was primetime, they were down from 8am my time till about 8pm my time. Lost 12 hours of development time there, combine that with the measures I started to take at that point to protect myself and I lost anywhere from 16-20 hours of prime coding time that I am still playing catch up on. Was planning to be coding last night and the down time took that away too.

Sucks to have to deal with this shit, hate having to make decisions about this stuff on the fly, so like I say, I will see if we make it through the weekend and will talk to folks on Monday when everyone is back at work.

yanone
11-23-2007, 06:14 AM
ok, well i've got some news from Simplecom ! have to say i'm much less worry now. You 're right, people only post when m3 down :) and indeed since 2005 it has been rare.

Getting no answers is the worst thing cause it makes people imagine the worst. To people now reading this i want to say the confidence with M3 came back for us, i guess those who staid with M3 all this years are just like us, they like M3 and wish to be loyal... Most of the time the tech team, and the service just rocks, that 's why right now i feel good getting feebdack from them. Time will tell but seems things are fine with them right now.

like you Sarettah, the down of friday broke a whole day of developpment. About running an own dns, do you know if we can make point the domain to an external IP than the one hosting the 'home' dns ? I mean, imagine you pay for 2 servers on 2 different hosting company, can you, with your 'home dns' siwthc the domain from one server to the other by your self ?

sarettah
11-26-2007, 04:02 PM
like you Sarettah, the down of friday broke a whole day of developpment. About running an own dns, do you know if we can make point the domain to an external IP than the one hosting the 'home' dns ? I mean, imagine you pay for 2 servers on 2 different hosting company, can you, with your 'home dns' siwthc the domain from one server to the other by your self ?

Yes. There are several different ways to pull off a mirror that would show pretty much uninterrupted when a down time occurred.

The easiest is just inside your domains dns settings for the primary and secondary dns set it to point at the main server. For a tertiary (or beyond) set it to point at the backup server. In theory, the only time that a call for the address should see the tertiary setting is if the primary and secondary name server are down then it would find the tertiary and go to that address.

If you want to do it with just one dns server, like a home dns setup, then there will be a lag of some sort between when you change the dns to point at the backup and all the various net denizons pick up that change.

There are no perfect scenarios because of the various dns cache schemas out there.