PDA

View Full Version : How do I get sky banners on websites I'm hosting?

hotwildmisty
12-06-2004, 01:13 PM
Hello,
I just purchased hornysnatch.com and plan on providing free adult hosting with it (... yes another one). My original thought was to have it bannerless and require that the webmaster sign up with my sponsor referral codes and only promo these sponsors. The more I think about it the less I like it. Probably requires more tracking on my part than I care to do. So... now I'm looking at the sky banner stuff. Except I'm thinking more along the lines of rotating textlinks instead of banners. Problem is I have no idea on how to get the damn things up automatically on pages built by others. I tried a google search and struck out... probably because I entered the wrong search terms. What I need is a script/code. Does anyone here have a clue how this is done? :headwall:

Nickatilynx
12-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by hotwildmisty@Dec 6 2004, 10:14 AM
Hello,
I just purchased hornysnatch.com and plan on providing free adult hosting with it (... yes another one). My original thought was to have it bannerless and require that the webmaster sign up with my sponsor referral codes and only promo these sponsors. The more I think about it the less I like it. Probably requires more tracking on my part than I care to do. So... now I'm looking at the sky banner stuff. Except I'm thinking more along the lines of rotating textlinks instead of banners. Problem is I have no idea on how to get the damn things up automatically on pages built by others. I tried a google search and struck out... probably because I entered the wrong search terms. What I need is a script/code. Does anyone here have a clue how this is done? :headwall:
a little late on getting into the freehosting game?

;-)))

JoesHO
12-06-2004, 01:16 PM
we would gladly solve your hosting needs at www.siliconcanal.com

dantheman
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
to be totaly honest with you, if you have to ask, you might want to reconsider the whole free hosting thing.

IMHO

Nickatilynx
12-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by dantheman@Dec 6 2004, 10:18 AM
to be totaly honest with you, if you have to ask, you might want to reconsider the whole free hosting thing.

IMHO
My thoughts exactly...

Mike AI
12-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Dec 6 2004, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Dec 6 2004, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dantheman@Dec 6 2004, 10:18 AM

IMHO
My thoughts exactly... [/b][/quote]

Unless you can use the traffic for yourself, free hosting is for the dogs....

JoesHO
did I mention I know a good host?

sarettah
Originally posted by hotwildmisty@Dec 6 2004, 01:14 PM
Does anyone here have a clue how this is done? :headwall:
There are lots of ways to do that........ :groucho:

Nickatilynx
12-06-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Mike AI+Dec 6 2004, 10:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mike AI @ Dec 6 2004, 10:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Dec 6 2004, 01:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dantheman@Dec 6 2004, 10:18 AM

IMHO
My thoughts exactly...

Unless you can use the traffic for yourself, free hosting is for the dogs.... [/b][/quote]
awww come on!!!!

It was great back in the day when someone , some dirty spammer say , would sign up for a free hosted account.

He'd put his site up , and then of course the idiot would spam it. (they are so stupid spammers sometimes)

Then bam!!!

Pull site , up goes 404 related to the ex-site...and lovely jubbly LOL

;-)))

Ok seriously...

do not open a freehost.

fuck the banners

fuck only using your sponsors.

Set your machine to take all SE traffic and redirect it , and 3 out of 5 aol referrers.

If you don't make any money , take some more..

rinse repeat ;-)))))

You are new to this game , huh?

SykkBoy
12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
freehost?
redirect all webtv users
the mentioned 3 of 5 aol users

or code up something like http://www.revsharehosting.com
the ONLY freehost I'd recomend other than freehosts provided by sponsors themselves...

and no, I'm not affiliated with revsharehosting other than the programmer behind it is the godfather of my youngest daughter ;-)

raymor
12-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Google mod_layout and mod_footer.
Actually Google may not turn up much useful info, so talk to your sys admin about
mod_layout and mod_footer. If you sysadmin knows nothing about mod_layout
and mod_footer than go back dantheman's post. :)