PDA

View Full Version : Forest, you have made notable contribution

Winetalk.com
12-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I made some wine introduction,
and used your tasting notes and was told that THIS nobody ever heard before
;-))

I wrote:
Few weeks ago, on the advice of the store owner, we tried Neyers 2002 Merlot, 2600 cases production. I was a bit sceptical about the recomendation, Merlot is a merlot is a merlot after all but....this wine swept us of our feet!
First of all the nose! Don't beleive a word about "ripe cherries" from description you find on the net, cherries they are not. Unmistakenable RASBERRIES with some smell I couldn't identify at first, 'till friend of mine shared with us another bottle and pronounced:
I smell thai stick marijuanna and he was 100% right!
Needless to say that the color, tanins, taste are superb for this under $30 gem.

If anybody tried this one, I'd like to hear what you have to say. If not...let's exhange tasting notes after you do.

and thsi si what I heard in responce, be PROUD, man!

This is a first. Thai sticks! Sounds like there will be a lot of buzz on this wine.

Forest
12-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Dec 12 2004, 04:06 PM
I made some wine introduction,
and used your tasting notes and was told that THIS nobody ever heard before
;-))

I wrote:
Few weeks ago, on the advice of the store owner, we tried Neyers 2002 Merlot, 2600 cases production. I was a bit sceptical about the recomendation, Merlot is a merlot is a merlot after all but....this wine swept us of our feet!
First of all the nose! Don't beleive a word about "ripe cherries" from description you find on the net, cherries they are not. Unmistakenable RASBERRIES with some smell I couldn't identify at first, 'till friend of mine shared with us another bottle and pronounced:
I smell thai stick marijuanna and he was 100% right!
Needless to say that the color, tanins, taste are superb for this under $30 gem.

If anybody tried this one, I'd like to hear what you have to say. If not...let's exhange tasting notes after you do.

and thsi si what I heard in responce, be PROUD, man!

This is a first. Thai sticks! Sounds like there will be a lot of buzz on this wine.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a nose I have huh

:hic: