PDA

View Full Version : Manning and the Curse

Vick
11-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Do you know what Manning's record and statistics are against Bill Belichick and the Patriots?
Maning and the Dolts are 1-6 against the Patriots, a record that includes a loss this season. In those seven games against the Patriots, Manning has thrown 13 touchdowns (half of what he just accomplished in his last seven games) and he's been intercepted 12 times and sacked 15 times.

Yes Manning is a great QB but I enjoy seeing him and the Dolts lose.

You think the curse of the Bambino was something
It won't compare with the curse of the Dolts, until the Blue and Silver colors are returned to Baltimore and sitting safely in the Babe Ruth museum here the Colts will never win the big game

No Super Bowl ring for you Indianapolis

grimm
11-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Vick@Nov 28 2004, 07:22 AM
Do you know what Manning's record and statistics are against Bill Belichick and the Patriots?
Maning and the Dolts are 1-6 against the Patriots, a record that includes a loss this season. In those seven games against the Patriots, Manning has thrown 13 touchdowns (half of what he just accomplished in his last seven games) and he's been intercepted 12 times and sacked 15 times.

Yes Manning is a great QB but I enjoy seeing him and the Dolts lose.

You think the curse of the Bambino was something
It won't compare with the curse of the Dolts, until the Blue and Silver colors are returned to Baltimore and sitting safely in the Babe Ruth museum here the Colts will never win the big game

No Super Bowl ring for you Indianapolis
they just need to play defense, its no curse, its a new defensive coordinator.

Vick
11-28-2004, 10:31 AM
My beloved Silver and Blue was taken from this town
The colors I grew up on and bled
The colors Johnny Unitas wore, the colors Jim O'Brien was wearing as he kicked the winning field goal in Super Bowl 5

Fuck that, it's a curse

Why do you think I've been to St Louis#1 and other place I can't mention?

Watch the Dolts and Manning losing the big one every year is hardly enough of a payback for not having the Silver and Blue here

Indianapolis can have the team and the Irsays (if they are still there) the Silver and Blue must return, not to be worn but to go in the Babe Ruth Museum here in Baltimore

grimm
11-28-2004, 10:37 AM
oh thats right.. baltimore... still carrying around that chip? must be getting heavy:)

Mike AI
11-28-2004, 10:38 AM
Curse???

Try being a Saints fan!!

The Saints and now the Hornets have dissappointed me so much that I do not watch much football or basketball at all now.... Sports are not as important to me now. I am trying to severe my emotional attatchment to the Saints...

I am in step 4 of a 12 step program. My poor father, I do not think there is any cure for him.

Who would have thought I would be longing for Hockey.... at least the Lightning played well. ( I don't expect Saints to win superbowl, but expect at least a competative team who plays with heart)

Sharky did hook me up with tickets to next weeks Tampa - ATL game here in Tampa - so it will be nice to catch a game in a great outdoor stadium and watch Vick.

Vick
11-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Nov 28 2004, 10:38 AM
oh thats right.. baltimore... still carrying around that chip? must be getting heavy:)
I'll carry it as far as you'll carry a Buckeye :P

Maybe even further :)

grimm
11-28-2004, 10:44 AM
I have no chip, in Tressel i trust;)

as i het ready to head off to the bengals-browns game.

go ahead... take the shot, i tee'd it up for you:)

Vick
11-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by grimm@Nov 28 2004, 10:45 AM
Nah, you're suffering anough already :P

grimm
11-28-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Vick+Nov 28 2004, 08:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Nov 28 2004, 08:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-grimm@Nov 28 2004, 10:45 AM
Nah, you're suffering anough already :P [/b][/quote]
yet i keep going back:)

Evil Chris
11-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Vick, the AFC Championship game will tell if it's a curse or not.

Don't pine for Unitas. It would be like a hockey fan yearning for the days of Rocket Richard and Gordie Howe.

TheEnforcer
11-28-2004, 09:42 PM
I'll be thinking about you long suffering fans tomorrow night when I am at the greatest stadium in the NFL , Lambeau Field, watching the greatest franchise in the NFL, my beloved Packers, beat the Rams !! :rokk:

Vick
11-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Nov 28 2004, 07:50 PM

Don't pine for Unitas. It would be like a hockey fan yearning for the days of Rocket Richard and Gordie Howe.
Chris - did you grow up on the BALTIMORE Colts?
Did you grow up on Unitas, Mattee, Mackey, Mike Curtis, Ted Hendricks, not to mention Raymond Berry. Oh I could go on and on

Were you one of the thousands and thousand who worshiped on Sundays at the world's largest outdoor insane asylum, then known as Memorial stadium

Do you know where you were watching the game when Mike Curtis intercepted the pass in Super Bowl 5 that set up Jim O'Brien's game winning field goal?

Did you bleed Colt's blue?

Do you know the BALTIMORE Colts help the NFL achieve the popularity it has today, winning what has been called by many the greatest game ever played
It was on television
(1958 championship game against the Giants if you're ignorant of the fact)

The curse extends it's self in many ways, every loss, every playoff loss and the sweetest (when it ever happens) will be multiple Superbowl loses

grimm
11-29-2004, 01:49 AM
simply one of the highest scoring NFL games ever 106 pts scored .....58-48 bengals

grimm
11-29-2004, 01:49 AM
what a fucking game to watch

grimm
11-29-2004, 02:06 AM
eli manning looks and acts like a bitch.

hed be a fish at rikers

Buff
11-29-2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Evil Chris@Nov 28 2004, 06:50 PM

No it won't -- Pitt is going to slaughter one of those teams in the AFC CG.

Evil Chris
11-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Vick+Nov 28 2004, 11:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vick @ Nov 28 2004, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evil Chris@Nov 28 2004, 07:50 PM

Chris - did you grow up on the BALTIMORE Colts?
Did you grow up on Unitas, Mattee, Mackey, Mike Curtis, Ted Hendricks, not to mention Raymond Berry. Oh I could go on and on

Were you one of the thousands and thousand who worshiped on Sundays at the world's largest outdoor insane asylum, then known as Memorial stadium

Do you know where you were watching the game when Mike Curtis intercepted the pass in Super Bowl 5 that set up Jim O'Brien's game winning field goal?

Did you bleed Colt's blue?

Do you know the BALTIMORE Colts help the NFL achieve the popularity it has today, winning what has been called by many the greatest game ever played
It was on television
(1958 championship game against the Giants if you're ignorant of the fact)

The curse extends it's self in many ways, every loss, every playoff loss and the sweetest (when it ever happens) will be multiple Superbowl loses [/b][/quote]
I wasn't even a thought in 1958, but I know of the touchdown you're referring to. Al Ameche scored to win it for the Colts in what was then referred to as the "greatest football game ever played". I would have loved to have seen it.

No, I don't bleed Colt's blue. I do bleed blue, however, it's Toronto Maple Leafs blue.
They haven't hoisted Lord Stanley over their heads since 1967.

I'm what you'd call a new fan of the Colts. It's only been since the Marchibroda era (well after they left Baltimore) that I've really followed them as a fan. I did take some interest in them in the late 80's though when Eric Dickerson was putting up the numbers.

Don't be discouraged... Even Red Sox fans have something to be happy about now. :)