PDA

View Full Version : OK my first thread

buckethead
12-06-2004, 11:12 AM
I want to buy some traffic, but am reluctant .

Nickatilynx
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Why are you reluctant.

Joesho here could hook you up.

Traffic is easy to get , good traffic isn't.

Newton
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Yep speak to JoesHO, he is a diamond geezer and will sort you out pukka.

joshuasevilla
12-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Hi there … I can help you out with your traffic needs by sending you traffic directly from us via www.sex.com!

Also, I can get you started under a one time promotion to help you with your budget… Email or ICQ me for more info…thanks,

Joshua

(jaltman@sex.com)

ICQ #281-748-807
AOL IM “JoshuaSevilla”

gonzo
12-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by joshuasevilla@Dec 6 2004, 04:54 PM
Hi there … I can help you out with your traffic needs by sending you traffic directly from us via www.sex.com!

Also, I can get you started under a one time promotion to help you with your budget… Email or ICQ me for more info…thanks,

Joshua

(jaltman@sex.com)

ICQ #281-748-807
AOL IM “JoshuaSevilla”
Sex.com what a fucking joke. Once the thief gave it back to Kremen he cant make any money off of it now.

sextoyking
12-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Damm Gonzo

now that's the way to build new relationships!!! LOL

Lee
12-06-2004, 06:10 PM
You do have to wonder about Garys sanity sometimes though lol

He has all these Harvard business graduates working on the site and around him yet the site still doesnt make anything near what it did when Cohen had hold of the domain.

Also, lets be honest, there really should be a TGP on that site at least SOMEWHERE.

gonzo
12-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by sextoyking@Dec 6 2004, 06:07 PM
Damm Gonzo

now that's the way to build new relationships!!! LOL
hahaha your right Todd. I havent moved my line of morality back enough to make more money as someone was suggesting the other day on Netpond.

I have bought and know many that have bought traffic from that search engine though and its preforms piss poor.

In the interest of fairness and to prove Im wrong and this wasnt a drive by spam cuz that boardtracker went off.... I offer the harvard grad to explain how things have changed since I bought traffic there.

Call bullshit and Ill remind you that Peer Patrick used to work there!

Ill go one further.... deliver a plausible explination and I will purchase traffic from sex.com to feed the TGP hub.

rhymer
12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by buckethead@Dec 6 2004, 08:13 AM
I want to buy some traffic, but am reluctant .
You wanna buy truly focussed hugely converting traffic? Buy magazine advertising. It works better than anything I have ever seen. Every phone call is a sale.

Lee
12-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Magazine advertising is hit or miss at best.

No way of gauging the amount of ad impressions or response rate.

The best type of advertising is the type you can actually follow and garner statistics from $0.02

Then once you have those statistics you make a solid business choice whether to continue your campaign or stat afresh with another source.

rhymer
12-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Dec 6 2004, 04:11 PM

The best type of advertising is the type you can actually follow and garner statistics from $0.02

Then once you have those statistics you make a solid business choice whether to continue your campaign or stat afresh with another source.
Its actually simpler than that. You drop 10 grand on magazine advertising. You get an 800 number and sell products on your site that are print based, then you see how much dough you made. You know exactly where the traffic is coming from and exactly the ROI. Clean, simple and no extra bandwidth. Who cares about impressions? I just care about what goes in my pocket.

Lee
12-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by rhymer+Dec 6 2004, 04:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rhymer @ Dec 6 2004, 04:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Dec 6 2004, 04:11 PM

Its actually simpler than that. You drop 10 grand on magazine advertising. You get an 800 number and sell products on your site that are print based, then you see how much dough you made. You know exactly where the traffic is coming from and exactly the ROI. Clean, simple and no extra bandwidth. Who cares about impressions? I just care about what goes in my pocket. [/b][/quote]
Whatever.

I prefer to see exactly where my $$$ is going as far as the return i get and how it can be improved upon.

Why drop $10k on an ad in a mag thats going to make me $15k when i could drop $10k on traffic deals and make $15k a month indefinately.

rhymer
12-06-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Lee+Dec 6 2004, 04:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Dec 6 2004, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by rhymer@Dec 6 2004, 04:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Dec 6 2004, 04:11 PM

Its actually simpler than that. You drop 10 grand on magazine advertising. You get an 800 number and sell products on your site that are print based, then you see how much dough you made. You know exactly where the traffic is coming from and exactly the ROI. Clean, simple and no extra bandwidth. Who cares about impressions? I just care about what goes in my pocket.
Whatever.

I prefer to see exactly where my $$$ is going as far as the return i get and how it can be improved upon.

Why drop $10k on an ad in a mag thats going to make me $15k when i could drop $10k on traffic deals and make $15k a month indefinately. [/b][/quote]
because magazines are like herpes. They are forever. They last for years in repackaging, second hand stores....well you get the picture. Plus they are totally focussed. It makes perfect sense and makes lots of money. There are other ways to do it, but this is one of the best I have ever seen. I did one ad campaign that cost 3500 dollars and I made about 40 thousand dollars out of it. I am still making money out of that one and it was run four years ago. I am not saying it is the only way, but it sure as shit is a good way in a portfolio of advertising strategies. It melds real world with the internet and plugs you into a lot of consumers with little or no internet savvy.

Nickatilynx
12-06-2004, 07:40 PM
I especially hate rhymer when he makes valid points.

Rolo
12-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Lee@Dec 6 2004, 03:11 PM
Also, lets be honest, there really should be a TGP on that site at least SOMEWHERE.
Why???? :blink:

Lee
12-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Rolo+Dec 6 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rolo @ Dec 6 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Dec 6 2004, 03:11 PM
Why???? :blink: [/b][/quote]
Because then they wouldnt have to trawl the boards as often as they would have their own traffic source ;)

rhymer
12-06-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Dec 6 2004, 04:41 PM
I especially hate rhymer when he makes valid points.
Yeah, I am old school nick. I age well like fine wine.

buckethead
12-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by joshuasevilla@Dec 6 2004, 01:54 PM

Joshua

(jaltman@sex.com)

ICQ #281-748-807
AOL IM “JoshuaSevilla”
Thank you I will be in touch.