PDA

View Full Version : Oprano...all I want for Xmas is ?

gonzo
12-03-2004, 11:08 AM
While Mike69 is busy moving Oprano to the new server...[no Serge its not moved according to DNS, I think hes been tweaking it though] I figured everyone might like to start that long list of what youd like to see us add here.

Mike has some unique ideas and we aint telling you what they are but with his tech skills we are working to build this Think Tank into something noone else has ever seen before.

But we want your help.

So Ive started this wish list so we can get plenty of work lined up for Mike before he even gets started.

Please keep your requests related to the board. We are all out of rolls of nickels.

Heres what we WONT be adding.

Pay per post
Signature Whoring

Write your letter to Santa Mike in this thread.

Lee
12-03-2004, 11:17 AM
Well I spoke to Serge a month or two ago about an idea that he and Mike seemed to like so perhaps you should ask them about it and, if you like the idea too lets move forward on it ;)

Oh and it didnt involve any of the following:

Shrink wrap
Lard or;
Sex

Anthony
12-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Open the fucking board up.

Nickatilynx
12-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Anthony@Dec 3 2004, 08:21 AM
lol

gonzo
12-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Lee@Dec 3 2004, 11:18 AM
Well I spoke to Serge a month or two ago about an idea that he and Mike seemed to like so perhaps you should ask them about it and, if you like the idea too lets move forward on it ;)

Shrink wrap
Lard or;
Sex
Lee those guys are retired!

hit me up gonzo@oprano.com

gonzo
Originally posted by Anthony@Dec 3 2004, 11:21 AM
Open it up how?

Winetalk.com
Piece of Earth?
;-)))

Lee
12-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Dec 3 2004, 08:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Dec 3 2004, 08:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Dec 3 2004, 11:18 AM

Shrink wrap
Lard or;
Sex

hit me up gonzo@oprano.com [/b][/quote]
Gonzo, i dont do email well whats your ICQ bud?

gonzo
12-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Lee+Dec 3 2004, 11:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Dec 3 2004, 11:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Dec 3 2004, 08:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Lee@Dec 3 2004, 11:18 AM

Shrink wrap
Lard or;
Sex

hit me up gonzo@oprano.com
Gonzo, i dont do email well whats your ICQ bud? [/b][/quote]

pushpills
12-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Serge_Oprano@Dec 3 2004, 10:47 AM
Piece of Earth?
;-)))
peace of pie?

Anthony
12-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Excellent on opening up the board.

Was talking to No Pacs, he's a happy pig.

Diamond Jim
12-03-2004, 03:03 PM
A functioning email notification feature...I've never been able to get this one to work...

I disregard any claims of operator error...

Nickatilynx
12-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Dec 3 2004, 12:03 PM
Excellent on opening up the board.

Was talking to No Pacs, he's a happy pig.
who?

;-))))

Anthony
12-03-2004, 03:35 PM
One of Oprano's new readers now that it's public again.

Evil Chris
12-03-2004, 03:59 PM
I want to win the NatNet pool. :)

Please Santa Sweet T?

Nickatilynx
12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Dec 3 2004, 12:36 PM
One of Oprano's new readers now that it's public again.
I know ;-))

he just gave me a kickass receipe for Lamb Curry , which I'm gonna cook tonight :)

mmmm curry :)

I love cooking these days , so much time on my hands through not drinking :)

ummm its not gay is it for evil people such as us to be swapping receipes.

;-))

Anthony
12-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Lamb Curry?

MMMMMM, nice. Funny enough, I'm having rack of lamb tonight myself!

JoesHO
12-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Anthony@Dec 3 2004, 08:21 AM
Ditto!!!! release the hounds of war !!!!!

JoesHO
12-03-2004, 05:54 PM
I would like to see a forum dedicated to pure sports... and look like something that would rival espn.com and have discussions on everything from ufc, to nascr, to the olympics, to golf etc... no stone left unturned ( of course football basketball, and the like, but I mean even like XGames stats and trivia....

we coul make a game out of it and make everyday a winner so evil chris can win something more than just once a year.... or in one place... college bowl season is upon us, nba in full swing, and hockey etc....

gonzo
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Dec 3 2004, 05:55 PM
I would like to see a forum dedicated to pure sports... and look like something that would rival espn.com and have discussions on everything from ufc, to nascr, to the olympics, to golf etc... no stone left unturned ( of course football basketball, and the like, but I mean even like XGames stats and trivia....

we coul make a game out of it and make everyday a winner so evil chris can win something more than just once a year.... or in one place... college bowl season is upon us, nba in full swing, and hockey etc....
Run with it Joe!!!

Theres an opening in the Poker area. What better place to have fun and gambling?

BTW you made your pickem pics yet?

HoneyBlond
12-03-2004, 06:08 PM
A sepll cheker for those of us that are usleess :unsure:

TheEnforcer
12-03-2004, 07:12 PM
This is more of a "woldn't that be cool" type of thing but i think it wold be neat to be able to customize your appearance settings for the board. Don't even know if it's possible but would be kinda cool.

Nickatilynx
12-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by JoesHO1@Dec 3 2004, 02:55 PM

fuck yeah , Joe!!!

:)

(he said pretending that this was the first time the suggestion was made to him)

;-)))

Hell Puppy
12-03-2004, 09:06 PM
A modern day version of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly....not just sponsors, but traffic brokers and any other category that is infested by cockholsters....

Newton
12-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Dec 3 2004, 06:07 PM
A modern day version of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly....not just sponsors, but traffic brokers and any other category that is infested by cockholsters....
Nice idea .. Those who have been PROVEN to be scammers, throughout the industry. A way to give everyone an idea of whom, not to do business with. The proof must be there from more than a pissed off surfer.

Playful Melissa
12-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Okay - a little off topic on Lamb Curry but how about a disbute resolve sections

For example - you have an issue - you think the other guy is an asshole, he thinks you are.

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

Both sides present thier sides with facts and issues.

Its voted on by OPRANO users blah blah blah

both parties agree to accept however the results turn out?

Just a suggustion - kinda tired of all the piss on the boards and no way of really getting it resolved except perhaps lawyers and even then it doesn't always get resolved.

M

Lee
12-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Playful Melissa@Dec 4 2004, 06:55 AM
Okay - a little off topic on Lamb Curry but how about a disbute resolve sections

For example - you have an issue - you think the other guy is an asshole, he thinks you are.

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

Just a suggustion - kinda tired of all the piss on the boards and no way of really getting it resolved except perhaps lawyers and even then it doesn't always get resolved.

M
But dont forget..

Sometimes the marketing is better than the product ;)

JoesHO
12-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Lee+Dec 4 2004, 06:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lee @ Dec 4 2004, 06:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Playful Melissa@Dec 4 2004, 06:55 AM

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

M
But dont forget..

Sometimes the marketing is better than the product ;) [/b][/quote]
yeah, look at shake and bake curry for example.... that shit sucks!!!!! ( and not in a good way Lee)

gonzo
12-05-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Playful Melissa@Dec 4 2004, 09:55 AM

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

M
We were doing that LIVE problem is after we did it a few months no one wanted to come on. Its much easier to hide behind a keyboard...distort the facts and get a few of your paid off pals or employees to come in and tell everyone what a great person you are than to come on a radio show and be confronted by people with legitimate beefs.

However that is 2 votes to bring back the GBU. I have an idea on how to do that....but Ill wait till Mike69 has moved to the new server.

Hell Puppy
12-05-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by gonzo+Dec 5 2004, 02:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gonzo @ Dec 5 2004, 02:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Playful Melissa@Dec 4 2004, 09:55 AM

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

M
We were doing that LIVE problem is after we did it a few months no one wanted to come on. Its much easier to hide behind a keyboard...distort the facts and get a few of your paid off pals or employees to come in and tell everyone what a great person you are than to come on a radio show and be confronted by people with legitimate beefs.

However that is 2 votes to bring back the GBU. I have an idea on how to do that....but Ill wait till Mike69 has moved to the new server. [/b][/quote]
Court wont work, nor will any kind of seal of approval kind of thing or anything similar.

What does work is simply having a place where experiences dealing with various entities can be presented and organized in a manner so as to make it easy to look up a given business.

There are gonna be nutbags and scammers out there who cheat and then bitch when they get booted. There are also going to be shills that'll tell you a turd smells like a rose. But if there are say 15-20 reviews, the truth will come out in the wash.

For traffic brokers for instance, I would invision an interface where you pull up a list of brokers who there have been reports received on. You click on the link to see the reports. It gives you an average rating followed by most recent entries from users of that service. The entries would be simply a rating of 1 to 10 with 1 being "total scumbag, no one should do business with them" while 10 would be "good as gold, been around forever, I'd trust 'em with my child's piggy bank" along with a bit of text for review....i'm thinking typically a paragraph.

Very similar to the type of stuff Amazon does with their products.

This provides a very useful service, but Oprano remains Switzerland and merely presents the information without passing judgement.

Vick
12-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Program reviews could be a great idea

We mostly know who is who here and who works for whom. Info on newer members will come out one way or another

Maybe X amount of posts or Y amount of time as a member of Oprano could be required/suggested to give a program review

The other side of the coin being that I am a little hesitant to give a program that is working for me a big plug as I don't want it to get "burned out" or get a lot of lessor converting traffic where that program has to make "adjustments"

Peaches
12-05-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Dec 5 2004, 05:41 AM
One of Oprano's sponsors already does that :)

JoesHO
12-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Peaches+Dec 5 2004, 05:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peaches @ Dec 5 2004, 05:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vick@Dec 5 2004, 05:41 AM
One of Oprano's sponsors already does that :) [/b][/quote]
good point, maybe a review preview would be in order then, ????? could be just asnippets of the sponsors reviews, ( but one would have to ask if the reviews are unbiased or not too, does one have to pay in order to get reviewed by this source?)

Kacy
12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Hell Puppy+Dec 5 2004, 12:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hell Puppy @ Dec 5 2004, 12:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by gonzo@Dec 5 2004, 02:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Playful Melissa@Dec 4 2004, 09:55 AM

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

M

However that is 2 votes to bring back the GBU. I have an idea on how to do that....but Ill wait till Mike69 has moved to the new server.
Court wont work, nor will any kind of seal of approval kind of thing or anything similar.

What does work is simply having a place where experiences dealing with various entities can be presented and organized in a manner so as to make it easy to look up a given business.

There are gonna be nutbags and scammers out there who cheat and then bitch when they get booted. There are also going to be shills that'll tell you a turd smells like a rose. But if there are say 15-20 reviews, the truth will come out in the wash.

For traffic brokers for instance, I would invision an interface where you pull up a list of brokers who there have been reports received on. You click on the link to see the reports. It gives you an average rating followed by most recent entries from users of that service. The entries would be simply a rating of 1 to 10 with 1 being "total scumbag, no one should do business with them" while 10 would be "good as gold, been around forever, I'd trust 'em with my child's piggy bank" along with a bit of text for review....i'm thinking typically a paragraph.

This provides a very useful service, but Oprano remains Switzerland and merely presents the information without passing judgement. [/b][/quote]
I agree with that. I have felt for years there should be some sort of industry wide look up system where people could check out the webmasters payment histoty, etc. Like a credit check. So for example a web host could look up dead webmasters that never pay and not open an account for them, LOL :)

But, like you were saying this could be used for many other areas as well. Content providers, sponsors, etc.

Companies would pay to be a members and report their clients credit rating and then as a member you could do look ups and if you wanted to check someone out then you could pay for the one time look up type thing. Basically just like our regular credit check system that is place.

Anyway, not sure who is going to do and when, but I really wish we has a system like this :)

gonzo
12-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Kacy+Dec 5 2004, 12:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kacy @ Dec 5 2004, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Hell Puppy@Dec 5 2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by gonzo@Dec 5 2004, 02:18 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Playful Melissa@Dec 4 2004, 09:55 AM

Bring it to OPRANO COURT

M

This provides a very useful service, but Oprano remains Switzerland and merely presents the information without passing judgement.
I agree with that. I have felt for years there should be some sort of industry wide look up system where people could check out the webmasters payment histoty, etc. Like a credit check. So for example a web host could look up dead webmasters that never pay and not open an account for them, LOL :)

But, like you were saying this could be used for many other areas as well. Content providers, sponsors, etc.

Companies would pay to be a members and report their clients credit rating and then as a member you could do look ups and if you wanted to check someone out then you could pay for the one time look up type thing. Basically just like our regular credit check system that is place.

Anyway, not sure who is going to do and when, but I really wish we has a system like this :) [/b][/quote]
This is a keeper for sure. And I have a way we can do it which will be fair and simple for everyone.

Its and idea I will take from that prepaid company that never paid me.

Nickatilynx
12-05-2004, 01:01 PM
an updated GBU sounds really good.

I like the idea of a "court" too.But I'm nuts....

Newton
12-06-2004, 01:41 PM
for sale threads? adult industry stuff for sale, private sales not the spam shit.

Dravyk
12-06-2004, 02:02 PM
A talking Flash board. Click a button and all the posts are read to you. Naturally everyone sounds like Stephen Hawking. :P

Newton
12-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Stephen Hawkings rocks :rokk: Division Bell here I come

Nickatilynx
12-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dravyk@Dec 6 2004, 11:03 AM
A talking Flash board. Click a button and all the posts are read to you. Naturally everyone sounds like Stephen Hawking. :P
I actually do sound like Hawking.

Newton
12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
The mental image I have is one of Lovejoy crossed with Davros the Dalek leader

Dravyk
12-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Dec 6 2004, 02:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Dec 6 2004, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dravyk@Dec 6 2004, 11:03 AM
I actually do sound like Hawking. [/b][/quote]
No, you don't!

But Barry Hilton does sound exactly like "Holly". :)

iFliPcEsS
12-06-2004, 08:37 PM
happiness & good health for all the members of my family & circle of friends,

JoesHO
12-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by iFliPcEsS@Dec 6 2004, 05:38 PM
happiness & good health for all the members of my family & circle of friends,
We hope to see you around these parts more too... that would be a good Xmas present... :D :inlove:

Winetalk.com
12-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Just a freindly reminder, if anyone here would like to have offshore hosting, Joe can help with that.