PDA

View Full Version : I hate when I do that.......

sarettah
11-21-2004, 09:56 PM
So earlier this evening I encounter one of them electrical ghosts in my house. The lights in the basement bath and the basement utility room decide they arent going to work. After some tracing around I discover that if I jiggle a socket upastairs, the lights in the basement work again...

So, I get out my trusty tools... Turn off the computeres, including my server, while I figure out which circuit breaker I have to secure. Figure it out, go and remove the guilty socket from the circuit, make sure everything is working ok and then go out to get some dinner.

Come home, fire up my laptop and can't get to my mail.

That's when I realize I forgot to turn the fucking server back on :headwall:

So, for two hours mail bounced (no biggie) but I also run my Navy Alumni site off this fucker, so it was down for 2 hours and some of the old guys use it as a homebase.

So, now I have to go over to the Alumni board and tell them what happened....

I hate when I fuck up like that....aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I am a bad bad bad evil nasty person....... (still not as bad and evil as most :yowsa: ) (and no Nick, I din't forget old old old)

Nickatilynx
11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
In the "old days"

If your servers went down for a couple of hours...

I'd have been PISSED!!!!

;-))))

sarettah
11-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 21 2004, 10:58 PM
In the "old days"

I'd have been PISSED!!!!

;-))))
You and several other folks......

I miss dem days :(

I was over there the other day, they still aren't doing much except keeping the old sites up (by court order I think until the last members quit or something)

Fucked deal... A perfectly good data center sitting there, wired for more bandwidth then the U.S. government, and it's not being used for anything.

Oh well. what you gonna do, ya know ?

Nickatilynx
11-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Nov 21 2004, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Nov 21 2004, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Nov 21 2004, 10:58 PM
In the "old days"

I'd have been PISSED!!!!

;-))))

I was over there the other day, they still aren't doing much except keeping the old sites up (by court order I think until the last members quit or something)

Fucked deal... A perfectly good data center sitting there, wired for more bandwidth then the U.S. government, and it's not being used for anything.

Oh well. what you gonna do, ya know ? [/b][/quote]
really.................

Nickatilynx
11-21-2004, 11:11 PM
I miss dem days

No shit!!! LOL

I miss the weekly checks for $250,000 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;-)))

sarettah
11-21-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickatilynx+Nov 21 2004, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nickatilynx @ Nov 21 2004, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by sarettah@Nov 21 2004, 08:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Nov 21 2004, 10:58 PM
In the "old days"

I'd have been PISSED!!!!

;-))))

really................. [/b][/quote]
I semll something burning in that head of yours....lolololol

Nickatilynx
11-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by sarettah+Nov 21 2004, 08:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sarettah @ Nov 21 2004, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Nickatilynx@Nov 21 2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by sarettah@Nov 21 2004, 08:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Nickatilynx@Nov 21 2004, 10:58 PM
In the "old days"

I'd have been PISSED!!!!

;-))))

really.................
I semll something burning in that head of yours....lolololol [/b][/quote]
LOL

I have a lot of time to occupy nowadays....

so ......

a lot of bandwidth....just sitting there.

shocking waste...